Universal Battleship Lonewolf: Space Shooter (By tabasco game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Appreciate that you went to the trouble, but cutting every few seconds doesn't give any sort of impression of gameplay. I'd much prefer to see an entire mission.

2. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    AppStore description says this game is translated to Japanese

but I couldn't find where is that option

3. TrinitiStars

TrinitiStars Well-Known Member

#43 TrinitiStars, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    At the moment, we only provide language translations for the game description and creatives on the store listing.
    [​IMG]

4. TrinitiStars

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #45 Jayg2015, Nov 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
    Really fun game.
    Favorite part for me is the difficulty curve is just right for me.
    It allows me to Learn at a pace that I can understand the game and have fun doing it.
    Upgrades are always fun while collecting currency and this game does it perfect .
    The story and cut scenes are really well done and fun to follow.
    Many hours of gameplay .
    Unlock your weapons and skills then strategize your currency and weapons to beat each level.
    Each ship drops a currency after killed so you will need to use this to build a strategy to complete each level.
    The graphics make everything pop while playing so it's fun to watch a screen full of lasers and ships being destroyed.
    Game is only $2.99 right now and at the price you will get much for this small price.
    The campaign mode is mainly where I spend my gameplay.

6. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    I've disappointed to hear that
    that's no mean if only app's name and description is translated

but it's fun game i'm sure

7. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Already finished the game last night, ok it's a very fun game xD BUT, still need a lot of improvement imo, such as the game length for each stage are really really short, average at 3 minutes top for each stage, i think it should be much longer :) another is there is no difficulty setting, i think the dev should add one xD. On the survival mode, i think destroying the enemy should produce power stone, and another one, when facing boss stage at wave 4 i think the timer should be turn off ? this is the survival mode xD don't get me wrong, i love the game, but still need a lot of improvement and additional content xD

8. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    update...

9. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Suddenly the Dev went silent xD where are you Mr. Dev ? xD Please respon :)

10. TrinitiStars

Thanks for your feedback. Battleship Lonewolf got featured by Apple over 10 countries and we'
    ve been preoccupied with inquiries and updates. We've just done a quick fix update early this week!
    Our intention was to create an intensive combat scene in a short span rather than lingering on.
    We thought about the idea of the difficulty settting in the beginning but decided not to add because we personally don't like them. We'll consider adding them if more users demand it. More update are to come later but will take some time. bear with us as we are a small team. thanks!

11. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Thanks for the reply Mr. Dev xD glad to hear from at last xD

12. TrinitiStars

Hey guys, we've just released an update including
    1. new mission stages
    2. Cloud save feature
    3. 9 localized languages support (French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese)
    Check out the new trailer!

13. zebe

zebe Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 11, 2013
    Redwood City, California
    I picked this up after hearing about it on the TouchArcade podcast. I'm around the beginning of chapter 2 of the campaign and enjoying it so far. I like the artwork, graphics, and effects, and the ship and weapon upgrade cycle, which is the core of the gameplay hook in my opinion, is pretty fun and satisfying. I'm still unlocking some active effects, so it looks like I have more to see. Also looking forward to trying survival mode eventually.

I do agree with what someone said around the beginning of the thread about some of the dialogue and plot being a bit on the cheesy side. I don't really mind that though. This is a $3 iPhone game, not a $30,000,000 sci-fi film, so it's OK if it's not an Oscar-winning screenplay. The character bits in-between provide a nice framework and distraction from the gameplay which is pleasing, especially when you have a tough time beating a level, then it's like a reward. One time I accidentally skipped a cutscene, so I actually played the level again to see what I missed.

To say a bit more about the ship outfitting, it reminds me a bit of EVE Online, if any of you have played that. Your ship has a certain amount of hard points to mount things (this is upgradeable) and for each round you have a certain amount of resources to allocate to turrets to mount there (this is like energy/CPU if you're coming from EVE). After a round, you can use the resources you earned to buy upgrades for your ship and its weapons. One bit of feedback I'd like to provide for the outfitting section prior to a level is that an "undo" or "reset" feature would be nice. More than once I've bought something too expensive, like a launcher, and then not had enough left over to buy even the cheapest guns for my other open slots, due to being sleepy or whatever. It would be nice to be able to start over at that point.

Anyway, game is fun, if you like spaceships and lasers, for $3 with no ads, you can't really go wrong. Between the featuring and the recent update, looks like the devs are sticking with it, too.

14. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    UPDATE !!! nice xD hopefully the timer on survival mode removed xD

15. TrinitiStars

Featured by Apple in Best Update in 16 countries: USA, Canada, Australia, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Israel, Korea... Thank you!

16. BC1377

BC1377 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2016
    Congrats xD

17. GalDrogo

GalDrogo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2017
    ######## dont buy this till they make survival unlocked right from the get go. It's a premium. No modes should be locked except for NewGame+ or something.

18. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    I like the game but the missions are too short. The mission ends before I finish my upgrades and can enjoy my awesome ship.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I got this as it is currently on a 48-hour free run, and i gotta say im quite enjoying it, especially since i ddnt expect it to be this good. Will definitely keep playing this and see how much the game opens up.

Also, i got a bit nostalgic when the UI and overall feel reminded me of one of my favorite iOS originals back then which was Invader Hunter.

20. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    Really nice game, and at the moment for free!##