Universal Battlestation: Harbinger (by Bugbyte)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Aug 12, 2015.

1. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Oh snap! This is quite the exploit. I will try my best not to use it to keep the game challenging.

2. AdmiralGeezer

AdmiralGeezer Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    Yes we wonder ourselves as well... We will see today when the official statistics from Apple come up. Hopefully it is not too bad of a rate. Anyway, thank you all so much for supporting us! It really means a lot and it is amazing to know there are still such awesome players out there.

3. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    - Yep! There are bigger ships than three big cannon slots!
    - Locked ships unlock with your experience, once you get to a certain level a certain ship will unlock.
    - The main story is now the same.
    - Nemesis, well it is a bit story related but not too much I think. It is a more experienced Trolgar commander especially hired by the Trolgars to seek you out and destroy you. Also, when you try to kill him there will be a surprise :) All I say is that the longer you let him stay alive, the more his power increases.

4. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    #104 AdmiralGeezer, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Balancing is the hardest part of game development, and the game is meant to be hard all in all. To balance the game we actually need a lot of players playing the game, we are in that stage now :) It's not easy to challenge more hard core players like you and still keep the game balanced enough so that it doesn't become frustrating. This is something we can work on based on your feedback.

5. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Bought!

6. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    What is your device? So far we are aware of the problem on iPad AiR and we will fix it ASAP. It helps if we know which devices are affected. but so far we only know of the iPad Air and iPad Air 2.

7. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Loving the multiple 5 Star reviews from forum members. All of us need to take a moment to rate it accordingly on the App Store, where it really counts. There's a whole bunch of mobile lemmings out there waiting for someone to TOFTT before they buy because of course they are.

8. L0ck

L0ck Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    FTL is far and away my most-played game of the past few years. Been looking for something that scratches that itch but brings something new.

Was gonna wait and see if anyone had any impressions on how much FTL influence there is, but I'm a sucker for friendly, helpful, struggling devs. Gonna buy and find out on my own.

9. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    #109 AdmiralGeezer, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Oh wow thank you commander! This is awesome and it really helps us as you describe. We are working on all the reported issues. We will fix the most critical ones first and try to get updates to the store as soon as possible.

[​IMG]

There is something else I want to show you commanders, 30 minutes ago I launched this:

Battlestation: Humanity's Last Hope Kickstarter
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1190981065/battlestation-humanitys-last-hope-0

If you have bought Harbinger you may choose the Harbinger edition pledges there :) Only if you feel Battlestation: Humanity's Last Hope is something you could see yourself play of course. It is for PC only at the moment.

We are here to make Battlestation something awesome, a game series that bring you a real challenge in the roguelike space category.

10. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Looks fun, premium, dev support, I'm in.

Also because the name BugByte brought back happy memories of Manic Miner.

Yes, I'm that old.

11. DanteOne

DanteOne Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Im in kickstarter with 25$. The Video on kickstarter got me when they boarded the station :)

12. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Much appreciated commander! :)

Attention!

We have submitted an update to Apple App Store, which fixes the star map scroll bug and some other issues. We have requested for an expedited review from Apple regarding this and hopefully they will give us one. So if all things go well this issue should be fixed within a couple of days!

Keep on sharing your ideas regarding the game, and if you have any issues with it. We will take care of them.

13. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

This. I'm so tired of the coffee/candy bar cost argument. There are thousands of premium apps. $4 * 10,000 is a nice car, not a candy bar. I don't buy everything at ANY store that's <$10 just because they were all <$10.

14. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
  15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I've only been able to put in about 30 minutes so far because of the Space Marshals update, but the game seems deeper than it appears on first blush. Spec-ing your modules and weapons correctly seems to be really important, as well as travelling to the right point in each sector to encounter the ships in the right order.

16. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    I'll rate 5 stars.. No, wait, 6 stars! .. When the update hits

17. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Much appreciated commander. I will keep you posted of the update hitting the store :)

18. chombiekay

chombiekay Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    hi. a couple questions. i may have missed this somewhere.

when you click on an enemy ship, there is a hexagon circle around it. like the top one is a circle, one is missiles, completely to the right of it is what seems like "fighter ships?"

i don't get this. what does making them green or red do? i'm really confused by this. i thought it meant like attack with a certain weapon but it seems like my ship auto attacks anyway regardless if it's on or not.

any help would be appreciated.

19. barefootdragon

barefootdragon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    All I can say is BOOSH!!! That is my highest of high (literly) comments. This game is awesome.

20. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Greetings commander! The hexagon circle is your targeting circle. The top circle means focus all turret categories on this ship, it won't focus the fighter squads so you have to still command them separately.

The different sections are for different turret categories: Projectiles, missiles, energy turrets and lasers. By enabling these you are focusing your fleets turrets on the ship. So if you enable the laser section all of your fleets laser turrets will focus that ship, if it is in range. You can then focus all your lasers on one ship and all your projectiles on another for example.

Making them green is focusing. So if you make a certain fighter squadron green that fighter squadron will attack.

Your fleet and fighters auto attack as well but they prioritize your commands, so even if you do not focus anything your fleet and fighters will do as best as they can.