Bears vs Art (by halfbrick) (soft launch in Canada, Aus)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 10, 2014.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Thanks for the post, downloading now to see what it's like, but the art style looks good from the video and pictures. Also like the rhyming video.

2. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    is it already available in CA and AUS?

3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    It is, just played up to level 26 so far. It does have an energy system which I guess is part of its way to make money. Although it's not that bad as if you complete a level you get back the energy it cost to enter and as I'm likely to play until I get stuck or run out of energy then set it down for a while the system won't affect me.

The gameplay seems to keep me playing, generally I'm not a big fan of most puzzle games but something about it makes me want to play more. It introduces different elements as you go along and levels vary a little with the goal and challenge. You earn gold as you play which let's you unlock costumes which give your bear a boost and alter the way he plays. I've only got one so far though nearly enough for the second.

I hate candy crush but know people that play it...even my parents do and I see similarities with the games just basically on the map layout and how it displays who's up to where and then with the IAP system and limited turns. Still I'd say it's well worth trying.

4. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    ok that trailer shows nothing abt how gameplay is. whats the game play like anyone? any game play vids anywhere online?

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    You can tell from screenshots if you find any. Basically your in a room which is divided by squares and you can move up, down and diagonally but when you chose a direction to move you roll in that direction until you hit a wall. Hence the puzzle aspect as pictures are placed in various locations and you have to work out how to get them all in a certain number of turns. As you play through the game it adds more obstacles like visitors, security guards and spikes I know there's more to come I just haven't reached yet.

You also get timed levels with no turn limit, some that are timed and have a turn limit, sometimes to destroy all the visitors sometimes to avoid them and only get paintings. So far I picked up a hat that increases roll speed 50% and a pirate hat that reduces gold for pictures destroyed but increases gold in chests you find.

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Here's a picture they use on the AppStore hopefully that will give you a better idea.

Attached Files:

7. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    So in this game, do you play as the bears, the art, or both?

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Your a bear and you go into the art exhibit to destroy the art.