Battleheart Legacy: Tips & Strategies

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, May 27, 2014.

1. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Just racked up 218 in the arena using this build:

Weapon: Feung's Legacy (ultimate fist weapon)

Armor: Mor'Doth Doomplate (44 defense with no passives boosting def., 5% life drain, +5 weapon power)

Items: 2x Azamoth's Cursed Eyeball

Skills:

Active: Empty Body, Ki Blast (Monk), Frenzy (Barbarian), Spirit Trance (Monk), Smoke Bomb (Ninja), Savage Pounce (Barbarian), 1,000 Palms (Monk), Victory Banner (Knight).

Passive: Coup de Grace (Rogue), Grit (Knight), Adrenaline Rush (Barbarian), Lethality (Ninja), Thundering Blows (Monk), Concussion (Monk).

Stats: (Level 58)

STR: 48
    DEX: 46
    INT: 8
    SKL: 50
    END: 44
    CHA: 5

My main strategy was using Savage Pounce to close in on teleporting healers, and then 1,000 palming them and ki blasting them if need be to kill them quickly.

For crowds, combining smoke bomb to draw in the ranged attackers, plus Empty Body along with the dodge buff from the smoke, was great for controlling the flow of battle-- combine that with planting a victory banner to boost crit chance and damage, and all it takes is one ki blast to almost completely annihilate a crowd.

The Eyes help to be able to keep up smoke bombs and empty body as well as spirit trance more often than not, which is key on the higher waves. Same goes for Frenzy. I usually don't have to use a potion unless I get swarmed by multiple healers at once working in conjunction to ruin my day.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Do you have Automove and Autotarget activated in the menu? That should help.
    Other than that, you either need to stick it out, or use skills that let you close the range quickly, like the Monk's Karmakick.

And got a question of my own:
    The Capital Smith says that he cannot make any better weapons (lvl22 now) and that he heard something about "sapient metal" from up Northwest.
    Does anyone know where to find that?

3. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    What's the best way to get good weapons/armors/accessories in this game? Are there good places to farm or is it generally better to save up gold and buy from the shop?

And what are good locations to farm gold?

4. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    These are already up on wiki but useful to have them here as well.

Wizard Active Skills

Chain Lightning - Strikes target with a bolt of lightning, which then proceeds to jump to nearby targets, dealing less damage with each jump.
    8 sec cooldown

Meteor - Calls down a meteor from the heavens, blasting your target ad nearby foes with heavy fire damage.
    15 sec cooldown

Blizzard - Deploys a vortex of frost towards your target. Any enemies caught in the storm take damage and move at reduced speed.
    16 sec cooldown

Teleport - Once activated, your next 5 movement commands cause you to instantly teleport to your destination.
    18 sec cooldown

Conflagrate - Consumes your target in fire, dealing damage over time and sending them into a panic for 8 seconds.
    20 sec cooldown

Thunderbolt - Your body explodes with an electric shockwave, dealing damage to nearby enemies and knocking them down briefly.
    20 sec cooldown

Glacial Spike - Launches a spear of ice at your target. Any enemies between you and your target also take damage as the spike forces through them.
    25 sec cooldown

Time Stop - A space-time rift renders all enemies frozen and helpless for 5 seconds.
    40 sec cooldown

Wizard Passive Skills

Staff Master - Allows you to wield magical staves.

Wild Magic - Increases critical strike chance with all spells by 10%

Elementalist - Increases your fire, frost and lightning damage by 10%.

Mass Destruction - Increases the damage of all area of effect attacks and spells by 10%.

Student of the Mind - Increases your cooldown recovery speed by 15%.

