BBS games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sivad, Feb 9, 2015.

1. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    does anyone remember bbs systems, early to mid ninetys... They were a means of communicating and file sharing as a local alternative to AOL or compuserv.

Regardless, they had some text based games that were incredibly fun for the time, mainly cause it made for a multiplayer experience if more than one person was connected. Think of it like a LAN party. The 2 games I wonder about are trade wars 2002 and legend of the red dragon (lord). I'm sure these games are long gone but does anyone know of anything similar on iOS or even web based?

2. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    #2 Shaun Musgrave, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    You can find web-based versions of Red Dragon under the name "Legend of the Green Dragon" around the net (for example, here) and it'll be almost as you remember it, depending on which version/mod you originally played.

As for Tradewars, it looks like you can play a web-based version through one of these sites. I haven't tried it on the web so I can't vouch for its authenticity, though.

3. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Holy crap Shaun, you sir are a magician. I was bored at work and was reading pc world top 100 games and they had trade wars listed at 36 all time, so it sent me for a stroll. I'll check both of these out. Thanks