Universal Beach Games by Donut Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by copaeci, Sep 10, 2013.

1. lena

lena Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Thanks! That one even works in firefox with html5, which is nice!
    I have no idea how you get these scores and the video only makes it look more amazing (at least if you have played the game).

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Got ya! ;)

3. Klaorman

Klaorman Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Awesome! I've been trying to get the "fabled" 14100 for ages (or, all of what, 2 days? Haha). Gotta try harder now. Did you average over 47 yards? What's your longest toss? Have you gotten to Skill level 16 yet and seen the 49-yard challenge?

4. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I think 2 of my throws were over 47 yards, including a PB of 47.08. My skill level is only at level 6, haha. 49 yards does not seem possible to me...

5. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    I'm officially hooked! Very fun game, had some previous games by Donut Games but now i guess i'll download them all...first i'll climb the leaderboard ;)

6. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Too simple controls and poor gameplay for me, deleted.
    ATM the only Donut games I like are Gold Miner (maybe they just ported it), Action Driver (great with iCade), Bubble Pig.

7. Even on icade?

8. RoundPiplup

RoundPiplup Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Wow my LeaderBoards in the top friends list under each game is empty. Looks like I could only compete worldwide only if that's so.

9. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Have the leaderboards been hacked? Someone has a total high score of 24,000 +, when the next highest is 800 something. Is a score that high even possible?

10. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    yep, as is always the case, the pathetic loosers have arrived at the top of the leaderboards to make it impossible for anyone to get there legitimately. Its ridiculous that there isn't some simple way for devs to remove obvious hacked scores... :rolleyes:

11. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Yes, sometimes it's not enough for me.

12. That is not good. Tried this on icade last night, couldn't figure out to throw.

13. Cowboy.Henk

Cowboy.Henk Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    NL
    Nice game. Compliments DG! I do like that you can see your friends' scores. Great idea!

I would appreciate iCloud synchronization. I play on two devices. So that my hiscores are synchronized between them. For instance cover orange 2 has this feature.

14. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Insta-buy, again I want to remind everyone that 'Bubble Pig' is a fantastic game that everyone needs to buy if they haven't already. So are all the rest of the Donut Games, but... ;)

15. krolis

krolis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    PhD student
    Lausanne, Suisse
    Donut Games, we hate cheaters as you do. And we don't like Game Center because there is no way to eliminate cheaters. Please (x zillion times) add your own top list support to this game, and we fare players will be happy to compete with each other!

16. the fish

the fish Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Vienna
    How can someone have over 100000 at balloon throwing? It's gotta be cheats right? I'm at 14078 and I don't think it's possible to have over 15000. That's just ridiculous!

17. krolis

krolis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    PhD student
    Lausanne, Suisse
    Donut Games, small bug report, v.1.01: Once I've seen how to control the game, I don't need to see hints again. But they appear on every try, the pop-up balloons. Anyone else has it? It wasn't the case in 1.00.

18. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums’ Game of the Week poll
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Beach Games was successfully nominated for inclusion in Touch Arcade forums’ Game of the Week poll. Voting will occur over the next three days at the link below. Developers may not vote for their own game or solicit votes from new users. New user votes will be subject to review.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2971210

19. DonutGames

DonutGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 12, 2009
    Indie Game Developer
    The functionality hasn't changed from v1.00 to v1.01.

The hints should always appear when you change from one game mode to another, just to remind you, a family member or friend that picks up the device and want to browse through the different game modes.
    Plus they're more "sticky" if you haven't played that particular game mode that day.

Once you've played your daily game (got a decent score and "proved" you don't need the hints), and when you play the same game mode over and over, they won't bother you.

But anyway, I still hear your suggestion and we might limit the frequency of the hints further in v1.02 :)

20. RoundPiplup

RoundPiplup Active Member

Sep 3, 2013
    #100 RoundPiplup, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    The LeaderBoard Hackers are "Cheaters"

If I could compete with some of your scores rather than the idiot score hackers, then I would be happy.

These days, why can't these hackers stop ruining things...

Oh come on! This game seems alittle new and now its score has been hacked by "MoneyKi Mi" and "BrumLee"? I wished it never happened.