Battleheart strategy, tips, & tricks

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Howlix, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Warbles

Warbles New Member

Mar 14, 2011
    @Haruno
    170-ish is pretty impressive. I'm only managing 110s at the moment.
    Totally agree with the Rogue flurry+ninja glove x2 - envenomed blade comes into play much more often. Plus, rogue gets heaps more strikes with moving targets (e.g. bats) because of faster attack speed.

How do ppl feel about phasing lodestone vs choker of red feast? Personally think that at 70+ in Arena 3, lifestealing isn't that efficient because mobs are doing such huge damage that even 60% lifesteal with chokers x2 isn't worth it. Much better to have enemies miss 40% of the time methinks.

2. KellokzYumYum

KellokzYumYum Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Yes, lodestones are a must.... For Knights at least, but as far as i know, Monks scale much more with Red Feast because of the higher dmg output which turns into more life stolen.
    From around 130 on, it's nearly impossible to really tank stuff like ogres or skeleton warriors without shield wall and cleric shield up, so you pretty much just hit them once, pray you don't get hit twice and run circles around the map...

With two ~lvl 40 low armour casters in my group, going beyond 150 simply depends on not getting more than 2-3 archers at the same time. :/

3. TheTempestKing

Mar 12, 2011
    With regard to lodestones versus chokers- I think that for speed runs to 70 having chokers on your DPS isn't too bad of an idea at all but if you're going for kills lodestones are a better idea. I run Knight/Rogue (w/ 2 chokers)/Bard/Cleric for my speed runs and have both the cleric and bard focus on the knight. The Rogue is pretty much on archer/bat/healer duty and for that chokers seem to work fine.

Also, knowing MikaMobile reads this thread...any chance that you're considering arena leaderboards on GameCenter? :D

4. Gekkonidae

Gekkonidae Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Does the difficulty level of the arenas adjust to a certain extent to the level of your party? My guys are now in their very low 40s and it's been just as tough for me to get to 70 kills than when they were in their mid 30s. OR -- it's ok if you tell me that I just suck! ahaha

5. Nefretta

Nefretta Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Right behind you...
    You should be playing arena 2 with 140 kills, it's much easier. No the level does not affect the difficulty.

6. Warbles

Warbles New Member

Mar 14, 2011
    I guess you need to consider if you're picking the right team and packing the right items for each member. And if your tactics for each wave type are established enough that what you do is automatic when they appear. Although I do admit that I still freak out with the 5 archer wave - they just rape your casters with 1-2 volleys of focus fire if your crowd control isn't good enough.

If Mika is still reading, I do feel that new challenges are needed soon. Apart from trying to get more Arena 3 kills, there isn't much else to do.

Please bring out more new content, Mika!!!
    New levels/creatures/items. Multiplayer. Anything to challenge a higher level team. :)

7. fizzwinkus

fizzwinkus New Member

Mar 21, 2011
    i've been harvesting from the third arena and was wondering if you guys had any tips for my set. i'm using the healer with double cool downs, a tank with the same, and both rogues with double 30% life drain. they're all about level 43. i can get to 70+ unless i miss a beat and someone goes down, by constantly kiting the tank. (not very good at these games)

the healer splashes health, auto heals herself, and has that vengeful protective dome.
    the tank is using revenge and war cry.

is there another combination or trinkets or powers that might do better?

8. firefly

firefly Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    I love this game but have to admit that I am not good at it. It's an amazing app so I tried hard to be professional though it's difficult for me. I have never played this type of game before so I want to ask for some help. Could anyone tell me which four characters can be the best team?

9. KellokzYumYum

KellokzYumYum Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Most players go along with 2x Ninja Gloves for their Rogues combined with Flurry which results in a 45% faster attack speed -> more Envenomed Blades procs -> more overall control.
    I personally prefer Cleric over Bard in higher levels (from around 100 upwards) where you have to avoid as much damage as possible with shield / angel etc.
    Healers usually use 2 Books of Jabe for more group heals Knight goes with 2 Lodestones.

When you go for highscores, try to pick up as much CC (crowd control) as possible. Paralytic Knife for Rogues, Intimidate for Knights, Horror for Witches, Time Stop for Wizards and so on...
    In high levels, most casters (including Bard / Cleric) can be killed in 3 or less shots by units like archers so you want to lock them down until you have the situation under control.

10. kingston123

kingston123 New Member

Mar 21, 2011
    Kijiji Toronto

i always like to read some good and informative
    blogs and this blog is also so good and helpful.
    thanks for taking time to discus this topic..

11. klcc08

klcc08 New Member

Feb 24, 2011
    I am a iPad player from Hong Kong.
    I bought this game and played for long time.

Hope to get more and more updated soon!
    Thanks!!!

