Battleheart strategy, tips, & tricks

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Howlix, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Nefretta

Nefretta Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Right behind you...
    I think if you use meteor and them conflagrate, the meteor's buff gets replaced by conflagrate

2. Nefretta

Nefretta Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Right behind you...
    Special weapons and super special weapons

As you should know, you have to beat the last boss, get 50+ on the third arena, get 115+ on the second arena to get special weapons. But what are super special weapons?

You have to get 70+ points on the third arena to get super special weapons. If you want a weapon for a wizard or witch, and you get 57 points on the third arena, you might wish for a Pillar of Venom Lord, but if you get 74 points, you will want an Ivory Staff of the Archmage. I know of no other way to get super special weapons but if you find out please post it. I don't play the second arena so if you get one from there please post what your score was. I got 66 points on the third arena and my little brother got 72; I got a Beacon of the Heavens, and he got a Sanctuary. Beacon of the Heavens is 6 Power better than Rod of Singing Sapphires and Santuary is 6 power better than the Beacon of the Heavens. The cutoff may be anywhere between 66 and 72 but most likely 70 because it's a landmark number.

3. userfume

userfume Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    Are there any tips for killing the slime things? Just because try seem really tricky not to get killed by

4. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    The red ones, green ones, or the boss?

5. userfume

Nov 29, 2010
    The green ones in the 2nd map

6. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    The green ones are the most fundamental slimes, so if you're having trouble, I'd suggest getting your characters stronger in previous levels.

If you really want to beat it with your current team, I'd suggest moving in your strongest ranged attacker, and have your tank lure the slime across the map while your ranger is continually attacking it.

7. userfume

Nov 29, 2010
    Cool thanks I'll try that

Also, another topic, what do bards actually do? Are they worth it? Do they give the other people strength or something?

8. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I know this question has been asked and answered, and I've browsed through a bunch of pages but can't seem to find it. So...

Do special abilities stack? Specifically, if I use the bard's group heal over time spell and then the 25% power booster one, are both spells working concurrently? Or do I negate the first spell when I use the second?

Thanks in advance for any info.

9. Nefretta

Nefretta Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Right behind you...
    The slimes chase ONE person, and only 1 person, let's say the slime is chasing person #1, so person #2 and 3 attack the slime and person #1 runs away. If you do this everyone will be unscathed. The tricky part is finding out who it's chasing.

10. Nefretta

Nefretta Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Right behind you...
    Special Armor

You all know about special weapons, and now super special weapons, but now special armor?

I have just got Battlegear of the Blademaster! It appears to drop in arena 3, with a score of 70+. Battlegear of the Blademaster is 5 armor points better than Assasin's Garb.

What's next? Super special armor?

11. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Yeah, there are exclusive weapons, armors, and trinkets classified as "Tier 8" or "Tier 9" that can only be obtained from Arenas or the final boss.

12. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    @Guise - all special abilities stack unless they're identical abilities. So 2 conflagrates wouldn't stack, but a conflagrate, a poisoned dagger, a barbarian bleed and a plague cloud would all stack together. Same goes for beneficial abilities - re-casting shield wall on a knight twice back to back simply refreshes the duration instead of stacking, but a shield wall + a cleric shield + a bard's defensive song would all combine.

13. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Just making sure, the LV30 skill for the Wizard isn't considered a conflagrate right, because even though it ignites the enemy, the effects are different?

14. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Correct.

15. userfume

Nov 29, 2010
    Ok guys I really need help with the slime boss. Please

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Thanks for the reply! And congratulations on Game of the Week and the chart climb. I'm a relative RPG neophyte and Battleheart is just right for me in terms of balance between action, strategy, and management. Thanks again.

17. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    To defeat the boss, you must defeat all the slimes it splits into.

To accomplish this, I'd recommend having a wizard and a monk for this boss. For the wizard, make sure you actively use the ice spell that slows everyone down, while using the AoE meteor when the slimes are relatively close to each other. For the monk, make sure you use his slash ability that lets him hit multiple targets, and also use his blue icon skill thingy when slimes are relatively close. If you have further skills, by all means, use them!

Basically, all the action happens when the slime splits up. When it's one being, just make sure you're character that is getting attacked is being healed, and make sure none of your characters are standing in those green blobs on the floor (they damage your units).

18. Nefretta

Nefretta Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Right behind you...
    READ MY GUIDE ON PAGE 23. IT IS THE BEST WAY TO BEAT THE SLIME BOSS. Please.

19. Atropos626

Atropos626 Member

Feb 27, 2011
    I've done 136 kills in the 3rd arena with my group of : The Black Knight, Rogue, Bard, Cleric.

Cleric and Bard is specced for fast recast of skills
    BK/Rogue is specced with attack speed and life steal.

20. Nefretta

Nefretta Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Right behind you...
    I wish I could use your lineup, but my bard is lvl 7, my black knight is lvl 6, my rogue is lvl 37, and my cleric is lvl 50.