Battleheart Legacy: Tips & Strategies

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, May 27, 2014.

1. kingant

kingant Member

Feb 15, 2014
    If I want to go the barbarian route...which skill set should I start out with in the beginning? Sorry I want it to be perfect to transfer once I unlock the class

2. Giddypinata

Giddypinata New Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Just got this game, went rogue and enjoying it so far. A few quick questions, seeing the depth of customization in this game:
    Is there an optimum route in regards to skills/stats to take that's generally considered the best?
    Is it possible to screw up by mis allocating stats/skills early on? I've researched how to unlock all the various classes, so as far as that goes I think I'm good.
    Is it possible to obtain all skills and go NG+ no matter what route you take? I've heard some people say you have to go pure bard in the beginning to achieve that, wondering if I haven't already messed up somewhere by investing so deeply into the rogue class.

3. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Bard makes it easier to get all skills because of Generalist, but I went the Witch/wiz/necro route and then just went up more in Bard after I beat the final boss. I found it still good to dabble in some other classes as I went along though (before the end.). The only thing I couldn't get was Monk skills. Somehow I did something with the teacher dialog to make that class unavailable.

4. Giddypinata

Giddypinata New Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Alright, good to know! I just mastered the Ninja, seems pointless to travel farther up the Rogue skill tree seeing how useless the rest of the skills are. At this point, by strength is slightly higher than my dex (23 to 21), where should I go from here? start working on charisma, level up the bard?

5. luvfoxy

luvfoxy Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Just got to level 11 on my character (just started playing)...Wow! It seems quite hard to get thru monster now, and sorry didnt read the whole thread, a couple of things I noticed:

1) Is there any way we can check what's our current quest? Am lost at the moment and not sure where to go...
    2) The gold currency seems too low and I cant get any upgrades, is this another grinding game where you grind and grind for more gold?
    3) The health potion - maximum only 5? What happens if I used up all 5?
    4) Can I reset the skills? I only got to know this thread after playing till level 10, guess my skills are all messed up or should I just start a new character.

Any good advice for a new starter like me? Thx

6. Battlehard

Battlehard New Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Hi, seems like you're new to this game, huh... I'll answer those questions for you:
    1) There's currently no way to check our current quests. They're working on that.
    2) There are many ways to keep your gold high:
    - Sell useless things in your inventory
    - GRIND GRIND GRIND Buy some accessories (Thief Gloves, Bandit's Satchel) to increase your gold income
    - Do NOT die, you'll lose 20% of your current gold
    3) Did you even listen to the tutorial? EVERY TIME YOU LEAVE AN AREA, YOUR POTS WILL AUTOMATICALLY FILL UP TO 5.
    4) You can't reset the skills you know. Time for a new character!

7. luvfoxy

luvfoxy Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Ok got ya, yea am new to this game.

3) Did you even listen to the tutorial? EVERY TIME YOU LEAVE AN AREA, YOUR POTS WILL AUTOMATICALLY FILL UP TO 5.

The area here that you said, is it the whole area or partly section in 1 area? I know if you leave the area lets say Goblin Hovel, then the health potion will replenish but what I mean is when you are still in Goblin Hovel, you used up all the potions, is there a way we can replenish it or we have to leave the area and have to start the battle all over again? I haven't test it out yet.

8. Battlehard

Battlehard New Member

Jul 17, 2014
    The 'area' I said means a partly section, or you could say that WHENEVER YOU WARP BACK TO WORLD MAP, YOUR POTS WILL REPLENISH. There's no way you can replenish your pots in Goblin Hovel or another area so you have to leave it and battle ALL OVER AGAIN.

9. FateRiddle

FateRiddle Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2014
    #629 FateRiddle, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    1. There are optimum routes, always, for this kind of game. You will achieve in NG+ with some understanding of stats.

2. Not possible, just enjoy the game. Cuz there are no level cap, eventually you will get all the skills.

3. Those people talking about "pure bard" are ridiculous, all they mean is just one skill: generalist. If you are planning to learn all the skill in the first run (which is a wise decision), that skill will help you achieve the goal in around lvl 50 rather than some much higher level. Depend on how "deep" you've invested in DEX, you could have "wasted" a few stat points, but since you "just got the game", I doubt that.

Smart choice, pick up some paladin auras along the way. (I mean "aura of light" AKA "life easier").

