Battleheart strategy, tips, & tricks

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Howlix, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Nefretta

Nefretta Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Right behind you...
    #221 Nefretta, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
    More bosses

The slime boss.

You will need Shepherd, Baelrosh, Lucille, and Wynter. They should be at least level 15. Shepherd has Shield Wall, Cleave, and Shield Rush. Baelrosh has Enrage, Whirlwind, and Savage Pounce. Lucille has Group Heal, Shield, and Vengeful Angel. Wynter has Drain Life, Plague, and Horror.

Lucille heals Shepherd: the tank. Baelrosh attacks in the back. Wynter attacks from the bottom left hand corner. Lucille stands in the top left hand corner. When the boss is about to blow up and split into normal but harmless green slime, move Lucille just below the center of the screen. Make Lucille use Vengeful Angel. The small green slimes do not attack you. They just run to the middle. When they are all almost at the middle, make Wynter use Horror. This will make them run in random directions. This should all be done while Shepherd and Baelrosh are using area attacks. When the green slimes join together, the boss will be much easier to kill, it's health is the equivalent of all the small green slimes altogether. If you kill some small green slimes, the boss's health will decrease by the health of how much slimes you killed altogether.

You should farm the slime boss for EXP

The golem boss

You need a lvl 25 wizard, and Lucille. The other two doesn't matter, as long as they do melee, they are gonna get killed anyway.

Use the two melee guys and try to bring down the golem's HP by as much as you can. It doesn't matter if they get killed. You can use Lucille and try to keep them alive, but it doesn't matter. If they get killed, move Lucille to the top left hand corner. Teleport the wizard to the top right hand corner and attack the golem. If the golem gets close enough to hit the wizard teleport him to the bottom right. If the golem get close, teleport to the bottom left. Keep going in that triangle and you should be unscathed. The tricky part about this is if the golem runs really fast and ambushes Lucille. You will have to use the wizard to fish him away. To do this make the wizard have more armor than Lucille. Teleport near the golem and he should be chasing you again.

I don't think this is the best way to do it, but it worked very well for me.

Attached Files:

2. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    The golem boss isn't that hard. In fact, it's one of the easiest bosses there is.

All you need is a cleric, a wizard, another wizard/witch/high DPS, and a tank. Equip your tank with evasion/DEF- basically make him as unkillable as you can. Then, simply attack the golem with everyone, keep healing/buffing the tank and no one else but the tank, and when the Golem turns red and becomes very slow in movement, have the tank run away while your other 2 characters continue attacking. Just keep repeating this until you kill it. No one should even come close to dying.

3. Atterg

Atterg New Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Great game.

4. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Great post.

5. Atterg

Atterg New Member

Feb 24, 2011
    How would you suggest I pass along game ideas/comments too large for the forum? Attach file?

6. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    What the hell? You writing an encyclopedia on Battleheart or something? Cause normally it's more than easy to fit what you need to say into one post here.

7. Nefretta

Nefretta Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Right behind you...
    #227 Nefretta, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
    It is pretty easy now that I have everyone at least level 40, but it stumped me when I first unlocked it. Every boss stumped me except the spider.

I don't have the update and the golem never chases my tank.

P.S. It's February break here, no school, I beat battleheart in about 10 days

8. RhoOphuichi

RhoOphuichi New Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Are there differences between the other characters as well? That is, how is Shepherd different from The Black Knight?

9. exomega255

exomega255 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2011
    if we are just talking about "beating the last boss", I have done it with a lvl 20 party.

10. Captain Cirion

Captain Cirion New Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Some ideas for the developers...

I wanted to share some ideas about possible updates to this game!
    I love it this much i took the time to write it down! :p

il put them in as "attachment" for the readabily of the forum, if this post is not fitting, ill delete it, plz just tell me if its bad in this topic.

View attachment Ideas for Battleheart.txt

So im new here and actually at doomvale, its kinda hard with a 21+ group, my monk/wiz/rogue/cleric group mostly wins with one or two deaths on my side...
    but i mostly play it when im on my way home so...micro isnt realy possible! :p
    Does anyone know the radius of the clerics aoe heal? and does the hot stack with this...thsi would be brilliant passive combi!^^

11. Azarjan

Azarjan New Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Best Class?

