Universal BattleMage (by Nick Joyner)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Nyxpixel, Nov 19, 2014.

1. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

Hahaha. Even I have a hard time reading my own paragraph. Will take your tips into heart for next time. Thanks

2. Nyxpixel

Nyxpixel Active Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Thanks folks, glad to hear you are enjoying the game! The points brought up will definitely be looked at when an update comes.

This quote made my day:
    "if Zombieville and Battleheart had a baby, it would be Battle Mage."

To be compared to those games, in any capacity, is exciting.

3. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Only had time to play 2 stages, but i already like this game a lot.

Maybe the interface (menu) can get bigger buttons somehow - on iphone it is a little fiddly.

Gameplay seems quite fun, it starts to get quite interesting on stage 2, can't wait to try out the later stages :D

Overall, great game so far (and i looooove upgrading and buying new items) :)

4. Nyxpixel

Nyxpixel Active Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Happy to hear you are enjoying it! I can definitely look in to the size of the interface, which device are you using?

Also, if I could bother everyone to take a quick second and review it in iTunes, it's very helpful! Thanks!

5. Nyxpixel

Nyxpixel Active Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Regarding pricing change

Hey Everyone!

BattleMage has been out for just over a month now, and while I didn't have high expectations at all for the game financially, it really hasn't hit even the lowest of bars to be considered a "worthwhile" effort. While everyone that played the game seemed to really enjoy it, it just never got much momentum.

I'm looking for some input from those that played it, as to what they think would be a fair way to monetize. My initial thoughts were to change the game to free, and give users access to the first few levels, then require a purchase to play the rest (with current owners obviously already having this unlocked). I'm not big on consumable IAP, and didn't balance the game with that in mind, so that path is probably off the table.

Any thoughts or input from the community would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Nick

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    That sounds like a good idea.

7. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I'm sorry to hear about the poor sales, Nick. The monetization you mentioned does sound like a good idea. Glad you chose not to go the F2P route.

Your game looks great and you seem like a cool guy. I'll be picking this up when I get home from work. I honestly hadn't noticed it on the forums until today. Thanks for the videos and impressions everyone.

8. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    yeap, it seems like the best idea for games/ developers who are not brand names already these days... not to mention that games and developers with brand names do it also :p

9. Nyxpixel

Nyxpixel Active Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Thanks for the kind words, and do let me know how you like it (or don't :p )!

Appreciate the input, definitely seems to be the best route to go. Thanks!

10. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Hey m'Lord Nick!

11. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Its free today

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks man.

13. 7lilwhitewolf7

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Mos def Brother!
    He's hinting that another of his creations is in the works. I'm happy for him. He has made a game where as soon as i think i cant make my Mage Battle harder, the upgrades 7 combining gets magical.

14. Nyxpixel

Nyxpixel Active Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Free for a limited time!

Hey There!

As was mentioned, the game is free right now, so go download it! It'll remain free for the rest of today. Enjoy the game, and let me know what you think of it!

Nick

15. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I think the whole thing needs to be speeded up a bit. In my opinion of course.

16. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    I'm downloading now Nick. I'm sorry it took me so long. I sat on the fence about this one but at the time I didn't have the time to throw at it and didn't want to just delete it later. I'll give it a go-go and if it tickles my fancy I'll grab the whole game for sure.

17. Nyxpixel

Nyxpixel Active Member

Apr 19, 2014
    No worries! I'm in the same boat with plenty of back-log games I have yet to play. Good news though, this actually is the full version of the game, I decided to skip the whole IAP unlock for now. Research indicated that it wasn't going to do much for sales. Decided it was better to just set the game to free for a bit, and let some people grab it that probably wouldn't have otherwise.

Anyhow, hope you enjoy it!

18. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Wow thanks Nick! Now I feel bad for not at least letting you buy a burger with my donation ):

19. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Hmm, not rlly sure how this slipped by me unnoticed. Wld have loved to give this a shot. It says it's $1.99 in app AppStore, thot it was free with option to purchase. Oh, well. Maybe I'll pick it up. My backlog of games is towering also any ways. Looks cool as hell tho. Kudos to the dev.

20. Nyxpixel

Nyxpixel Active Member

Apr 19, 2014