Universal Battlestation: Harbinger (by Bugbyte)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Aug 12, 2015.

1. AdmiralGeezer

AdmiralGeezer Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    So many of you have already stated this that I'm writing this up and we will come up with a way to modify the speed of the ships!

Rock on commanders!

2. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Yes. This crew idea is something we have to look into :)

3. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    This all sounds fantastic. Bought even though I may not have time to play until the weekend.

A suggestion regarding speed; how about instead of speeding up the ships you offer a way for the players to set their game speed? Half speed, normal, 2x and if it isn't Benny Hill fast, 3x (although to be funny, you could always toss in Yakkity Sax as the background music when the player switches to 3x - you may have to license it though).

I hope the sales go great for you all, and look forward to playing it when I have a bit of time.

4. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    #84 skoptic, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    Potential bug?- I can't seem to get to grips with the star map. I'm in iPad Air 2 ...

- Star map doesn't zoom in or out so I can't access top locations (stars go off screen)
    - I can move map down and left until edge of map found .. I can't move map up or right ever.
    - map can maybe move in all directions before right hand overlay appears on screen? Unsure... Comes in quite quick but seems to affect nav.

Anyways... Enjoyed playing for 10mins... But can't progress if I can't select locations to travel to! Doesn't appear to have polish of something like Alien Tribe 2, but that has been developed for along time, so looking forward to seeing where this goes :)

5. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Insta-bought.. Thanks for clarifying MC.. Love how involved the developer is on here.. Take my cash sir ###

6. vhelixv

vhelixv Member

Oct 16, 2014
    There is a bug when selling items straight off the ship. Select the item you no longer want, press the trashbin delete button, the icon goes but you cannot select new turrents. Closing the screen and reopening shows the turrent has not been sold although you get the resources for the sale. Selling by dragging into the cargo hold first works.
    Also getting the same map bug thats been mentioned by previous posters.
    Very good game in general though, welldone.

7. tp015657

tp015657 Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Hello Admiral,

First of all i would like to thank the team at bugbyte for this amazing roguelike space sim as im enjoying every byte of it.

I would like to point out a few things that have been nudging me.

1. The game launched way past the launch of iphone 6 and we are already close to 6s yet the game does not utilize the extra screen estate which is a bummer imo.

2. After starting the game and bringing up the menu, both the (return to main menu) and (restart) buttons lead to the main menu rendering the restart button redundant or bugged.

3. Please make the game remember what ship u chose last time so it doesnt reset to default everytime u generate a new map things like this are basically a matter of quality of life.

4. A save feaure for cases like crashing or having to drop the game due to RL would be a welcome addition if implemented in a way that doesnt ruin the spirit of a roguelike ala FTL.

Thanks again for the amazing game, i hope u guys get more followers to support you.
    Its games like this the community should support instead of dropping cash on gems and whatnot how about supporting a small team that makes addictive brain involving games instead of those mindless ones, its clear a lot of love went into this gem.

Keep it up bugbyte.

8. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Admiral, I'd like to point out that if you had developed a video with more extend gameplay footage instead of the trailers which don't really show all that much, we wouldn't be dependent upon new commanders to show us how it's done. Might not be a bad idea for the old guard to show us pups how it's done and provide a bit of inspiration.

9. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Fast-read all the thread in 5-10 mins. Bought!

10. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Oh shoot that is unfortunate! Do not worry, we are on this and we are going to fix it for you! I have read all of the issues here and we will tackle them right away. Will have to see if we get an expedited review from Apple once they are fixed so that you get to have the update sooner.

11. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Greetings! Thank you for the awesome feedback. We will go over all of these and try to get the most important ones into the next update. About the 6, we did not even know that. We only have two iOS devices, the 4s and a iPad mini. We cannot afford anything else at the moment, hopefully things will change. This is quite challenging for small dev studios when there are so many devices. We are developing for both iOS and Android and Android has just a sickening amount of devices.

We will look into this, hopefully we can get that iPhone 6 soon to test our games on :)

12. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Haha :) Challenge accepted son!

13. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I don't mind the speed of the ships, as they are supposed to be huge star destroyer kind of ships... Not small agile fighters. Suppose the small ships you can hire, if fighter class... Could be fast n agile

14. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    I wonder if all these Gamecenter users in B:H are actual buyers and not just piraters...

15. psychoaktiff

psychoaktiff New Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Ok, I won first and second map on normal difficulty and now in the middle of third, but Guardian, Resolution and Liberator still locked. Also still only three slots for ships in my fleet. There is some story arc, but the gameplay now is little repetitive. From the beginning of the second map I have two drone vessels (Nightengale) equipped with bombers and fighters, nukes and modules that repairs hull and shields. Also my main ship has nuke and plasma from station. Couple of modules maxed. Although enemies gets stronger my ships tears them apart really quick (90% encounters). So my questions are:

- should I expect more slots for even bigger fleet (more than three)?
    - will locked ships unlock with the progression of story?
    - is there story/campaign or are messages from HQ randomly generated?
    - what the heck is Nemesis? :) [if this is story related don't spoil it with answer]

16. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Game has potential but it does not seem balanced, I find missiles far superior to lasers and plasma fighters seem to miss so often.

Unless you lure the enemies and skip some sectors it is just too hard sometimes: is this done on purpose ?

17. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    Not sure what you mean by that but there ARE upgraded versions of the missiles/energy projectiles/lasers/etc that are much more superior than the original versions that you buy because they are upgraded compared to the original,non-upgraded versions,but upgrading a certain stat (except the recharge time) decreases another stat like dmg upgrade=decrease in accuracy,burst upgrade=decrease of overall stats.

I think that difficulty is a good thing since it's a roguelike after all,it is supposed to be somewhat difficult and luring is a pretty smart tactic tbh,but once it almost got me killed.

18. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    It is a rogue like but I find or example FTL fairly well balanced, here it is more omg-stomp-game over-roll a dice balance.

How do you find these upgrades ?

19. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    #99 Kenan2000, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Upgraded versions are dropped from enemy ships and they are randomly scattered across sectors and in order to get them you need to drag them from inventory "space" to the "bag" slot,both of the slots consist of 4 squares.

If you want to put one of your main ship's useless or old guns on your second ship then you need to drag it from the ship to the bag slot,then you put it to the space slot so your second ship can pick it up.

Remember that you CAN upgrade all the parts of your ship with the second currency.

These upgraded versions are more like randomly scattered +1 or +2 enchanted swords in some roguelike but you can still enchant your -2 or 0 sword to make it -1 or +1,get it?

20. digitalmasterc

Feb 14, 2012
    #100 digitalmasterc, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    Expoit

Im digging this game but I found a rather large exploit. Spoiler tags for anyone who doesn't want to be tempted.
    I'll try to explain this as clearly as possible. this requires two ships and to be in a sector map (where all the action happens).
    1. Tap the main ship
    2. Tap and hold on the "open inventory" button
    3. While holding tap on another ship.
    4. Release both fingers at the same time.
    5. This will bring up the inventory screen for the primary ship.
    6. Press the right arrow to cycle to the next ship
    7. this will bring up a buy/sell screen between your two ships
    8. I can then sell the cargo from my secondary ship to my main ship for profit
    9. After the sale I return the items to my secondary ship and repeat indefinitely.
    if you have quick fingers you can do this by just tapping both the inventory button and the second ships at the same time. Here's an image of the buy/sell screen. h*t*t*p://i.imgur.com/hSfO5Qe.png