Beast Bound: Chock full of Classic RPGness

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Lt. Action, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I hate freemium games but love RPG and crafting games. Sent a message for a test run and hope you can convince me like Terra Battle that not all free to play sucks. Really I have found a few that are tolerable, key word a few.

2. Lt. Action

Lt. Action Well-Known Member

Yet another wayward soul falls helplessly into- I mean, submits willfully to a tortured future of testing our unfinished- I mean, welcome aboard.

3. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Yay!!! The more the merrier! So how close was I to your name Lt.

I'll get it right eventually and then I will slowly take over

4. Lt. Action

A lady never tells ;*

5. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    So when does the first trial run come to be Tony the Tiger

6. Lt. Action

Soon, my pet, soon.

We aren't releasing formal "test batches" and just updating semi-weekly. It's all ongoing which is both a blessing and a fat, steaming curse.

There are smatterings of 1.0 here and there, but they aren't mortared together.

As of now, it is akin to me suggesting that you make yourself cozy in that pile of bricks over there because that's what houses are made of. Right now we're interested on feedback simply in how it all "feels". Does moving feel good, how does battle feel, what about crafting etc. Everything is subject to change.

Keep an eye on that email, you should be hearing from us very soon! <3

7. Lt. Action

Because I know you jackals only understand violence, I thought you'd like this.

[​IMG]

And just so we're clear on how early in development we are, I just painted this TODAY.

8. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    This looks so amazing!

9. rittchard

rittchard Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Love the artwork!

I tried sending an email for testing a few days ago, but I didn't hear back, so let me try sending a PM here as well.

Thanks and good luck!

10. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon

Let me guess the main character's name is TONY! hahaha So I'm coming to see what you did there Big T. Your last initial is F so you have sent us pictures of Feliza and now Fist...CONSPIRACY!!! Quite toying around over there and Let Us Play :D I have beasts to tame and dragons to slay noble sire!

11. Lt. Action

Oh Zeillusion, rittchard, if I could gather you both into a great, sweeping hug and press you tightly into my hairy and heaving bosom for all time, I would <3

The game is certainly coming along! I can't wait until we're finally in a place that we can push it, crying and screaming, into the app store :D

As for you, aconfusedkender, though the above adventurer is both brown of hair and sure of fist, he doth not share the name bore by the Golden Lion. You are correct in detecting that I toy with you, sir, as all that lay before me is my play-thing, the world my toy box, its rabble my toys.

12. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Man I feel that I could go back and forth with you and that's game enough for me haha. I bet you have your "play-thing" in front of you at all times!
    So why don't I get a group hug?!?! Maybe I would like a hairy chest man hug every once in a while. A switch from my wifes heaving supple bosom (minus the hairy...thank goodness)
    As for that I will wait patiently for your official bro hug invite, if it is not forthcoming then the WRATH of ACONFUSEDKENDER will be UPON YOU!!!

13. Lt. Action

#33 Lt. Action, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    Deepest regrets, aconfusedkender. A meaty-man-chested hug will not make this up to you.

Instead, I will say that you should keep at least one eyeball pressed firmly to your email tonight as we will be releasing a new test build oozing with new content!

GET. EXCITED.

14. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    My eyeball has dried up...Thanks now I'm blind in one eye waiting on the excitement.

15. Lt. Action

The Good Action giveth, aconfusedkender, but he also taketh away.

Observe that which he hath taketh with your one eye and reflect on his majesty.

Now, observe once more as he giveth;

If ya'll don't sign up to help us test, that's a paddlin'.

A MANA paddlin'.

[​IMG]

16. rittchard

rittchard Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2011
    I love it, big hairy dude hugs and premature excitement!! I have to say reading this thread is more fun than half of the games I've downloaded lately. :p

Anyway, just to make sure I didn't miss something, should I/we be looking out for something in email or TestFlight or ??? Any ETA??

17. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    This looks really nice. And some of you posters are very, very funny! :)

18. Lt. Action

My middle name ain't "Morefunthanhalf O' Thegamesivedownloadedlately" for no reason!

And yes indeed, there should be a hot coal burning brightly in your inbox heralding a new build if I am not mistaken. Unthinkable as it is, I MIGHT actually be mistaken, I'll have to check with my other half for you tomorrow, the build may have been limited due to the nature of the update.

Here's what you do tonight:

1. Get a big glass of steaming milk.
    2. Tuck yourself in, like, way tight. Like I would fall asleep in a contented delirium just looking at you, you so tucked.
    3. Whip your phone out with shocking aplomb, I know you can.
    4. Check your email.
    5. Download a build and watch helplessly as you are transported into a mysterious new land!
    6. If steps 4/5 fail you, at least you're tucked like no one has ever seen.

When you wake up, IF you wake up, count on me having an answer hot and ready for you when you return.

Also, Valentia: oh blushes, you go on, now <3

19. aconfusedkender

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    #39 aconfusedkender, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    1. I had a steaming cup of DixonCider (ohhh yeah, see what I did there...) before bed
    2. I could have sworn I felt someone tickling me last night...hmmm wasn't my wife or kids...WAS IT YOU TONY FORTISES???
    3. I whipped out my phone to utter disappointment, it was filled with work emails :mad:
    4. WORK EMAIL
    5. No land in sight that you spoke of...YOU HAVE FORSAKEN ME BEASTIE
    6. Maybe I didn't sign up properly? :eek: I went through your link on first page

Edit: Checked and yes email was sent on 2/2/15 from [email protected]

20. Lt. Action

They don't call me "Ol' Bed Fingers" for nothing!

They apparently don't call me anything for nothing.

HERE'S THE SCOOP!

We need a bit more time to roll all of you lovely Touch Arcade folk into our testing pool, the response has been tremendous and we've only got four hands between us!

[​IMG]

Our plan is to push something out to the entire testing pool sometime this week! I'll keep you all updated and regurgitate all the breaking news directly into your gaping maw, as the mama bird does for her chicks <3

Sorry for the delay!