Battleheart strategy, tips, & tricks

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Howlix, Feb 3, 2011.

1. itouch227

itouch227 Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Maybe I am not a good game player, I feel so frustrated when I was playing this game. It’s difficult for me to control several people at the same time. As the enemies increase, the situation becomes even worse. I do like the game. It’s well designed and great to play with. So I want to look for some help and this thread helps a lot. I will try your precious experience. Btw, there is one more thing make me annoying: when the characters get more, it’s hard to drag the role you want. They are overlapping. Do you have the same trouble??

2. adorinellen

adorinellen Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Los Blancos
    The Cleric is more useful than the Bard from my experience.

3. adorinellen

adorinellen Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Los Blancos
    I met the same nasty during the early days playing this game. You need to practice more. After several battles, you'll get used.

4. zamearts

zamearts Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2010
    I usually protected the girl, since she can support the boy go on fighting. A crucial point is keep the girl from being attacked. Once there comes a monster, i just use the boy to aim at it asap. this could prevent the monster biting the girl.
    and if the boy's blood runing out, i just drag him around to recover the blood.
    you can try these.

5. hotspringfan

hotspringfan Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    It really workes to me. Finally defeat that big pig!

6. terencefish

terencefish Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    I am stuck in the level 5 with a pig in which. Just can't beat it. :mad:

7. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Read couple of the posts above yours - they are all about the same level. All you have to do is replay the earlier levels a few times to level up your characters up a bit [acquire new skills, upgrade a few weapons], and you should be good to go. Remember to bring along the Cleric and heal your tank - the character that will be your primary attacker. Also, make sure you run away from the bombs. Rinse and repeat.

8. mxu

mxu Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Not trying to sound cocky or anything but I beat the pig the first time I fought him. I think I had a cleric, monk, pirate, and wizard. That's also the party I used to beat the game but I'm not sure if I had the pirate or wizard at the pig. What I did was tank him with the monk, cleric heals the monk, and the rest of the party is just dps. When the goblins come in while the pig goes rampaging, I use my group heal spell when necessary and my monk took one side while the pirate took the other, the wizard doing dps too. Then the pig stops and this repeats. Oh yeah, always use your spells, especially the pirates frenzy, helps kill the pig.
    hope this helps. and btw i had trouble with every other boss, especially the giant slime.

9. Infamous Butcher

Infamous Butcher Active Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Hmm... I was wondering witch is best: knight/bard/cleric/rouge or knight/monk/cleric/rouge. I can't figure out the better of these two.
    Anyone mind to give me a hint?

10. mutisync

mutisync New Member

Feb 27, 2011
    why two healers? i made it through the whole game with knight/bard/mage/rogue and had little trouble completing the game around level 26 or so.

11. Ashraam

Ashraam Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    France
    Maybe because two healers are in the same time two buffers.

The monk (or the knight) becomes a killing machine thanks to bard/priest buffs, and you can complete the team with a witch for all the crowd control habilities...

12. Infamous Butcher

Infamous Butcher Active Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Hmm... Dual healing works great actualy. My strategy is to heal my tank, and do damage with the shield break/attack with everything and then remove the cooldown with the bard. Tank for 60 sec and then attack, remove the cooldown and attack again. Group heal between the offence rush.

13. Nefretta

Nefretta Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Right behind you...
    The best lineup is healer (witch is a healer), wizard (preferred over the witch), tank, and non-tank unit that does a lot of damage (mage, rougue, or barb).

The healer heals the tank. If there are too many enemies use war cry or wind walk on your tank. The enemies all chase your tank. The tank runs away while the other two attack. Wizard is preferred over the witch in normal situations, because he can teleport. If you are playing stuff like bosses you can substitute for the witch.

I use Feung, Robin, Lucille, and Bromswell.

