Battleheart strategy, tips, & tricks

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Howlix, Feb 3, 2011.

1. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    #61 makitango, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
    Easily with my normal trinkets, but right now when i use eggs, there are like 1-2% hp missing, even with perfect timing. I will try out sth. right now, I will keep you updated.

[Update] Alright, that was quick. And yes, it worked. Having the barbarian replaced by a second rogue who could provide another Expose Weakness phase once (both) Sneak Attacks are ready again. This sums up to be 4 Expose Weakness actions. I'm updating the build right now.

[Update]
    It's included.

2. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    @Makitango

I wonder what modifications would allow inclusion of the cleric. The cleric does have two damage buffs, one of which is very powerful (for 10 seconds). If you include the bard as well, that gives the cleric the ability to boost one character by 110% (I think the as you heal buff is 10%?) for 20 seconds with a constant 10%. I'm wondering about Cleric, Bard, Rogue, Barbarian with the barbarian getting the cleric buff. Probably you would need levels and gear to make it work.

-Random observation. The animation time on the rogue's teleporting attack is pretty long. I'm guessing one could get in *at least* two normal attacks in that time frame, attacks which have the chance to crit. The teleporting feature is handy, but I dont think this attack really adds meaningful dps against a boss when your in stand and fight mode.

3. makitango

Feb 6, 2011
    #63 makitango, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
    Tried it out with a cleric, it doesn't work (I only get to 15-20%). Reasons:
    1. Even if specced Power Infusion and with Vengeful Angel, the cleric can't compete with the bard's Gusto, Song of War and Vivace. Two singe-target dmg buffs and one hell of a group buff from the bard against one powerful single-target dmg buff and one (aoe) dmg skill (which is logically less effective to single targets due to its spread mechanic).

Maybe this works on lvl 40-50 toons.

edit:
    @rogues teleport: The key within the speedkill is how you handle it in the beginning. You need to be quick, have all melees positioned well when the boss spawns (!) and get it started then in the right order. Though very hectically, the reward is promising. So the rogue's Shadowstep is one part of it actually because he or she might be the one you won't need to get in position at all.

@Mika Mobile: Would it be possible to integrate Game Center into Battleheart? Would be quite awesome to somehow connect to the other BH players. :)

@others: GC nicks? :D

4. Narziss

Narziss Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    The best way I've found to power level low characters is with a Bard + Wizard party and two low characters. Basically, I go and beat the Slime boss repeatedly. It is pretty easy to do:

1. Send all your characters to attack the Big Slime.

2. As soon as the Big Slime is about to split up, cast Blizzard on your Wizard.

3. Cast all the buffs and damage dealing attacks on all your characters.

4. Use Song of Inspiration on your Bard to reset all the skills.

5. Cast Blizzard on your Wizard.

6. Cast all the buffs and damage dealing attacks on all your characters.

Now, if the characters you are power leveling are below level 15, the slime will probably get a chance to merge once, but then you can kill it easily.

If the characters you are power leveling are above level 15 and you are good at managing their skills, you should be able to wipe all the little slimes on the first try.

I've gotten good at this and manage to destroy all the little slimes on the first try.

Also, you are going to want to attack the little slimes that are closer to the gathering point before you attack the slimes that are further away from the gathering point. That will save you enough time to kill them all. Also, try to equip as many aoe skills as you can.

5. chefung

chefung New Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Function of bard?

Hello I am new to Battleheart
    I am confused about the usage of bard
    What is it for?

Also, bard or cleric, who do i use?
    using both of them or....either one?
    which is better?

Thanks a lot

6. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    See once all your guys are 20+ you grind the golem until 25... then what...?

7. tanapon

tanapon New Member

Feb 6, 2011
    #67 tanapon, Feb 7, 2011
    They're both healers. Cleric is a more focused healer on one person(most likely your tank), while Bard is better at healing the whole party, imo. When you drag a Bard to party members, instead of healing like cleric, he buff that person with his stats.

You can use both of them, but when you get near the end of the game, using either one is probably better as you'll need more damage dealers in your party, so you should probably choose only one healer for each fight. I prefer bard though for better damage output.

My main party is..

Bard buffing on Rouge.
    Rouge as main damage dealer and tank
    Two wizards casting Blizzard and other crowd control spells and teleporting around.

The other one is...

Cleric focused healing on Knight.
    Knight as a tank using War Cry skill as crowd control.
    Any combination of damage dealers for the rest of the party members

8. Narziss

Nov 28, 2009
    #68 Narziss, Feb 7, 2011
    Honestly, Slime is so fast that I did it up to 40 in no time (wearing exp trinkets).

40+ I did Golem because I could kill it in about a minute (wearing exp trinkets).

50+ I'm doing the final boss because I can kill it without it getting a chance to summon minions (wearing -6sec cd trinkets).

My main party is Monk/Bard/Rogue/Cleric. All my characters are wearing two -6sec cd trinkets. So that means that the Bard and Cleric can spam their buffs on the Monk, the Rogue can spam his debuff and his attacks, and the Monk can annihilate with his super-buffed attacks.

