Universal Bean Dreams (by Kumobius)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Thanks a lot. That worked..

2. parabola_master

parabola_master Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    After beating this game, I went back to the original Bean's Quest. And holy crap, the original is so much harder than this. The second world is harder to 100% than this game's final world! Haha

Loved loved loved Bean Dreams. I never really liked the original too much since it was too difficult, but this game is delightfully fun at all times. :)

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Finished the whole game, it was a delight, this is platforming at it's best, who Needs NINTENDO.

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Looks like no riot.

5. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I still haven't got this because I've purchased quite a lot lately but with my refund I still really want to get it.

6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Finally got around to playing and I really like it, looks great on my iPad which I was worried about and I love the gameplay and various elements being introduced. Most of all I'm happy that goals can be done separately such as get all fruit and the axolol or whatever it is in one go and then try again for jumps.

7. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Kind of weird question:
    Does the original game have the dpad control option? I might buy it at some point... if it lacks that option I suppose I should get used to the default. *shrug*
    (I skipped to this one first because they said it has a better difficulty curve.)

8. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Still enjoying this playing a few levels a day to make it last same as I do with Sneaky Sneaky and the rest is mainly Vainglory and Hearthstone.

I even like the little music tracks to the game and how they change with each area which is a nice touch. Found my first level today where I actually couldn't figure out how to get the special creature...hopefully I'll figure that one out when I'm less tired.

9. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    So for some reason the sound of Bean jumping and basically any sound but the music is stopped... Not sure why.

Edit: I accidentally turned off the sound... WHOOPS.

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Finally got to complete the game, I've just been doing a few levels at a time. Nearly got every level perfect too will just have to go back to try grab a few silver or golds I missed and the odd creature.

Very happy with the purchase and looking forward to more content in the future although after hearing how easy this is compared to the last game in hoping I'll be able to do it!

11. parabola_master

parabola_master Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    How can i reset my progress? I want to beat the game again from the beginning, but the Clear Saved Progress button in Settings is greyed out

12. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Awesome new update!

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah, I just finished the new stages tonight... Great stuff!!

The game is also on sale right now for a buck, so if you don't have it yet, now's a great time to snag it!

14. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Picked up in the sale, only reason I didn't buy at launch was I had the original which I'd hardly touched.
    Finished first world so far and really enjoying it.

15. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #76 Intendro, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    Sale? *looks* The original isn't.
    I got this one already, not the original... I'm a little bit disappointed.

(...I'm just pointing it out and expressing slight disappointment. I hope that's not enough to cause an argument about prices. :eek: Sorry.)

16. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Bought! It's sad that this highly regarded game only has 5 reviews in the iTunes store for the latest version.

17. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    To be fair, the update did just go live a day or so ago... My iTunes reviews usually take 24 hours to show up...

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #79 Exact-Psience, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    Wtf didnt realize this has MFi support. Bought.

EDIT: and i didnt realize twas on sale. o_O

19. jonwilf

jonwilf Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Ok, I didn't enjoy beans quest much, but picked this up due to the overwhelming positive response on here (and the sale!), and have not put it down all day! Going to go back to the original later and see if that now clicks for me!