14. TheTempestKing

Mar 12, 2011
    #334 TheTempestKing, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
    My primary party is:

Knight (+30% life drain, +10 armor)
    Shield Wall, Cleave, Chivalry, War Cry, Crippling Blows, Blitz, Fortress

Cleric (+30% casting speed)
    Group Heal, Power Infusion, Discipline, Guardian Angel, Empowering Words, Favored Soul, Binding Soul

Bard (rapid health regen x2)
    Song of Renewal, Song of Sanctuary, Stoicism, Song of Inspiration, Enduring Hope, Prestissimo, Vivace

Wizard (+15% casting speed, +30% life drain)
    Meteor, Blizzard, Impact, Conflagerate, Mage Armor, Teleport, Flaming Meteor

Used this throughout the story with no major problems. Furthermore, I can get to 70 kills and beyond in Doomvale very easily with this party even though they're all between 30 and 33. I'll probably make this party much more focused on offense once I get to a higher level and thus have better stats but for now focusing on defense is working well.

At the onset of a wave, I pop Shield Wall and Cleave (on the nearest enemy), use War Cry (refreshes both), then kill everything with the knight (cleric will pop power infusion if needed) as the wizard takes out stragglers (stalling them becomes pretty easy with both Blizzard and Conflagerate). Bard will use Song of Sanctuary for the defense bonus if a bunch of archers spawn. The bard and cleric are always focused on the knight. Health really isn't an issue for anyone else thanks to the trinkets unless slimes are involved, in which case I drop everything and focus on them. My knight can tank up to two slimes (shield wall is almost always up) but even so it usually helps to kite for a bit as the wizard softens them up.

...aaaaand that's pretty much it. Considering replacing my wizard with a witch but I need to get her to a higher level first. May also replace wizard with ranger once that update comes out depending on what the damage output/skills look like.

Oh, and an alternate party I'm playing around with for laughs involves a knight, barbarian, rogue, and bard. Knight (with +60% life drain) triggers war cry (again, shield wall with max uptime until my defense is high enough to get away with revenge), barbarian (one rapid health regen to be safe) teams up with knight to kill everything, rogue (30% life drain, +10 armor) mops up stragglers, and bard is constantly healing thanks to -12s cooldown and the beauty that is Echo of Renewal. With these trinkets, Song of Renewal can be used every 8 seconds and with Song of Vigor for the downtime there's constant healing going on. Untested in arena (levels aren't high enough yet) but it's doing well in everything else.

EDIT: Changed Impact to Enveloping Flames, doubt it will change much but I'm guessing it'll make CC a bit easier. Also, currently leveling my second wizard to try out the double blizzard strategy...I don't see it being a very fast arena method but it should be a fairly safe one.

15. Warbles

Warbles New Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Hi all. In typical geek fashion, I've been tracking the frequency of each T9 drop. So far:

Obs Soulcrusher - 1
    Vardus Reaper - 2
    Ivory Staff of A/Mage - 3
    Sanctuary - 4
    Taizu HoJ - 2
    Armagg Blades - 4
    Spirit of Battle - 1

Aegis of LC - 2
    Mantle of Immort - 1

As you can see, I'm finding the T9 armours much rarer than the weapons - only 3 of 20 drops were armour!
    Is everyone having the same experience?
    And Mika, is this simply because there's only 3 armour types as opposed to 7 weapon types? Cos I want the Battlegear of the BM, dammit!!!

16. Hyuga

Hyuga Member

Mar 3, 2011
    seems my observation as well... might be because there are more weapons. would be nice to have one arena drop armor and the other weapons.

or maybe a token system...

17. laz0rbeamz

laz0rbeamz New Member

Mar 15, 2011
    I've also kept track of my T9-Drops:

3 Obsidian Soulcrusher
    1 Ivory Staff of the Archmage
    3 Mantle of the Immortal
    1 Armageddon Blades
    3 The Spirit of Battle
    1 Battlegear of the Blademaster
    1 Sanctuary

9 Weapons, 4 Armors.

18. KellokzYumYum

KellokzYumYum Member

Mar 14, 2011
    I've been testing some comps to deal with those nasty archers in doomsvale beyond ~100 recently because i felt so frustrated about my highscore attempts being blown up after minutes of climbing the killcounter.
    Generally speaking, i believe that classes without any remarkable crowd control abilities or strong defensive cooldowns are not able to stand a chance against archers or loads of bats that are immune to melee taunt.

In my opinion, the cleric is the only viable healer if you plan to play with one healer because the bard's abilities are not strong enough to heal away split damage in higher levels.