5. explosive

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    #105 explosive, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
    Witch Active Skills

Drain Life - Deals unholy damage to your current target, and heals you for the damage dealt
    15 sec cooldown

Plague - Your target is consumed in noxious fumes, poisoning targets near them for 10 sec.
    18 sec cooldown

Blood Magic - Sacrifice 20% of your own health to imbue your next special attack with dark power, increasing it's damage by 20% and critical chance by 100%.
    1 sec cooldown

Debilitate - Cripples your target's offensive power by 75% for 5 seconds.
    25 sec cooldown

Hex - Turn your target into a toad for 6 seconds. While transformed, they are helpless and take 25% additional damage.
    30 sec cooldown

Horror - All nearby foes are terrified, paralyzed or instantly struck dead. The severity of the effect is increased the closer the victim is.
    25 sec cooldown

Tornado - Deploys a vortex of frost towards your target. Any enemies caught in the storm take damage and move at reduced speed.
    15 sec cooldown

Calamity - Unleashes a powerful blast of entropic energy which deals massive unholy damage to your current target.
    24 sec cooldown

Witch Passive Skills

Lasting Affliction - Increases the duration of negative effects you apply by 2 seconds.

Dark Arts - Increases your poison and unholy damage by 10%.

Toxic Affinity - Reduces damage taken from poison and unholy effects by 25%.

Shadow Infusion - You regenerate an additional 2 health every second.

Life Leech - Causes all of your attacks to heal you for 5% of the damage done.

6. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Got a sick 356 streak in the Arena. Listing the build now.

Actives:
    Soul Mass
    Slay Living
    Aegis
    Radiance
    Smoke Bomb
    Horror
    Mass Hysteria
    Teleport (might get replaced)

Passives:
    Aura of Disease
    Impending Doom
    Life Leech
    Adrenaline Rush
    Shield Training (might get replaced)
    Word of Retribution

Strategy: All these skills create a very powerful synergy, and they all trigger each other practically all by themselves. Soul Mass is kinda the go-to skill, both useful for a slight aoe or target damage - it always covers both. Also, it is split up into 4 projectiles, each one able to crit, triggering Impending Doom and thus reducing the cooldowns. I have not seen it particularly, but Aura of Disease may also crit and trigger Impending Doom. Life Leech is triggered by literally anything, Disease Aura, auto attacks and skills - but also by Slay Living. When you have, let's say, a Mummy or a tanky target, it practically heals you to full hp since the kill is converted into a critical hit, displaying all the damage caused. And since it's a crit, it once again triggers Impending doom.
    I cannot see the difference, I believe it's permanently on - Word of Retribution. Every heal causes the character to get a 20% damage buff - sadly it doesn't stack. I hope life steal is considered as healing, otherwise I may have to replace that one.
    Now the Aegis: Since it absorbs 5x the spell damage, it really creates a problem with running around in melee/shield gear. I will probably have to adjust the gear to be spell damage-heavy, getting rid of the shield/melee stuff if survivability does not decrease.
    Radiance pretty much clears the whole field with a strong cc, allowing yourself to reposition, heal (life leech just made you heal yourself for a bulk of hp) and thanks to neat buffs, it even dealt a crapload of damage.
    Now a small combo: Horror, Smoke Bomb and Mass Hysteria. I practically juggle these three skills, trying to have a 100% uptime of a permanent disable which also makes them kill themselves for me. Smoke Bomb/Aegis is a safety mechanism, allowing yourself to breath between the cycles. An additional important note: Every monster killed by Mass Hysteria causes Adrenaline Rush, so you don't have to get the killing blow.

As you can see, this build combines a sick perma selfheal triggered by burst and passive damage and kills, a lot of control over the battlefield and monsters, the unbeaten killing strike "Kill Living" and passive skills which activate each other by simply existing.

I hope someone can beat this score, maybe with a totally different spec. I really like to see what else is possible.

7. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Wow! Nicely done!

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Impressive feat, Makitango!
    Could you also list the equipment you used and your level and stats, so the build imformation is complete?

And I would like to know which class gives the Aegis and Radiance skills.

9. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    I am still trying to tweak the build, but as equipment goes:
    Witherstrike
    Draconic Bulwark (lmao, a golden item sold by the merchant)
    -> maybe switching to a powerful staff, if Aegis gets so powerful that I can lose some armor

Robes of the Shadowmancer (hopefully there is a paladin chest out there with some spell power for Aegis)
    Trinkets are atm just Mystery Egg (my level is 62 thanks to that and a neat way to powerlevel (just kill the ore boss, you get levels incredibly fast)

Stats are:
    str 35, dex 39, int 43, skl 35, end 25, cha 33, the rest is tmi. It's safe to say that I have all classes unlocked by 95 %, seems like just 4 or 5 skills left in total.

