Universal Battleheart Legacy (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2014.

1. Magnum0ik

Magnum0ik Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Insurance Broker
    Portsmouth, England
    That's sold it for me - is it def midnight for UK?

2. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I was under the impression the endless mode / replayble endgame stuff was in this release? I was sure Mika mentioned that being something they were working on pre release...

3. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Bout to play, I love mika style and gameplay so this should be a natural fit.

4. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Yea, we managed to sneak it in at the last minute. New game plus and the endless arena are both in this release.

5. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    <3

Awesome, will grab it once it hits the UK.

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    You guys have to play this to see how good it is.

Gameplay is butter smooth, lively towns with people to talk to, and what about those graphics! They're gorgeous. Hard to believe it was all done by Mika and not some giant company.

7. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    Cannot wait Ahahah!

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #88 L.Lawliet, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
    I noticed the battle animations are not only gorgeous but the mechanics are good too. If you're locked onto an enemy, I do like the touch of not "running away" from them and actually backing away while facing them.

And wow.. did he make an awesome world map :)

9. christopherrocs

christopherrocs Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Mika, in the video posted by chaos on his iPhone 5, there was some framerate drops. Your sure this works on the iPod 4?

10. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    All the gameplay I've seen of this so far looks like it more than lives up to the hype. So excited.

I think my first character's going to be a Ranger/Battlemage. I like the idea of blasting people with elemental arrows for great justice.

11. christopherrocs

Aug 15, 2013
    Also, how can I unlock a monk? I was hoping to do the rouge monk combo right away.

12. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I love Mika Mobile, I love Mika Mobile, I love Mika Mobile :)

13. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This is what I wanted to read: endless mode present in this release. Sold :)

14. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    Not gonna lie, we really recommend an iPhone 4S or better. When we first started development of the game, it ran pretty well on an iPhone 4. But as time has gone on, and the complexity of the battles increased, performance on those older devices has naturally degraded. Also, strangely, we found that an iPhone 4 running iOS 5 actually tends to have far better performance than the same phone running iOS 7, so if you're still running an older OS you should actually get better results on those older devices. Bottom line - you can skate by with an iPhone 4 (or iPod 4) but it is far from ideal, and you will find the framerate to be less than stellar particularly in the later stages of the game where there's a lot of crap flying around. There's actually a few more optimizations I'd like to do post release (we have on update already in the review queue which improves memory efficiency) which may improve results on older devices, but we really wanted to just stomp on the graphics gas pedal with this game, and that sadly means not being able to have perfect results on all devices.

15. christopherrocs

Aug 15, 2013
    Well if I get better support, I'm a happy man. You said testers played on an
    iPod 4 and it worked,
    Correct?

16. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    We had a couple playing on an iPhone 4, which is the same hardware as the iTouch 4, though the iTouch has less RAM. In my experience, iPods have a bit better performance than iPhones, because the extra phone crap running in the background does take additional resources. That said, you might experience some crashiness until that first patch goes live, as we have a few levels that really hog RAM in the current release, and the lack of memory on the iTouch will almost certainly cause some heavy levels to force quit (the endless arena and the final dungeons being the worst offenders, due to the sheer volume of enemies).

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I think I'll be going for a ranger / paladin / knight hybrid. The ultimate fighter. Though it makes it hard to pick what points to put into what. I'm sad the paladin uses mainly charisma which makes things cheaper, so it actually has no effect on your actual gameplay stats. It almost feels like a waste putting level up points into that if you're fine with shelling out more money..

18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    #98 ste86uk, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
    I got to see some of both videos but have to get ready for work so sadly can't sit and watch them all. I noticed there are a few class trainers there at the start and I was thinking if going a necromancer to start.

Does anyone know yet how you get the other classes at the start or will I need to go with being a Mage from the beginning and find the others later on?

Edit: I won't be able to relax and enjoy it until I know I've seen all there is to pick and decided the one I want. Or gone with wizard as it'll share stats to get another later on.

19. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    Well, some Paladin abilities scale up in power with your Charisma, so it's not a total waste.

20. alphapie

alphapie New Member

May 25, 2014
    OMG it's amaaaaazing!