9. BootyJuggs

BootyJuggs Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Arena Loot

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but you can get more than one "spoil" from a single Arena, just finished a sloppy 164 on Brightstone and got both:

Robe of the Master (monk): 43 def

Sanctuary (cleric): 58 atk

I don't know if these are tier 8 or 9, but neither is purchaseable or possible to upgrade to.

Current party is:

Monk (main tank)
    Cleric (focused on monk)
    Bard (focused on monk)
    Wizard (cc and dps)

10. makitango

Feb 6, 2011
    #70 makitango, Feb 7, 2011
    Can you post a screenie? Never happened to me with even more kills. :<

edit: we need a wiki and a theorycraftings site! :D

11. BootyJuggs

BootyJuggs Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Arena Loot

Haven't been able to recreate it yet, but the "spoils screen" comes up like normal with the coins and the icon of the first loot below it like normal and then the coins and "spoils" text disappear and another loot icon (in this case the Sanctuary staff for cleric) replaced the first loot icon. Check inventory afterwards and both were there.

12. Spocket

Spocket Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Any tips for beating the slime boss?

13. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Attack it until it breaks up, then concentrate all your attacks on one of the little slimes. Once you have killed a little slime, move on to the next one. Don't worry, the little slimes don't heal when it reforms, so if you can only partly damage one you can finsih it off later.

14. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    This is a ridiculously rare bug, but its something we found and fixed a couple days ago. You should only get one item from an arena battle.

15. Spocket

Spocket Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    Thanks got him.

16. Omega2227

Omega2227 Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Definite bug found that is really only a problem for boss battles.
    In the little aftermath after killing one of them, i.e the final boss or the golem, you can still use your characters skills, and they still work. This only poses a problem when you accidentally click an ability like the rogue's shadow strike and then the boss disappears and he has nothing to hit. Caused my game to freeze up when I did it to the golem by accident, and it happened again against the final boss when he teleported away and called in the skeletons. It seems to be a quick fix, based off of my experience with java and assuming that whatever you programmed this in isn't too different should just be a true/false argument as to wether the enemy you targeted still exists.

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #77 ArtNJ, Feb 7, 2011
    Not claiming this was my idea, others have suggested it, but I will add a +1 to the idea of 2 wizards + healer (used bard, but cleric should work)+ tank (I use Shepphard, but monk might work too). Using books you can keep freeze up full time, and the healer wears speed boots so running isnt a problem.

Its a pretty easy way to get a really big score in arenas. Its not super fast -- wizard DPS is a lot lower than rogue or barbarian -- but it will get you to tier 9 without any sweat. So far my high is 98, but I know its possible to go a lot higher if you can keep the tank alive.

The tank is actually not too necessary, and I'm wondering about subbing in the witch. I got another 20 points after the tank died.

In fact, with epic gear on the 39 wizard I might have done much better...I was down to wizard and bard, but the wizard just couldnt quite kill a healer by himself. Apart from that, it was suprisingly easy to stay alive with just those 2 toons. They cleared 2 full waves by themselves.

18. makitango

Feb 6, 2011
    #78 makitango, Feb 7, 2011
    Complete high-end loot list

[Update] Corrected Bard's armor type and some ugly typo ^.^

Trinket list by Dazarath

T8 (campaign/end boss/arenas; 115>= @Brightstone, 50>= @Doomvale) and T9 (arenas; 140>= @Brightstone, 70>= @Doomvale) armor and weapons (T8 is incomplete because I was only steamrolling T9 items. If anyone still has T8 items which are missing here, tell me. :) ):

Knight

AR
    T8 = Valiant Plate | 39 armor
    T9 = Aegis of the Lost City | 45 armor

WPN
    T8 = Holy Blade of M'ir | 40 power
    T9 = Obsidian Soulcrusher | 45 power

Monk

AR
    T8 = ?
    T9 = Robe of the Master | 43 armor

WPN
    T8 = ?
    T9 = Taizu's Hand of Justice | 48 power

Cloth armor
    T8 = Truth-Seeker's Wrap | 22 armor
    T9 = Mantle of the Immortal | 27 armor

Cleric

AR = cloth
    WPN
    T8 = Beacon of the Heavens | 52 power
    T9 = Sanctuary | 58 power

Wizard/Witch

AR = cloth
    WPN
    T8 = Pillar of the Venom Lord | 57 power
    T9 = Ivory Staff of the Archmage | 64 power

Leather armor
    T8 = Assasin's Garb | 29 armor
    T9 = Battlegear of the Blademaster | 34 armor

Bard

AR = leather
    WPN
    T8 = Angel Hair | 32 power
    T9 = The Spirit of Battle | 39 power

Rogue

AR = leather
    WPN
    T8 = Frozen Doomspike | 52 power
    T9 = Vardus, the Reaper | 58 power

Barbarian

AR = leather
    WPN
    T8 = ?
    T9 = Armageddon Blades | 60 power

19. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    I'm hoping to see higher % items. 30% exp.... 20% crit chance... etc. 20% cast/attack speed...

20. Narziss

Nov 28, 2009
    @makitango - isn't bard a leather user?