iPad Be a Surgeon [ By Ruben Pecellin ]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by sone87, Mar 18, 2012.

1. sone87

sone87 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    I just wanted to comment that Be a Surgeon will be free for a few days. Try it before the offer ends.

2. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Ok so I've been playign this on my ipad... Looks pretty good on 2x, plus it's a fun game.... Reminds me A LOT of Trauma Center....

I could recommend this, but the english is beyond broken...

I can't say my english is perfect... Hell, I don't even live in a country where english is actually spoken(Puerto Rico).

But the english in this game is broken broken broken.

Ex. "the mister smith is injured, multiple laceration on her chest. Their need to operate imediately. The mr smith needs a more does of epinephrin. He said you were very grateful for saving his life"

If the english were to improve, more people on these foruns would be a bit more interested... I know there are many ppl here that dismiss games that are poorly translated.

I work as an English/Spanish translator here in PR, and seeing these mistakes, really made me cringe x_x

Fun game, very similar to Trauma Center, only for 99 cents(free at the time of writing). So if you can look past the translation, you will have fun operating on ppl :)

I'm still looking forward to the ipad version, but i hope the translation improves a bit... There are seriously some dialogue lines that I couldn't for the life of me, understand. X_X

3. sone87

sone87 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    I'm glad you played. I agree with the translation errors. I am a spanish developer and the spanish version is good and I did the english version as secondary. My level of english is low and I thought that in the future I could to pay a translator.

4. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
  5. Hassasin

Hassasin Active Member

Apr 23, 2012
    This looks great fun!!!

6. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    #26 Drexiel, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
    yeah i figured you spoke spanish... translation sounded like one of my friends was talking xD

Anyways, i found the game to be fun, so like i said, im looking forward to the ipad version =]

7. J-zel

J-zel New Member

May 5, 2012
    I'm enjoying the game too. The broken English doesn't bother me at all, I find it cute and humorous.
    I just started and I can't past the point where you're supposed to inject epinephrine. I'd appreciate if anyone could help me with it please.
    Thanks!

8. LeAnne

LeAnne New Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I am extremely disappointed in the Be A Surgeon app, I am a big fan of Trauma Centre so decided to download the game as they are similar. I paid for the app and then discovered that I found it point-blank impossible to get past the fourth operation. This is not due to my ability as I completed Trauma Centre which as a more expensive and well-known game is likely to be the more difficult of the two. I found the timescale within which I had to complete the operation was ridiculous, especially as I could only use the injection 3 times and each injection gave me all of about three seconds. I, and three of my friends have tried numerous times to get past the operation and none of us have suceeded. I have now deleted the game and have found it a waste of my time and money. I would love the opportunity to complain to the company, however this seems to be the only website on the Internet which has heard of them. In future I won't be putting my faith in lesser-known companies.
    Yours sincerely,
    Pissed off.

9. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Hey, where's Daredevil Dave 2? Been a long time! Give up on it? Hope not. Liked the first one! Seems to have dropped off the radar. :(

10. southcrypted

southcrypted New Member

Nov 3, 2012
    crash

every time I push the 'new game' button it crashes? maybe time for update?

Iphone 4s ios6

thnx

11. duxter90

duxter90 Active Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Developer informed that the free version of Be a Surgeon has been updated today and have a new features, including iPad version.

I only wanted to inform this here because this game for me is the best trauma center game for ios and love it but it was broken the last years.