Universal Battleheart Legacy (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2014.

1. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    #2901 tahzblade, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    I knew it was a small dev team that made this game but never knew it was that small 0.0
    WOW it's amazing to see what can be done with such a small amount of people. This game puts these big game companies to shame.

This is an amazing game and I will certainly be supporting the devs and will buy all their other games when I can.

This is a straight up GOTY for mobile competitor.

2. Vetokend

Vetokend Active Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Sad to hear that the map was a fake. Oh well, I agree that there'll still be an update.

As for your anticipations on what an update should hold, The only part I disagree with is enemy level scaling. Every time that mechanic appears in a game, I lose any motivation to level up, and therefore any motivation to play the game. I actually search for enemy level scaling before I buy games, so I can save the time and not buy it.

However, I DO agree with it, if you're talking about selecting pre-existing enemies closer to your level in random encounters. Such as, the powerful adds in the final boss fight.

What I don't want to see is getting a random encounter at level 300, and having to fight enemies that are harder than the last boss. That would remove motivation to improve and doesn't make sense.

Veto

3. Shwqa

Shwqa Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    I like battle heart legacy but mika mobile does a have history of suddenly dropping support of their game and never returning. Battle heart the original on andriod is broken and never been fixed.

Even this game is unfinished but I highly doubt we will get any more updates. BH:L is a really good game, but it is not a great game. The art style, graphic, and mechanics are rock solid. There is no middle game at all and the long quest line with crime organization doesn't have an ending. And there is really no reason to do anything other than do boss fight over and over until you can beat the game and do the arena. The game with 10-15+ more quest and few dozen more random events on the maps and the game, then BH:L probably be one of the top 10 iOS game of all time.

4. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    If it weren't for its fun enjoyable simplicity, it wouldn't be a mikamobile game. Thats what makes this game special. It doesnt try to replicate a full on console rpg or anything. Its just an excellent $5 mobile game that has that mikamobile touch.

5. Vetokend

Vetokend Active Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Not to mention, playing it just feels damned good. I recently got an iPad Air 2, and it runs so smoothly. I play one colosseum match before bed every night now. I always lose due to getting tired and messing something up :mad:. Record is now 401 kills, still nowhere close to the aforementioned 2k. I'm due to break that next time I get a daytime session in, since I'm level 85 now.

No level cap, good gameplay, infinite colosseum. SOLD. Love this game.

Veto

6. Galgenstrick

Galgenstrick New Member

Dec 12, 2014
    Has anyone gotten a scourging staff of inferno in the latest update? I've farmed to level 65, have over 30 legendaries but not a single legendary staff. Is it more rare that the others what am I missing?

7. Vetokend

Vetokend Active Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Sorry, unsure on the staff. I'll keep my eye out for it.

Level 104, 571 kills. I'm still doing my before-sleep session, and nope, it's not getting old. Yet.

Veto

8. Vetokend

Vetokend Active Member

Dec 17, 2013
    I'm starting to wonder when the breaking point of the game is.

Any data miners out there figure out what the "level cap" is, meaning when data types start to overflow, like experience required to level? This collosseum is so fun, it makes me wonder if I'll hit such a point in the distant future.

Veto

9. Galgenstrick

Galgenstrick New Member

Dec 12, 2014
    The support page said the game becomes unstable at "very high levels" but didn't give a number. Any news on that staff? I still never got one.

10. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I've had 2. The gloves, staff, and Mage armor are the rarest in my experience.

11. Vetokend

Vetokend Active Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Sorry, still nothing here. I haven't gotten to play much during the busy holiday schedule. Level 156, no glitchiness detected thus far. I wonder if the guy who reached level ~600 noticed anything.

Veto

12. gcl

gcl Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    My current record is 441 kills and I'm a pacifist. Hope for a DLC update in 2015 :)

13. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I would love to see more content. As great as the game was I felt it was a little incomplete. The side stories aren't very deep and they could tie better into the main story line. The main story line is shallow. It's a pretty game , fun to play but not very deep.

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    All of us would man but the devs havent really said anything :(

15. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    So...you're a pacifist that kills people?

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #2916 undeadcow, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Year 2014 Candidate

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Battleheart Legacy was successfully nominated for voting in the Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Year 2014 poll; voting will occur over the next 7 days (through January 7). Developers are asked not to vote for their own game or recruit votes outside of Touch Arcade.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=249263

17. EmeraldLynx

EmeraldLynx Well-Known Member

May 17, 2012
    Just beat the final boss with a Paladin/Knight/Barbarian/Ninja at lvl 32! Used a few other class skills but those were my main classes. Wrath is by far my favorite skill as of now.

18. Vetokend

Vetokend Active Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Finally got above the 1k kills mark in the colosseum. My next goal is to go after the aforementioned 2k kills, but that might take a while - each run takes like an hour to do, and with kids, that's not easy.

Veto

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    You should post a screenshot with epic numbers like that.

20. Vetokend

Vetokend Active Member

Dec 17, 2013
    Hahah.. thanks.. I haven't done it so far, just because I've seen some of the earlier posts with level ~600 toons. Maybe one day I'll challenge their standing.

Veto