I may try to do a video in the near future after I have everything I want, of course! :D

10. Aroris

Aroris New Member

May 30, 2014
    Has anyone else not gotten the Battlemage to show up? I found him in the quest and asked him to teach me, etc, but I've done around 20 encounters all over the map and have yet to see him again. Do you have to have a stat at a certain level or something?

11. Crooked Paul

Crooked Paul New Member

Jul 18, 2012
    "Find Barbarian" quest NPC in Capital Academy, not Tavern

Hey, thanks for compiling all this info. Very useful.

Slight correction: The NPC who talks about Ox the Barbarian is in the Academy in the Capital, not at the Tavern.

12. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    I miss clicked in the beginning when I met the ninja girl and chose to help the guards. Anyways to rectify that, do I get another chance?

I would hate rerolling at lvl 14, but I really want the ninja skill.

13. karaoke

karaoke Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Nope, you'll have to reroll, but at level 14, you may just want to finish the game and pick up the ninja in your New Game+

14. explosive

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    #114 explosive, May 30, 2014
    Last edited: May 31, 2014
    Necromancer Active Skills

Raise Skeleton - Manifest a skeleton warrior for 10 sec from the multiple remains of enemies. You can have multiple skeletons up to a maximum of 5.
    1 sec cooldown

Wandering Plague - Applies an everlasting poison to your target. When this target dies, the plague can transfer to other nearby foes.
    30 sec cooldown

Summon Mummy - Conjures a powerful mummy, which is highly durable and deals heavy damage.
    15 sec cooldown

Corpse Explosion - Up to 3 nearby corpses explode violently, dealing fire damage to their still living allies.
    10 sec cooldown

Dark Harvest - Destroy a nearby corpse and consume it's life energy, healing you.
    10 sec cooldown

Mass Hysteria - Your target and all surrounding enemies are consumed by madness, attacking each other for 6 seconds.
    30 sec cooldown

Soul Mass - Generates a cloud of malevolent spirits which seek out and explode upon the nearest enemy, dealing unholy damage.
    12 sec cooldown

Slay Living - Attempts to instantly destroy your target. If the effect fails, the target instead takes minor unholy damage. Ineffective on some enemies.
    15 sec cooldown

Necromancer Passive Skills

Tainted Blood - Increases your resistance to both holy and unholy damage by 25%.

Withering - Increases the critical strike chance of all periodic damage effects by 10%.

Army of Doom - Increases the health and duration of your summoned minions by 50%.

Cursed Knowledge - Increases the damage you deal to undead creatures and constructs by 15%.

Aura of Disease - You are surrounded with a cloud of infection which deals poison damage to all nearby enemies.

15. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark

Dammit. Aah well yes of course, I forgot about NG+ I'll do that, thanks. :)

16. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Thanks - fixed.

17. 2000best

2000best New Member

May 31, 2014
    Help for blacksmith

Hello everyone. I need help in this game. My blacksmith stopped making new stuff and said something about having better tools so he can make more stuff? So yea. Can he go make more new stuff or he's done with all the equipment? Help is appreciated!! Thx:D:D

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    You can find what he needs in a dungeon in the North(west) part of the map.

19. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Any good wizard/witch skills, both active and passive as well as gears?

20. Dimir

Dimir Active Member

May 29, 2014
    Ya, I have done 512. I could go on forever though.

Skills: Premed, Song of Inspiration, Blood Magic, Radiance + Anything
    Passive: Crit Damage, Spell Crit Damage + Anything

Premed > Song > Blood > Radiance 1 shot every wave up to 10, 2 shot every wave up to 20, so on, so on.

You knock people down forever so you never get hit and you do about 2-3k to everything on screen every 2 seconds.

You literally stand still and cast those 4 skills back to back forever. You can add in damage skills if you want (Warrior Standard, Paladin etc) but it doesnt really matter.