10. FateRiddle

Jun 3, 2014
    The best way to kill boss is always buffs. try taking 5 +damage% buffs and blood magic with song of inspiration and 2-3 top damage spells.

As for Cowl of the Red Fang and Shadowmancer, there is a breakeven point. I admit in low levels Shadowmancer is no brainer, but as you invest more and more in INT stat, 50% critical damage from Red Fang will eventually beat that 35 spellpower in damage output. I picked Cowl of the Red Fang merely in an damage optimism point of view.
    Actually Shadowmancer is the better choice.
    1. 35 spellpower means 140 more hp for Aegis, so Shadowmancer does provide better survival which is crucial for arena.
    2. And Red Fang requires 20 DEX, a stats most mage builds do not invest.
    3. As long as you don't plan on having 200+ INT, Shadowmancer beats Red Fang even in damage.

11. FateRiddle

Jun 3, 2014
    Well, for starters, blood magic gives 100% critical rate, you don't really need any +critical rate passives. Deep Wounds and Lethality are good guess. I can give the answer, but I really believe it will be more fun to figure out urself eventually :D

12. Verisi

Verisi New Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Anyone getting the bug that doesn't let you do the mercenary quest at the very beginning?

13. Donkie

Donkie New Member

Nov 15, 2014
    Holy Ninja

*Warring* This build was put together after 2 NG+.

Concept. A holy DW warrior with max dmg output.

Current lvl: 40

Primary stats: dex/skill/end/str
    Dex: 44
    Skill: 30
    End: 20
    Str: 26

Active
    Paladin
    Aura Of Light
    Power Infusion
    Wrath
    Holy Word
    Ninja
    Blade Rush
    Twin Strikes
    Smoke Bomb
    Monk
    Spirit Trance

Passive
    Paladin
    Word Of Retribution
    Knight
    Armsmen
    Grit
    Ninja
    Impending Doom
    Dual Wield
    Rogue
    Lethal Edge

Gear
    Obsidian Soulcrusher x2 (arena)
    Mercurial Blade's (Bought)

Wraps of the Dragon: This crimson robe, worn by powerful monks, it's imbued with justice and ferocity. (+5% dodge, +10% cool down speed). (Bought)

Almanac of Annihilation Textbook of forbidden arcane arts, which ultimately led to Haggerdom's second great witch hunt. +20% Cooldown Speed

How it works in the arena is u pop smoke bomb at the start to group the mobs together then use Aura Of Light, Power Infusion, Wrath. This should kill most of the mobs around you and with impending doom you cd's should be about done. Use Holy word to heal and get a dmg boost and back it up with Sprit trance for speed so u can heal and kite. Pick off the reaming mobs with blade rush and twin strikes. Cycle your actives right ul do poop tons of dmg and never die. O and u can easly beat the final boss with this just stay away from aoe insta death.

14. Donkie

Donkie New Member

Nov 15, 2014
    I have an Un-Holy Ninja as well.

15. goodknight

goodknight New Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Is this good?

Attached Files:

16. KBPrinceO

KBPrinceO Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    I'd love to see that build

17. MrSarfa

MrSarfa New Member

Mar 11, 2015
    How about this?

Deep Wounds
    Twist the Blade
    Lethality
    Lasting Affliction
    Armsman
    Dragon Style

I'm not 100% sure that Lasting Affliction actually affects the Deep Wounds DOT, but I don't know why it wouldn't. The rest are all following your active skill pattern of going for maximum damage.

18. 12sapphires

12sapphires Active Member

Aug 10, 2014
    Can I beat the final boss a 2nd time and start a new game plus?/can I 2 icloud saves?

So I beat the final boss and started a New Game plus, but then had to remove Battleheart Legacy from my device. I loaded it back on, but only one icloud save was able to be retrieved. (Can I have more than one icloud save at a time???) So, when I reloaded my game, I beat the final boss again, but I can't find the option to start a new game plus with that character! And, since I can't seem to recover my icloud save of NG+, HOW CAN I PLAY NEW GAME PLUS NOW??? Any help would be appreciated. :)

19. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    So glad I came across this thread. It has been a long time since I fired up this bad boy. Here's my old toon. Looks like I will get back into the swing of things.

image.jpg

20. User58394

User58394 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Is there anyway to keep attacking while moving? I find it too awkward to just attack only standing still. I really want to attack, move, attack move and just control the spells and moving.