Universal Battleheart Legacy (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2014.

1. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    I like how the game doesn't hold your hand, and that there is actual permanent choices that cannot be undone (eg. opening almanac = no witch), but you don't know this until the deed is done :p

I could say that the game lacks in story, but if they really did add all the extra amazing stuff, they may as well have made it a console/PC game!

Right now I'm just grinding away like crazy.
    Leveling up a rouge/ninja/ranger is tough.

2. kdavis220

kdavis220 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    A small break from Monster Hunter eh? ;)

I've leveled up a rouge/ninja/ranger and I love the versatility of him.

What level are you Duivs?

3. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    This game really is awesome.

4. Cagey75

Cagey75 Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2014
    Loving this game, so simple, yet plenty to do and there is some management involved. I'm only level 12 atm, got me some shiny silver knight armor and a massive 2-handed axe. I'm clearly going for brute force :D

I do want to power up spells on top though. So I guess I'll be a Mage-Knight.

I would like a little more of a story, and maybe a few more locations - I know it's cool that you have to explore areas and remember where you got quests etc ... but I'd also prefer if the names of the villages and caves etc were on the map. Minor niggle.

What difficulty are you all playing at? And what class type are you going for? What spells and weapons are you using?

5. Cagey75

Sep 2, 2014
    I got a bit confuzzled there too at the beginning, it was the witch I was supposed to find, kept missing that one pathway off to the right.

6. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Haha ye I thought I should take a bit of a break from it, so I bought this to fill in the time between now and sep 11, when phantom rift comes out!

I'm about level 26, and I've completed rogue training, and praying that I can complete the other two trainings before NG+

What's the deal with the NG+ though! does it happen as soon as you beat the final boss, or is it a special option when crating a new save file?

7. kdavis220

kdavis220 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    NG+. Or New Game+ allows you to, after you beat the game, start a new character with all the same skills but stats are reset.

8. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    But is it like immediately after beating the final boss?

9. cooltea

cooltea Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 19, 2011
    France
    #2849 cooltea, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    After you beat the final boss you get an end depending on choices you made during the game, you are then shown the credits and brought back to the main screen (this last part I am not sure of, you might be brought back to the world map).
    You'll have the choice between continuing your game with the same save file (with XP, equips and completion right where you left them AFTER you beat the boss) or restarting the game as New game +.

10. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
  11. Cagey75

Sep 2, 2014
    Ok, I'm now level16, and my Knight/Paladin/Necromancer character is getting pretty tough, and matching the level suggested per dungeon.

but I still can't kill that witch!! Anyone else go against the witch? I guess you did if you opened up the necromancer ... and how did you beat her?

Also what level should you enter the coliseum? tried it and only managed 5 kills :(

12. InfernoShade

InfernoShade New Member

Sep 3, 2014
    Creative Director
    NJ
    Multiple of same item

First up, loving this game. Just started yesterday. I'm a lvl 5 Rouge/Ranger.

I can't seem to tell if I have multiple of the same item. I bought a Silver Dagger then was awarded one. I want to see one but I cant tell if I'm selling my only one or the duplicate. Any help? Thanks.

13. Cagey75

Sep 2, 2014
    If there's one showing in your inventory, and you have one equipped, then yes, it's a duplicate and you can sell it :)

I've killed that witch - it was just a matter of leveling up, and I've unlocked a series of new techniques. The bloody Ooze thing though! Supposedly level 10, and I can't beat it as level 16! get it right down to almost done and it kills me. Killed the worm, the giants, and the big boar no problem.

I've clocked 11hrs so far, and I imagine there's at least that to go. Well worth it this one was :)

14. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    If you're talking about the witch in the gloomy path, you shouldn't have opened the almanac.

As for the big slime though, I just left it until I was a high enough level. It's a pretty hard fight.

15. Cagey75

Sep 2, 2014
    'shouldn't' have? hmmm, well the idea is you get to choose, I'm choosing to be a bit evil :D I'm killing the guys who ask me to go on quests too for their loot.

There doesn't seem to be any punishment for doing so.

She dead now anyway

The ooze is the first battle that really irritated me so far. Cleared out a giant's den no problems, but this ooze will not die. I wonder what it's weak to? I have ice and fire powers for my blades

16. Crazyleo

Crazyleo Active Member

Jan 13, 2014
    Unemployed
    ON Canada
    The trick to defeating the slime boss is that you have to kill off the pieces after it splits apart. Once it forms again; beat it up until it splits again. Afterwards, go after one of the pieces to kill it.

Repeat until all small pieces are killed.

17. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    That much is kinda obvious, but there are a few things you can do to make it easier.

When a blob dies, the mother slime's health is not fully restored upon reforming.
    By focusing on one blob you can whittle down the mother blob.

Also, the mother blob cannot reform until all of the alive blobs have come together.
    By paralysing, or using some other ability that keeps an enemy in its place (charm doesn't work), the mother blob can't be reformed.

It may seem hard to avoid the puddles of acid, but if you move far enough away from the mother blob it will move towards you, giving you a new, temporarily acid-free area to fight in.

18. Cagey75

Sep 2, 2014
    Done! cheers :)

It was indeed the acid that was killing me mostly.

In the end, it was raising skeletons from the dead wee blobs, and a couple of new abilities + new armor that did the job.

19. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Well I'm still on my first playthrough, and I'm level 34.

I've mastered the rogue, ninja and ranger, and am close to mastering the monk.

I should probably do the bard, for his last skill, but I think I will need way too much charisma for that.

It kinda all fits together though. By leveling up the rogue/ninja I could easily get the ranger skills. From all of this it made it fairly easy to get the monk skills.
    The paladin, barbarian and knight will be easy enough after that.
    Anything that needs intelligence will be a waste though as I won't be able to grind THAT much.

20. pandaryll

pandaryll Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Game Designer
    Quezon City
    This is by far the only game I've purchased on the App Store. Worth it. But it crashes sometimes in my iPad Mini (as do other games so I'm not that surprised)