So i was thinking of a comp that combines good survivability with a decent amount of crowd control and dmg output and found these comps to be the strongest:

2xKnight/Bard/Cleric: This was not originally my own idea, but the possibility of ultra long fear chains and the main dmg coming from revenge is ridiculous and make the comp very playable but archers are still a pain in the neck. Even if you try to perma-fear them, you probably won't do enough dmg to kill them before you run out of cooldowns because feared archers can't shoot into your shield wall -> no dmg from revenge.
    Furthermore, feared enemies generally run faster than you which causes your knights to hit less frequently than usually -> even lower dmg.
    So if you're lucky with archers you can reach high levels and you won't have to do that much for it... JUST CHAIN DEM SHIELD WALLS!!11 :D

From my point of view, another top comp is Knight/Cleric/Rogue/Witch which is the one i personally consider the best because it has the best balance between dmg and CC. Having a Rogue specced into Expose Weakness/Flurry/Paralytic Knife combines very high dmg (+dmgboost for your witch) with a decent amount of CC thanks to 2x Ninja Gloves (-> 45% haste bonus) granting you infinite stun procs plus Paralytic Knife to lock down archers or bats attacking low armour targets.

A Witch with zonewide horror/random fear/support heal AND dmg debuff is simply a beast to help you overcome waves of heavy split dmg (such as archers!) by disabling multiple targets at the same time if done properly.

All in all, this comp requires more micro management than the first option but provides an amazing amount of control by every single party member (15 sec immunity / Knight-fear etc etc etc...) and more focused and coordinated dmg.

I was actually able to reach a 163 score in Doomsvale with this comp so let me know if you're doing well with it :)

19. Haruno

Haruno New Member

Mar 16, 2011
    O_O me reached the 170-ish kill mark in doomsville with this team

Sheperd level 53 118 attack 123 def
    Obsidian Soulcrusher
    Aegis of the Lost City
    Phasing Lodestone x2
    Shield wall => Cleave =>Chivalry =>Shield Rush => Crippling Blows => Blitz => Fortress

Basically it's your standard tanking sheperd who takes minimum damage and stalls the hell out of the arena. Cleave and crippling blow stack which help reduce the amount of damage you take which is ridiculously important especially past 100 mark.

Feung level 52 116 attack 121 def
    Gloves of the Long Death (fist of taiju hate me T_T)
    Robe of the master
    Choker of the Red Feast x2
    Wind Walk => Evasion => Tiger Claw => 1000 palms => Dragon Style => Counter => Sweep the leg

I know it's recommended to have one of the three ranged units instead of two tanks but feung survives fairly well even without the buffs as long as he doesnt get swarmed.

Gustav level 54 138 attack 96 def
    Vardus The Reaper
    Battlegear of the Blademaster
    Ninja Glovex2
    Sneak attack => Expose Weakness => Flurry => Shadowstep => Combat tactics => Envenomed Blades => Lethality

The main reason why i prefer the ninja glove and flurry route over critical strikes and tiger tooth is simply you attack nearly twice as fast as you normally do and more attacks = more chances of envenomed blades activating and the damage is pretty much on par (disregarding crits from shadowstep/sneak attack) he tends to be the main target of the buffs.

Edwardo level 46 97 attack 86 def
    The Spirit of Battle
    Battlegear of the Blademaster (yes i have two :D)
    Book of Jabe x2
    Song of renewal => Song of Vigor => Stoicism => Song of War => Healing Chords => Pretissimo => Echo of Renewal

I constantly buff only the rogue and spam the songs as needed :O he tends to be on the top or bottom in the middle-ish part of the screen unless there are slimes targetting him in which he runs like hell.

This is the setup i use which i find effective since wind walk/cleave/envenomed blade essentially cripple everything pretty much the only thing that can kill you are slimes :X

20. KellokzYumYum

KellokzYumYum Member

Mar 14, 2011
    #340 KellokzYumYum, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    Tbh i never really worked with a Monk because i personally don't like the style and maybe i should....the dmg taken by a lvl 39 witch / 41 cleric is really sick though i wouldn't replace them either :X

Is the monk's dmg comparable to a "pure" DPS?