Battleheart Legacy: Tips & Strategies

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, May 27, 2014.

1. BigBadB

BigBadB Member

May 30, 2014
    Yes - Crit Effect increases how much damage a Crit does.

2. js615

js615 Member

May 29, 2014
    What do these require in stats?

3. spsummer

spsummer Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Quick question, in regards to the 1st Paladin kill that requires a mele weapon. Does a sword count as a mele weapon in this game? Thanks.

4. DanRiverBrew

DanRiverBrew Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2013
    yes/no. the monk glove item puts gloves in both hands, similar to the way a 2H weapon or staff does, but you see an empty slot in your equipment menu. so if you are wearing gloves there is no reason to use the 'dual wield' passive (similar to colossal weapon and dual wield don't work together)
    the best way to pause is to hit the button on the top of your phone to to turn your phone off. you can't unequip items, you have to equip another item (there is no limit to what you can hold, so feel free to hold onto stuff
    any melee weapon works. so as long as you have something in that slow you can use that skill

5. Fragbate

Fragbate Member

May 30, 2014
    Money?

Any tips on how to make money near the beginning of the game? I feel like I'm just getting destroyed a lot because I'm leveling fairly quickly, but making almost no money and can't afford skills or equipment.

Any suggestions?

6. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    1. Make sure to pick up dropped gold (looks like glowing orbs)
    2. Sell equipment you don't need
    3. Do not die - when you die you lose money

7. Fragbate

Fragbate Member

May 30, 2014
    1. I've definitely been picking up gold, but at my level, it's only like 4-5 gold. Feel like I need a LOT of kills to get 1 piece of early gear or a skill. BTW, do the glowing orbs disappear after a short time? (Do I need to grab them during the fight, or can I clean up after everybody is dead?)

2. I'll definitely start doing that. I played the original Battleheart and had been hording drops under the assumption I would need to gear other characters too. Oops!

3. Are you sure about this? Because it definitely doesn't mention it when you die, and somebody in another thread said dying in the arena has no penalty. Is that just the arena though?

Thanks!

8. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Absolutely sure. Just the arena has no penalty, if you die elsewhere you lose gold.

The orbs are persistent and can be picked up when the room is clear, as far as I've seen.

9. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    From my quick calculations the death penalty seems to be 20% gold.

I didn't realize this either and I decimated my gold pile by being careless, lol.

10. makitango

makitango Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Wow, Kill Living is rocking the Arena. If it procs, instant kill, and you also see what damage it caused in the process. I already hit for 15k. Got 260 kills in the arena so far, thanks to literally 100% uptime of crowd control, thanks to mass hysteria, horror and a mix of really neat killing moves.

11. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Can anyone tell me what the last skill is for wizard?

12. Blizzard500

Blizzard500 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    There are a few stages in the beginning where there's a treasure chest within the first 3 screens or something. Take the treasure and sell it. Enter stage again, rinse and repeat, and you should have lots of gold.

13. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Yes, great place early in the game is Gloomy Path in the Gobwood, just south of the starting town (level 2 up).
    There is gold and the treasure chest always drops an item.

14. lidralyn

lidralyn Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Formatting sucks but I'm too lazy to adjust it. This is all of the skills for Bard if it has not been updated yet. Name of skill, Gold Cost, Active/Passive, Stats in order of Dex, Cha, then when a 3rd stat is needed it is Int, Cooldown Time, Requirements, then the skill effect.

Charm 50 Active 8 30 sec - Charms an enemy, forcing them to fight for you for 10 seconds.
    Lucky 75 Passive 6 9 - - Increases all gold aquired by 25%.
    Thrust 100 Active 8 10 10 Piercing Melee Weapon Deals 3.5 weapon damage, and against stunned or helpless enemies always deals a critical strike.
    Song of War 125 Active 9 12 45 sec - Increases all damage done, and reduces all damage taken by 15% for 20 seconds.
    Quick Study 150 Passive 10 15 - - Increases all XP aquired by 10%.
    Song of Vigor 175 Active 11 18 45 sec - A soothing tune which slowly heals your wounds over 20 seconds.
    Disarm 200 Active 13 20 25 sec Melee Weapon Renders your enemy unarmed for 15 seconds, forcing them to fight with their fists.
    Favored Soul 225 Passive 15 22 - - Increases the duration of positive status effects by 25%.
    Sly Wink 250 Passive 16 7 24 - - Increases the damage dealth by charmed foes by 50% while under your influence.
    Riposte 275 Active 19 7 26 15 sec Melee Weapon Enter a stance which deflects and counters next melee attack against you.
    Lullaby 300 Active 20 8 30 30 sec - Instanly puts all nearby enemies to sleep for 10 seconds. Any damage will wake them, however.
    Generalist 325 Passive 21 10 33 - - Reduces the stat requirements for equiping items or learning skills by 30%.
    Song of Inspiration 250 Active 22 12 37 45 sec - Instantly resets the cooldown of all of your other skills.

15. l0wbat

l0wbat Member

May 30, 2014
    Im stuck at level 16, cant finish these two quests.

Somebody know what to do?

See pictures for destination.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. js615

js615 Member

May 29, 2014
    Time stop! 5s freeze bad guys, 60s cooldown. It's not a no-brainer though... it stacks really poorly with other stun effects.

17. Werebite870

Werebite870 Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Thanks, I guess Ill stop at the passive just before it then

18. js615

js615 Member

May 29, 2014
    @l0wbat:

castle: it's possible the castle quest is bugged for you. There's not really heaps of questing from here until the end of the game.

mage tower: there's a "lecturer" in the back room, go talk to him.

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Bard's Song of Inspiration seems too OP, especially when used with other class skills... Like Barb's invulnerability for instance. Barb's invulnerability saves him from the final boss's charged blast btw.

20. jcmeyer5

jcmeyer5 Member

Oct 2, 2010
    Having issue with the knockback for the knight's Cleave attack... ranged guys eat me alive if I cant close the distance back to them... and clicking just close enough can get difficult. How you guys coping with it?