Battleheart Legacy: Tips & Strategies

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, May 27, 2014.

1. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    I'm playing a Wiz/Witch but currently level 15 only. Had to re-do my full time level 14 Wiz due to messing up with the witch book. :D

Anybody out there that has unlocked all Wizard/Witch skill tree?

2. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    I've added most wizard & witch skills to the wiki, and added rogues & ninja thanks to Lexius's posts here.

3. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    #43 Jazzpha, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
    Just swapped out wind walk and karma kick for frenzy and savage pounce from the barb tree-- so now I'm running two ninja skills, two barb skills, three monk skills and a rogue skill (smoke bomb, shuriken, thousand palms, empty body, stealth, frenzy, spirit trance, savage pounce).

Can't wait to try it out in the arena! I think savage pounce should function like a more reliable karma kick, and wind walk loses its oomph when split among so many strong enemies. I think stealth will get cut to make room for ki blast as soon as I unlock it, though.

UPDATE: scored 37 kills even without ki blast to help with crowd control. Hardcore beastmode: engaged.

4. LexiusCross

LexiusCross Active Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Update archer skill list complete!

5. explosive

explosive Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    UK
    #45 explosive, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 30, 2014
  6. LexiusCross

Apr 21, 2014
    Probably best Barbarian weapon

Attached Files:

7. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Many thanks! As soon as I've a bit more time on at least one of my hands, I'll try to simply jot down all the info from this thread on the wiki, to at least both sources up to date :)

Thanks fer yer contribution! :)

8. LexiusCross

Apr 21, 2014
    Best mage weapon? Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

Attached Files:

9. LexiusCross

Apr 21, 2014
    1H axe

Attached Files:

10. LexiusCross

Apr 21, 2014
    Monk COMPLETE skill list

(Personal opinion: it's a really, really good comp, probably my favourite so far)

Passives:

Thundering Blows: +10% dmg with blunt or unarmed weapons

Counter Strike: Dodge deals damage

Évasion: +10% dodge

Concussion: your crit attacks knock enemies for 2 seconds with 50% chance

Dragon Style: +5% damage if wearing Light armor

Actives:

Spirit Trance: increases Movement speed and add HP regen for 10 sec

empty body: Dodge all attacks for 4 seconds

Ki blast: Unleash a shockwave that knock enemies down with extreme damage

1,000 palms: 7x dmg to all targets in front of you

Wind walk: Blink to all targets dealing 2x dmg to all of them. Untouchable for Duration. If one enemy, it takes the three hits

Pressure Point: Stun for 5 seconds

Karma Kick: Jumps to your target. The - HP, the + dmg

Ki Shot: Send a projectile for heavy damage

If it was a Pvp game, this class would rule

11. DanRiverBrew

DanRiverBrew Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2013
    I have updated my excel doc and made it available on Google Docs
    Google Doc

I have 68 skills now listed in it by class, the order that you obtain the skill, the type (active/passive), the requirements by stat and a short description.

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Can Barbarians still dual wield?

What happens if I burn the witch book?

13. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    You can lock yourself out of things in the game like the witch class by burning the book. Also you can wreck ur entire game with crazy mode enabled in the options wich lets you attack and kill ANYONE.

14. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah I know, thanks. But what do I gain by burning the witch book? A bit if XP? Or do I get a permanent XP multiplier?

15. LexiusCross

Apr 21, 2014
    They can equip 2h weapons with the Colossal passive and they can also dual wield with the ninja passive skill "Dual Wield"

If you burn the book, you'll receive a little bit of experience and gold. NOT WORTH IT. Also, if you come back to witch and let her know that you've burned it, she'll then attack you and she's quite tough.

In other words, don't burn it or you won't be able to learn Witch skills.
    If you don't want them anyway, then it's a nice challenge to kill her

16. JCho133

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah I have that ninja skill. That's cool that the barbarian does the 2h weapons now.

And alright, sounds like I'm not burning the book ;)

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Level 16 here, and using your build with some modifications.
    Go for the instant cooldown. I have 2 Monkey Paws (12% IC each) and I have seen it activate several times in a row so often now (highest was 8 or so), that I suspect either the calculations are a bit off (i.e. a bug) or that the actual number is higher.

I originally used a Paladin/Knight, with some other small stuff thrown in (nothing to write home about). Around level 8 I picked up the first two Battlemage skills, and those helped mitigate the wall I hit for a bit. But I still had a really rough time, playing on Normal difficulty.

Then I switched to your build, and changed the skills a bit to match what I had (e.g. I don't have Smoke Cloud yet). Now things are pretty much a breeze. My highest score in Coloseum is 28.

I currently go with these Actives
    - Monk: 1000 Palms, Windwalk, Karma Kick, Spirit Trance
    - Battlemage: Flame Weapon, Mana Strike
    - Paladin: Power Infusion, Aura of Light

And Passives:
    - Bard: Lucky (the +XP skill is next on my list)
    - Monk: Dragon Style (Not worth it, only raises my Attack stat from 30 to 31; filler), Evasion, Thundering Blows
    - Paladin: Punishment, Stalwart.

Karma Kick I use less for the damage, but mainly to "teleport" to a target - e.g. a Mage or Archer. Also, with Light Aura active, it fills up a nice chunk when I'm low on health.
    Spirit Trance is great for Health Regeneration when Aura is on cooldown, or when just walking to the next room. Also, it more than negates health loss from poison.

When I have some stat points left, I plan to invest more into Endurance, so I can wear heavier armour. But currently I am using Noble's Garb (+10% xp, +4% Crit), so that can wait a bit.

If you need to farm a bit (e.g. for money or xp), I found places where the monsters are really concentrated in one room the best option. For example I used the Sealed Cave to level from 10 to 12 in maybe 15-20 minutes. And the Razor Clan Camp to go from 13 to 15.

Finally, a huge thank you to everyone here for the fantastic information you all provide. Very much appreciated! And I'm sincerely sorry that I don't have more time to contribute myself.

18. Blizzard500

Blizzard500 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Is is possible to lose the chance to unlock a character?
    I don't think I side with the ninja and she ran away? Is she gone for good?

19. DanRiverBrew

DanRiverBrew Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2013
    thanks for reading my long post lol :)

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Actually, it's cool that you can make whatever character you want (well, almost) in Battleheart Legacy :)