Battleheart Legacy: Tips & Strategies

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, May 27, 2014.

1. benuc184

benuc184 Member

Aug 14, 2011
    Hey guys, this question has probably been answered a million times over, but I'm lazy so...

What skills do you guys use for rogue/ninja build?

I'm currently level 14 and running

Sneak Attack
    Poison Knife
    Smoke Bomb
    Shuriken
    Flame Weapon (3 skill points for 10% crit)
    Sneak (for dungeons. Often used with shuriken to take out a priority target)
    Twin Strike
    Lacerate

Passives

Lethality
    Dual Wield
    Twist the blade
    Lethal Edge

As I said, I'm only level 14, so I don't have all the skills, but it'd be nice to know which ones are good. So what build do you guys run with him/her? Thanks!

2. MOONDOG

MOONDOG Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Help with Necro Witch

Level 35 necro witch (both maxed out on skills) with most of wizard and a smattering of others (handful of low level skills in other types like bard, ninja, etc.).

The game was fun and not overly challenging in the middle using mostly:

Charm
    Summon Mummy
    Raise Skeleton
    Drain Life
    And various Wizard element attacks

I got the first 2 shards a couple levels under the recommended level, but hit a brick wall on the last shard tower. That's where I started looking on the net for help and came across this thread. But since much of the thread is geared more toward people who have finished the game once, are at very high levels and/or have access to all of the available class skills, etc. it didn't help me much in my situation.

Frustrated and unable to beat the north tower boss even a couple of levels OVER the recommended level, and after trying different combinations of skills and equipment, I finally resorted to putting a plague on the boss and just running away until it finally died... Which was NOT fun.

I've been grinding the colosseum, gone up a couple more levels, and completed both Necromancer and Witch skill sets, but still get easily destroyed by the final boss and his minions regardless of what I try.

Help?

3. benuc184

benuc184 Member

Aug 14, 2011
    Well I run a magic user and I'd try this set

Wandering Plague
    Summon Mummy
    Delibitate (For the boss)
    Drain Life
    Your Elemental Attacks
    Plague if you have room

Make sure you have
    Army of Doom
    The one witch skill that gives you health on all your attacks
    Wild Magic
    Other passive that seem necessary.
    Lots of luck

4. MOONDOG

MOONDOG Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Thanks, I'll try it out!

5. Fragbate

Fragbate Member

May 30, 2014
    How many arena kills?

Anybody know how many arena kills/waves you need in order to get a legendary (gold border) reward?

I'm trying to farm gear and xp at this point, so I'd love to know the minimum length I should go before I restart.

Thanks!

6. Emuchu

Emuchu Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2012
    #606 Emuchu, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    Battleheart Legacy: Tips & Strategies

100 kills / 20 waves nets a guaranteed Legendary. And then you do "that glitch" to get double prizes. The "killing the last enemy of this wave while simultaneously dying to trigger another wave after my death and get murdered again" one.

In stepwise fashion:
    1. Get to 100
    2. Keep going until there's a red slime in the wave
    3. Kill everything except the red slime
    4. Get the slime close to dying, and let the slime hit you until his explosion can kill you
    5. Murder / suicide pact
    6. You'll revive... And a new wave will spawn AND try to kill you AND the warden will warp in and casually start a conversation with you WHILE you're being BRUTALLY MAULED.
    7. Mash buttons so you get a prize before you die (again)
    8. Die (again)
    9. DOUBLE PRIZES!?

... And be sure to take advantage before Mika fixes this. Also, you'll occasionally get really uncooperative waves that refuse to spawn red slimes. Oh well.

7. aleksa-94

aleksa-94 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    In my opinion, the last boss is actually a much higher level than even the chaos tower bosses, so it's normal to get slauthered by him a couple o' times. I know I did. :D

8. MOONDOG

MOONDOG Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Can you figure out FateRiddle's Riddle?

So, frequent commenter in this thread FateRiddle has been able to take down the final boss with one hit in an NG+ game at the equivalent of level 8:

http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5iNlleYWhvk

In the video you can see his equipment and active skills:

equipment:
    Legendary dagger: Tombcaller
    Legendary armor: Cowl of the Red Fang
    Two Black Candles

active skills:
    Song of War
    Power Infusion
    Enrage
    Blood Magic
    Aegis
    Wrath (which he doesn't even activate in the video)
    Victory Banner
    Shadowstep

Method: He just activates everything but Wrath and Shadowstep, then hits Shadowstep once. He hits critically (gold numbers mean critical, right?) for around 4000 and then the boss continues to take approx 4000 damage again and again till it dies. In like 5 seconds.

