Universal BattleLore: Command (by Fantasy Flight Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by codeb0t, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Tutt22

Tutt22 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    I can't believe there isn't more buzz about this game. I'm not very far into the game, but so far, this seems like a top-notch strategy game on the platform. I guess maybe the price is reducing the number of people who take the plunge. They need a front page article from touch arcade.

2. thymegatherion

thymegatherion Active Member

Jul 27, 2014
    Hey, between Swords of Anima and Battlelore which SRPG would you reccomend?

3. Bischi777

Bischi777 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    I didnt like the boardgame but bought the app anyway just to let FF Games know that I want all their friggin boardgames on my ipad :)

4. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    That's easy... BattleLore.

5. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Good idea

6. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    My earlier post...questioning the game mechanics....well, I think I get it now. The segmented turns, the lane system and the command cards do add depth to the game. I'm really starting to like this game. It is unique and very much fun and interesting to play. Very much worth its cost.

7. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    The game is great and would be almost perfect if it wouldn't for the multiplayer, and yes keep that old school essence of board games, is truly unique on its own style

8. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    Needs multiplayer to be a 10

I agree. Add multiplayer and it is a 10. Such a shame not to have this type of game on ipad missing multiplayer.

9. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    This is great but can we now can please get a digital version of Runebound, Descent and Twilight Imperium!!!

10. Bischi777

Bischi777 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Errrmahgerd! Twilight imperium would be so sick!

11. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Does anyone has a link to a quick reference guide or a rulebook? I just tried the game, have to learn a lot about the strategy. It is not an easy game to pick up, these are the games that always turn out to be the best.

12. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

I bought the game based on your realisation here :)
    Reminds me a bit of your game, with the pushbacks mechanic and positioning your units to make the most of that.
    I like the game too. Straight forward but deep... good combo!
    Only done a couple of the campaign missions so far and I can agree it's already worth the price.

13. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    I have faith that the game will future an update with multiplayer :)

14. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    I'm sure everyone here have played Elder Sign Omens.., can anyone tell me which of the 3 expansions are the best ones? Thoughts..

15. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    #55 TokyoDan, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    On Fantasy Flight Games FAQ page:

Can I play online against my friends in another (state, country, etc)?

Currently Battlelore: Command is limited to local Wi-fi only, however we are investigating the possibility of online play to include in a future update.

Also in this video 4min 20sec in the developer says we hope we can finish the multiplayer component. So the way he says it, it sounds to me like it has multiplayer already but it's not quite ready for release before the end of year.

16. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    This is for the board game on which this is based. Probably the closest you'll get without buying the game which has a detailed in-game manual.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/battlelore/BattleLore%202e/support/BT01-rulebook-web.pdf

17. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    My game? You're not referring to The Octagon Theory, are you? If you are, thanks for even mentioning my game with Battelore Command. About the only thing that is anywhere near similar is the pushback mechanic. Games of this calibre make me fell like giving up. I could be developing for three lifetimes and even then I doubt I could attain the ability of the developers who made Battlelore Command.

18. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Yes Octagon Theory ;)
    Don't put yourself down! You had a good original idea and actually made it happen... that's pretty epic as far as achievements go dude!

Sure there are more layers of things happening here, and much more on the art side, but it's the ideas behind it that really matter more and are the harder things to come up with. I know what you mean about feeling like it's beyond what one could make, but it's just a matter of time and determination and anything is possible. I wonder how many people worked on this digital version after the designer (of the board game, Richard Borg) set the rules anyway? Big team I bet!

19. TokyoDan

Oct 7, 2010
    @Baracus Thanks for the kind words.

20. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    I knew! So that means this game will rock n roll , thanks for that info TokyoDan!