BEACH RUSH: promo codes giveaway!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by CrowdCafé, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Drenguin

Drenguin Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    There should be a competitive mode and a helping mode, in the competitive mode there are two types of swimmers and one player controls one type and the other controls the other and you try and make a wall of swimmers to block your opponent and try and get your swimmers to your stations. In helpful you both control wind and try to get as many as possible.

2. CrowdCafé

CrowdCafé Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Guys, I have to say that some of your ideas are almost ready to be implemented. Great brainstorming!

Anybody else with another twist on this topic? There is still time to join in and have a chance to win redeem code just for a good idea...

3. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    my only idea is for enemies...maybe a small waterspout that scatters the swimmers or a giant octupus/squid that starts dragging a swimmer off screen until you tap on it several times to make it let go and it zips off screen in a cloud of ink

4. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    I didn't read all the replies, though I know my idea of one person controlling the sharks has been taken (go figure). One other thought I had, though, was a competition to see who can get the most tubers to their shore first. Basically, the people would keep drifting towards the "center", or "out to sea", or whatever you want to call it, and you must try to drive them in towards your beach while the other player is doing the same. While you're doing that you'd have a limited number of items you could toss the opponent's way to make things more difficult for them - sharks, buoys, etc. Then just toss in a time limit and the person with the most beached tubers at the end of the time limit wins.

5. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    One final twist I came up with
    1 player has to deal with the reds
    The other player deals with blues

The yellows are free for alls, meaning both players try to "pot" the yellow and whichever player is the one to get the yellow, gets those points....

Of course, my original idea of 1 player controlling the sharks still rocks in my opinion, but now you have 2 fantastic ideas (from me at least! lol).

6. Moonmist

Moonmist Well-Known Member

May 13, 2009
    at my computer?
    Here is my idea, I don't know if it has been suggested or not because I only skimmed over the other pages.

I would say make there be 2 different colors or types of people (just something to make them look different) and then the two people compete to see who can get the most to the shore.

Your wind would only affect your people but you could in effect stop the other persons people by having yours bump into theirs and send them into sharks or other obstacles and push them away from the beach. It would create a good competetive game that you would have to come up with your own strategies. Using the sharks strategically would be key.

7. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Thanks for the code, CrowdCafé!
    The unfortunate thing is that I still own an iPod 1G, without P2P connection supported. Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade and play multi-player mode when it's released!

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I think that you could have both coop and competitive'

The problem with a split screen is that it is already sort of small , the split screen would be pretty small.

For competitive though - you couldhave the full screen and on the upper right - have the other players score appear, so as you are doing your best to get everyone the other players score is constantly updating - will keep it clean and each player has the ability to see the entire area.

If you want to : you could have a player falling behind be able to use a "special" and have the other player get hit with increased sharks, or wind that controls opposite of what it would normally to give the other player a chance to catch back up again.

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    From Populous: if you go with a scheme that has each player responsible for a certain color, then there's gotta be either an occasional event that flips all the colors temporarily, or an item on the screen that changes the color of a swimmer that touches it...

Thinking about color switching, with a neutral color the event could turn things into a free for all for a short time (color everybody neutral) or shift everybody to rainbow colors so you have to remember mentally what color they were. ;)