This damage over time is probably the Barbarian passive Deep Wounds, which causes an unspecified amount of damage over time. So, I tried it. With the same equipment, and the same skill set. With a character around Level 50. And the following passives:

Deep Wounds
    Lethal Edge
    Sundering Strikes
    Withering
    Twist the Blade
    Lethality

No dice. Not only did my initial hit only hit for mid 3000's, the continuing damage over time was a measly 400-something and for fewer times than FateRiddle's video. I've pored over the passive skills list for each class several times, but simply can't figure it out. And I've tried it 3 times with slight variations with the same result.

There are 12 classes with 5 Passive Skills each for a total of 60 passives to choose from, but narrowing down the conceivable passives he used isn't that hard since most of them are obviously not being used here (Ranger, Bard, Monk, Wizard, Barbarian etc. have one or zero contenders)...

So what do you think!? Is there something totally obvious that I'm overlooking?

Would love to hear some feedback.

9. RedHoodedSinner

RedHoodedSinner Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2014
    Crit damage is signifies with a slightly larger damage counter and it 'pop'ed more when first displayed. (don't know how to put it in words but hopefully you got the gist :))

The yellow signifies that it is damage from skills. White means it is damage from auto attack.

10. MOONDOG

MOONDOG Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Thanks for the clarification.

Obviously, with the build and numbers in question maximizing critical hit percent and critical damage is the goal. You've got to get Shadowstep to hit for critical (around 4000) and the subsequent DoT (Deep Wounds?) to hit in the same maximum critical damage range over and over... And I just can't find the combination of passives that'll do that. :confused:

11. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Have you tried activating the skills in the same manner? I find that sometimes I don't get assumed value of skill depending on how they are activated.

12. Bryson

Bryson Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    I just got done beating the game as a mage. This build owns in the arena but the last boss was still a real sumbitch.

I am curious though as a number cruncher why do you recommended the Cowl of the Red Fang? Was that an oversight or intentional?

Wouldn't the Shadowmancer be better? +5% crit, +10% instant c.d., 35 spellpower !! I am really perplexed on this one.

13. Devilish

Devilish Member

Jun 14, 2014
    I used to run a sword and shield build without ninja skills. At level 50+ it can easily get over 200 kills.
    Equipment:
    Bael's blood reaper
    Draconian bulwark
    Mor'doth doomplate
    2x champagne, although ashes are better I can't get my hands on them.

Skills:
    Radiance
    Ki blast
    Slay living
    Revenge
    Aura of light
    Frenzy
    Defend
    Savage pounce

Passives:
    Favored soul
    Adrenaline rush
    Life leech
    Grit
    Shield training
    Death wish

Stats:
    Strength:around 20 (don't need to add this though)
    Dex:5
    Int:33 (ki blast and radiance buff)
    Skill:5
    Charisma:33 (radiance damage)
    Endurance:everything else

This build has lots of survivability due to cc from ki blast and radiance, high hp and good life steal (45% with aura on). The one thing it suffers in is lack of damage at higher waves, but slay living solves that.

HOWEVER while this build is viable, I found greater success with dual wielding, replacing defend with blade rush. It's not the run-of-the-mill impending doom, but they are ninja skills. Dual wielding gives faster life gain and more damage, at the price of revenge no longer healing u for more than the damage dealt to u with aura on.

14. Professor jermiah

Professor jermiah Active Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Imo rogue is one of the weakest classes next to the monk. The rogue uses a lot of one enemy attacks so your screwed if you meet a big crowd. And the attacks are rather weak even when you get shadowstep, its only decent.

15. Dark Wishes

Dark Wishes New Member

Jul 15, 2014
    #615 Dark Wishes, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
    Highest crit I got so far.. Wondering what every one else's highest is so far

Attached Files:

16. Dj ZZ PWN

Dj ZZ PWN New Member

Jul 20, 2014
    I figured it out!! Add that witch passive lasting affliction for the plus 2 seconds to negative effects on the people you hit :d

17. Dj ZZ PWN

Dj ZZ PWN New Member

Jul 20, 2014
    The witch passive called lasting affliction!! THATS the final part to g
    Fates build!!

18. Dj ZZ PWN

Dj ZZ PWN New Member

Jul 20, 2014
    LASTING AFFLICTION WITCH PASSIVE. You're welcome. Just figured it out :)!!!

19. JumbyVT

JumbyVT New Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Legend Drop

So I was farming the 'rouge' boss at the crystal chamber, and I got the Legendary Weapon 'Bael's Blood Reaper'. So i think it's safe to say that legendary weapons are a drop, they are just very rare...

BTW I'm level 49, and I have been farming since level 30, I went pure bard to get all skills In this playthrough

20. peterpro15

peterpro15 Member

Jun 1, 2014
    After 2 or 3 weeks of grinding :D

Attached Files: