iPad Battlezone, real-time MMO tank battle game is here!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Noumena, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Noumena

Noumena New Member

Sep 29, 2010
  2. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I played for a bit and my chief complaint is that the graininess of the environments make it really hard to spot the tanks. There were times when I thought I saw a tank and started firing on it to only later realize I was shooting a bush.

3. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    Lol i did the same thing

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member

Isn't that why tanks use camouflage?

5. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    In this case it's more like someone spiked my tank-aid with LSD than that the enemy tanks are well camouflaged.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member

#6 squarezero, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
    Gotcha. I have yet to try the game, but I would expect that tanks wouldn't be popping off the environment.

EDIT: It's not the graininess -- it's the jittery 3D graphics. Not crazy about the controls, either.

7. h0130j03

h0130j03 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I like the controls, my only complaint is the poorly placed ads. i've accidentally pressed an ad after dying more than once.

P.S. If you haven't noticed, you don't need to hold on the left dpad. just tap up to shift the transmission to forward and vice versa if you want to stop or move in reverse. there's a meter of sorts on the left next to the dpad that tells you what motion your in. top being top speed; second from top, moving forward but slower; third, stop; fourth, reverse.

8. zI Veo Iz

zI Veo Iz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    I like this game, alot of fun. Took a screenshot thought I should share it.
    [​IMG]

9. Zgamer

Zgamer Member

Sep 14, 2010
    If you can't see the tanks well, then vice-versa for the opponents, which adds to the fun of this game. But sometimes it gets a bit crazy with all those tanks. Still trying to get used to the controls especially getting a feel with the turret control. Hopefully the developer will come up with more maps but i have to say, a great job for a first version!

10. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    I already shot lots of bushes...:)

11. mosquito60

mosquito60 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    switzerland
    yes.. but would be nice to have the possibility to create and name rooms. And it would be nice to see the names of the players instead of the flag. You don't have a chance to find friends there.