Universal BE-A Walker (by Tequilabyte/Games Operators)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 7, 2020.

1. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    @metalcasket loool.. safety first brother, safety first... :D

2. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Thanks for the clarity on AppUnwrapper, but any impressions on the game as well? I’m close to biting. I’m on an iphone X so I am not worried about ipad difficulties.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    No impressions on this one, sorry.

4. bx59

bx59 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2016
    Xs Max here, controls are tight, polish & fun is there, I recommend!

5. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Oh bugger.
    Could of swore I read in a thread somewhere here that she was a he. I blame TA and not my own stupidity. :D

metalcasket likes this.
  6. HEiRAVON

HEiRAVON Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Love stumbling onto games like this on release day! What a cool game. The visuals and gameplay are really well executed. $5 well spent!

Two fantastic games today!
    This and Paper Mines!

7. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    I'm not a fan of this game - I don't like game where the definition of "hard" is caused by obtuse controls, not by the inherent gameplay. The buttons are miniscule on a tablet and I'm constantly fighting with them. There's no reason why they needed to be so small, there's tons of empty real estate in the bottom ribbon.

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Hard to judge the game given most the complaints seem to be about iPad controls and I don’t really care about that as I hardly ever use my iPad.

9. ShinHadoukin

ShinHadoukin Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    On an iPhone X this controls beautifully. I like the combination of balancing movement and shooting. It gives a good feeling of controlling a robot that isn’t agile but is deadly if patient and used properly. Production value & voice acting are great. So far, I am a fan.

10. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    This is on sale for £1.99

11. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Had been on the fence with this one but grabbed it with the sale. Very cool so far. Controls take a bit of getting used to but I like it.

ste86uk likes this.
  12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @anthony78 I’ve been pretty unsure too and nearly got it but held off but this week seems quite weak for me other than Slay The Spire so maybe now is a good time to grab it.

13. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#33 Anotherkellydown, Jun 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    When I’m even slightly interested in a game it’s hard to pass up for $2. Grabbed it and will look forward to playing after work.

@ste86uk - I appreciate your thread bumps when a sale hits. :)

Edit: I just tried to start a game but after the Tequilabyte and Go Games splash screens end I just get a black screen. Using an iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 13.6 (beta). Scanning the App Store reviews I see another person also had this issue.

ste86uk likes this.
  14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Anotherkellydown there’s only two reviews on my store and neither mention any issues other than saying it’s hard. Is it with the beta iOS version or the iPhone?

I’m glad you appreciate the bumps I know we have an area for sales but hardly anyone really goes there.

15. Anotherkellydown

Hey man. I just came back here to do a second post edit but I’ll just quote you instead :)

It was in fact due to the iOS beta and Game Center. I noticed there was an issue with GC while trying to check the leaderboards in Slay the Spire so I did the usual workaround and the game started right up. The short version is, every time I get a new iOS update I have to sign out and then back in to Game Center.

Anyway, I finished the tutorial then the first mission and I’m quite impressed with the game! The missions that earn you credits for upgrades are going to be a lot of fun for my taste. The gameplay itself is something I’ve never experienced before either, so that’s cool. The buttons are a bit small for my liking but it’s not a huge deal. Glad there’s an autopilot mode too. Definitely looking forward to putting some serious time into this one, but for now I better get some rest. It’s 5 AM and I’m playing games in bed. Lol

ste86uk likes this.
  16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Just added it to my backlog since I did nearly get it last time. I guess I’d be a fool not to now.

17. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Same here.
    Sometimes I think I get more enjoyment just buying a new game with expectations than playing it and losing those expectations.

In regards to this game that I just installed.
    I was absolutely hopeless with the controls on pc and thought it would be worse on my iPad.
    Well I just installed it and yes, the controls are way too small for an iPad, especially the big iPad Pro. I seem to be constantly accidentally sliding my finger off the tap zone. They really need to be at least twice as big.
    However....
    the option now to have auto walk makes it a whole lot more friendlier.
    I wouldn’t suggest you use auto walk all the time, but I found it extremely useful so far when you are simply walking between battles, so as to not waste your oxygen and energy due to the above mentioned sliding of fingers off the tap zone.

It makes for a far less frustrating experience........ I think o_O

18. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Sadly I got it refunded I didn’t like the controls at all.

19. Anotherkellydown

Yeah, the buttons definitely need to be bigger. I thought I’d get used to it after a while but I’m struggling after several tries. The mission I’m on has you lifting your legs to dodge bolas flung by the natives. It’s really frustrating to keep failing due to the tiny foot buttons. The forward/reverse aiming slider is giving me trouble too. I could see this working really well with a controller using the triggers for walking, face buttons for weapons, and the left stick or d-pad for aiming.

ste86uk likes this.
  20. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @Anotherkellydown yeh it’s pretty frustrating and with so many games to playing I figure why waste my time if I’m not enjoying it.

stubbieoz and Anotherkellydown like this.