What is the strongest party set up in battleheart, i've finished the game and have full T7 on every character. i beat the game with Wizard monk Knight and Cleric setup and that worked fine. But when i go to the arenas i cant get past anything but 20-30.
    I've tried using bard instead of monk but none of that ever works. anybody got any ideas?

12. RhoOphuichi

RhoOphuichi New Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Do characters have a base crit chance?

13. tjtoed

tjtoed Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2008
    I farm the 2nd arena with Bard, Cleric, Witch, and either monk or knight. Have only not gotten to 140 kills once and then I accidentally hit pause and retreat.

I just buff the witch with bard and cleric heals the tank.

For the fist 70 to 80 kills I pretty much don't have to do anything. Then it gets tough and to kill the healers and trolls and slime, I have to use 1000 palms and witch fireball stuff.

Grant it, I only started farming after all these guys were over level 30.

14. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Hmm, you might be doing something wrong then. The golem boss was extremely easy even when my characters were in their low 20s.

15. Nefretta

Nefretta Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Right behind you...
    I probably was doing something wrong. Before I figured out the teleporting trick, all my guys died before the boss even passed half health. Now that all my guys are level 50, I can kill him without any of my guys passing half health.

16. Nefretta

Nefretta Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Right behind you...
    Every party should have a tank (balanced armor and power melee unit), a barbarian or a rogue, a wizard or a witch, and a healer; unless under special conditions. The three tanks are Feung the monk, Shepherd the knight, and the Black Knight.

17. Swingfinger

Swingfinger New Member

Feb 25, 2011
    I'm already halfway through Doomvale and my characters are like level 18 average....

18. fillie

fillie Active Member

Feb 4, 2010
    #238 fillie, Feb 25, 2011
    While waiting for mika for next update, I've been levelling out my toons to around same level. All over 40 least, but what got me thinking was how maximise farming of last boss without using either healer so my other characters can catch up level wise.

Done few wynder combos like full caster group (edit: with bard tho using him as a buff machine: sanctuary/gusto/inspiration/hope/vivance). Damage is random and spread quite evenly and wynder's drain is enough to restore most of the time. Add +eyes for multiple procs or codex helps greatly. Only issue is dps is bit slow - sometimes need till almost 2nd add phase before killing him off.

Wynder/monk/2x rogue - speed is a lot faster tho still need 1 add phase and before 2nd mega blast before dead. Damage is bit risker with melee and proper timing on evasion with drain to top monk. Well timed debilitate in-between evasion or drain helps.

Wynder/2barbarian/rogue - with new threat mechanic, unable to juggle boss between 2 barbarians so had to be extra careful. Ended up juggling melee in and out to spread dmg around. Unlucky meteor would sometimes hit same area x2 then bam lost one or 2 units. Kinda pot luck trying this group.

Finally decided to bench wynder and got fast farming group without healer (even wynder out). Went with monk/barbarian/2xrogues - able to kill last boss no deaths before adds :). Talents choose all dps - including reckless blow :p. Tho monk had to use evasion (also s far as I am aware Kai blast only knockdown, but no dmg). Key to this seemingly suicidal combo is all thanks to choker of red feast!! (2x30% leech) even enraged reckless blow was healed by to about 90% hp instantly :p other details like using 1000palm to self heal monk when evasion on cd, actually windwalk/evasion/1000palm used to boost selfhealing without need to juggle melee.

Not using healer or egg each character misses out around 200xp but swapping out for other dps still brings about same xp gain anyway.

Anyone else been experimenting?

19. Nefretta

Nefretta Active Member

Feb 23, 2011
    Right behind you...
    #239 Nefretta, Feb 25, 2011
    You are farming for EXP? Do you already have the awesome weapons that you can't buy? Sorry if I misunderstood. If you want what I recognize as the best possible way to beat the last boss, look on page 22. If you do it right, you should have no deaths even without trinkets.

Brag: I got 1 Gloves of the Long Death from the last boss; 1 Gloves of the Long Death, 2 Echoes of Love Lost, 1 Frozen Doomspike from the arena. My brother got 1 Hammers of Underkings and 1 Pillar of Venom Lord from the last boss.

20. xsrike

xsrike New Member

Mar 12, 2010
    I have a question thats been in my head for a while.
    Does wizard's conflagrate dot and flaming meteor dot stack?
    Also what about 2chain flaming meteor