12. dkay807

dkay807 New Member

Mar 23, 2011
    I just played through the game with:

Black Knight (currently 30)
    Cleric (currently 33)
    Male Wizard (currently 31)
    Barbarian (currently 30)

I'm able to get to 70 - 90 in Doomvale fairly consistently. I've only spent a few hours one evening playing, but I've tried it five or six times. While I could likely get more, I usually end up losing my patience after 70 and stop kiting things with the knight so that I can see what the item drop is.

I'd say my DPS is fairly average, but the party has a lot of control. The wizard knocks down with his meteor, his conflagrate has a nice control element, the knight has his fear power, and my barbarian's leap attack knocks everything around him prone - it enables me to control the field pretty well.

On the 6 archer spawns, I generally switch my healing to my mage, conflagrate a skeleton with the mage and meteor another to knock it down, and send me barbarian to leap into another to knock it and anything around it down and go full auto with frenzy/enrage/etc. I then turn on the wizard's damage/immunity aura, and DPS them down one at a time while they're all recovering. That's worked pretty well so far.

Have people noted major changes as your level increases? If all my toons are in the mid 40's, is it likely that I'll find the arena much easier/faster?

13. mikkel1977

mikkel1977 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    For myself, I find that the following works best for me:
    1) Boss Fight: Tank Knight (L81), Rogue (62), any other 2 char for damage. Barbarians should be highest I theory, but for myself they re not as Hugh level as compared to my others (50ish both). But in terms of damage, they should be highest.
    2) Arena Fight: Tank, Rogue, Bard and Witch. Tank attract all, rogue and witch do damage. Boost armor will not work beyond wave 70 so tank needs to start moving around the screen. Witch Fear when need CC.

Btw anyone reached level 100? My highest is 81, grinding boss fight doesn't help much even with 2 eggs (800+ per round for tank) and 50+ hrs of gameplay...

14. mikkel1977

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Agree with earlier posts too that the following works best:
    1) Rogue: Expose Weakness + Fluffy + Ninja gloves. Shadowstep and Lethality for Boss fight, if not Paralytic knife for Arena (cc).
    2) Knight: Shield Bash for extra attack in boss fight. Lodestones is best.

15. mikkel1977

Mar 5, 2009
    Deserted Temple
    Anyone can kill the lich before his 1st AOE lightning? My highest (Knight 81, rogue 62,witch 62 and Bard 79) cannot do it. If you can, can share your party composition? Thanks!

16. fillie

fillie Active Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Yes I've done so. 2xrogue (52) monk (53) bard (54) all using eyes. Needed chain of 2 songs of inspiration with couple of other procs.

17. rexjak

rexjak New Member

May 29, 2009
    Unintentional Retreat!! Argh!

Does this happen to anybody else? I sometimes teleport my wizard to the upper right corner to get him out of harm's way, and when I attempt to aim his attack to a monster in the middle of the field, I touch "Pause" by mistake, and my swipe towards the middle of the field ends up touching "Retreat". I watch in agony as my team scurries off the field.

This has happened to me a dozen times.

Mika, please add an "Are you sure?" popup before retreating!

18. cfalls

cfalls New Member

Mar 30, 2011
    cooldown trinkets

The consensus view seems to be that 15% for no cooldown is better than -6 seconds on cooldowns. I don't (yet) follow the logic.

A spell with a 30 second cooldown can be cast every 18 seconds with 2x -6 seconds, or, on average, every 21 or so seconds with 2x 15% for no cooldown. These numbers are pretty close, so I would think we'd give the nod to -6 seconds, since some spells are useless if cast twice in a row quickly.

For 60 second cooldowns, I can see the counter argument, but there are 20 second spells to balance that out, so for witches and wizards I've been using codex of jabe (as opposed to cursed eyeballs).

Am I missing something?

19. fillie

fillie Active Member

Feb 4, 2010
    It is mainly down to personal preference between Codex/Eye.

Codex allows for a steady increase in skill usage - ideal for long fights like bosses.

Eye can provide burst in tricky situations therefore can be extremely useful for arenas when an extra crowd control or defensive cooldown is either life or death. Problem though is the luck of the dice. Once in a while you may gain hot streak or nothing at all.

20. cfalls

cfalls New Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Thanks fillie. That makes sense.

I've been using cleric/wizard/witch (6x codex) and knight (2x lodestone). The micro isn't complex, but there is a lot of it -- pretty much frantic clicking all the time for near-continuous CC (horror, intimidate, war cry, etc). In the doomville arena I get to about 110 kills and then archers focus one the casters and things fall apart while I eek out another 10 or so.

It sounds like most on this board would recommend more DPS, swapping either wizard or witch for a rogue or barbarian. Maybe I'll give that a shot, but it seems like there's no way a melee unit could take the archers down fast enough. It feels more like I need better micro on the CC so they don't get shots off. But I've never really tried -- all my melee DPS toons are at level 4 or less -- so I'm probably wrong.

Anti-archer advice?