Universal Battlestation: Harbinger (by Bugbyte)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Aug 12, 2015.

1. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #41 redribbon, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    exactly what im looking for :) thanks dev.

2. AdmiralGeezer

AdmiralGeezer Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
    This game is very far from a click fest! We have made the game from the commander point of view, your fleet and squadrons do the small stuff like shooting. You point where they should go and what they should attack, you also determine how you approach a certain battle situation. Do you jump straight on them or take a more long-range approach?

There is still a lot of depth in the game, because there are a wide variety of ships, turrets and facilites you can build. Different combinations of all of these give you different options during battle. When we combine this with the strategic star map and how you have options there as well the game starts having a nice bit of depth to it!

3. beelzebubble

beelzebubble Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Hey devs!

I'm digging the game. Good work!

Please patch the game so that you can move the galaxy map around more fully when on the screen where you choose to jump to next.

The screen seems to lock at points so that you can't scroll up and see certain branches of the galaxy.

I assume it's a glitch.

Thanks in advance :)

4. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Just a few thoughts on videogate ;)

- This game looks very interesting and I will probably pick up, well done devs
    - I do like to see gameplay footage for new games and will generally wait to see (unless it has a steam / PC version I can watch videos of)
    - Redribbbon has posted a number of videos which have helped me ... thanks, please dont stop :)
    - Anyone who complains about videos beong posted (I believe) should be posting better ones, or not complaining. I'd love a load of YT videos I watch to be better - but at least other people are going to the effort of making them! Kudos!
    - If you spent a year on it and it the marketing is really important - you should really be making a video, preferably with some VO talking about the game! I believe this will really help people decide to buy your app. This should be a no-brainer....

Anyways ...Not trying to offfend anyone, and will enjoy looking into the game more later after work :)

5. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    My advice is to get on Mobcrush. Show off the game. Answer questions. Have some fun showing off your creation. :)

See if you can get with the toucharcade folks or Para_Digm.

http://Mobcrush.com/Para_Digm

6. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Ahh yes it is a glitch for sure! Thanks for reporting this, we are on it! So glad you like the game.

7. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Greetings commander! Yes you are right about us making the video with our own voice over to explain the game. We got caught up in the trailer side of things and never though about this.

By the way, the game is quite hard! Just the way we like it, I truly hope you like that as well. Normal and Hard are not easy to beat. Even beating the easy is a feat. But it will be interesting to hear how you fare, maybe I am wrong and I will be surprised. It is just that I got my behind kicked quite heavily when I played the game myself. Still, almost always it left me with a feeling that I could have done something differently and perhaps gotten further. Hopefully we have succeeded with this in your opinion as well.

8. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Is this an online game only? Not a fan of needing to always be online as I often play games on the airplane without wifi.

9. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    No commander. You do not need internet to play the game, offline as offline can be!

10. Artvarg

Artvarg Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Do you support iCloud? If not you might consider it for an update.
    I'll be downloading it nonetheless ;)

11. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks for clarifying and making it a section not a pop up of your games each time which gets annoying from other games. A dedicated section that we can click if fair and even smart!

12. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    #52 Lohengriehn, Aug 12, 2015
    seems to be my kind of favorite game. premium price, roguelike, space....downloading as I type. Should be ready to play on my device now :)

update: first look: seems to be a nice game. im german. started the game expecting english, but language by default was german. pretty nice. translation seems to be ok. music is nice also. matches and builds tension. i died on level easy by heavy enemy fire after just 4 "turns" (means warps) :)

13. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Not as of yet, but thank you for suggesting! We will look into it and definitely consider it for an update.

14. Dongmaster

Dongmaster Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Like all games on the iPad that looks like a decent non child freemium game, I bought it even if I do not get to play it.

Support premium PC looking games is a must.

Then again, I might actually play it even if my backlog is overflowing.

15. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Instabuy!

But guys,if your entire developer team depends on this game then you should have made it free with unlock because you know that it can be easily pirated,I think that you've seen the Impulse GP thread already.

16. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    #56 skoptic, Aug 12, 2015
    *uck doing research later ... buying now to support a good dev. Like your attitude ;)

edit:bought :)

17. barefootdragon

barefootdragon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    I could not agree more. Well said.

18. barefootdragon

barefootdragon Well-Known Member

May 21, 2015
    I'm in. Admiral Geezer lets blow up the universe!!!

19. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    Oh wow, thank you very much! This really warms our heart.

And to skoptic as well! This is truly awesome of you guys.

20. AdmiralGeezer

Jul 23, 2015
    I'm with you all the way commander! Stay frosty.