Universal Battleheart Legacy (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 27, 2014.

1. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #221 worldcitizen1919, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
    You're kidding no virtual gamepad option. Why are these developers so thoughtless? Almost every game offers control options. This looks great but I can't play tap because I have severely injured shoulders and constant raising & moving, lifting either hand repeatedly to tap hurts heaps. Just a one thumb gamepad with a weapon button is would be perfect.

You'd think the time they spend making a blockbuster game they'd include control options. Its a pity. I can't play it unless they include a virtual gamepad in an update otherwise refund. It's even painful typing.

Game looks terrific but can only give it 1 point for a major oversight. Not everyone likes tap and some of us just can't play without a virtual gamepad because of pain.

2. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    On my search for the crystal to save the king. So far it's great. Can't go wrong with a download from Mika anyways!! Everybody needs to support these great premium games. Cheers Mika!

3. I have to agree, on the fence with buying this game. Rarely like point to move. No vstick or joystick would prevent me from getting this just like it is now.

4. Vestid

Vestid Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    WTB a yes

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Holy crap I have to go to bed but I am loving this!

6. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Woooh! Downloading right now! Can't wait :)

7. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Force closing the app and restarting fixed it for me luckily. So far having fun but finding it difficult. Got to level 2 and still dying before I can finish the first dungeon or encounter where the bandits want 100 gold. Went with warrior to start.

8. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I'm pretty positive you played battleheart, this game is in the same vein as that. It uses the same combat mechanics essentially so if you enjoyed that you will like this.

9. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Found the monk can't learn her skills without removing my weapon.. She any good? My bard/thief combo is doing well now..

10. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    #230 worldcitizen1919, May 28, 2014
    I found double tap acts like a crappy gamepad. You tap twice and on the second tap you hold your finger down and move and the character moves but it's very crappy yet helps me. Anything helps me but if you aren't in pain then this is a terrific game.

This is no OceanHorn!

11. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    I love it but hat having to reposition my hand every time I want to use an ability or converse on my iPad... Mika Mobile, please offer an option for left or right justified context buttons.... Please

12. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    I did play the 1st game but had to stop because of the tapping. However, I bought this without checking and forgot it was tap only. However double tap helps me about 40% makes it barely playable and I really want to play it.

I've written to the devs but I don't like my chances of a fix in an update.

13. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Kinda two different genres hah
    But a gamepad wouldn't make much sense, since targeting is done with tapping, and there are way more spells than there are buttons on a controller. He pretty much made a two for one control scheme if you think about it, making it easy to play with one hand.. He explained in detail back when why a gamepad wouldn't work. He tried to implement it but the game is just not made for one :/ I wouldn't call him thoughtless. He's here on the forums, most devs don't do that at all

14. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Is there any downside to killing that guy in the first town? He yielded after a duel but I killed him anyway and was wondering if I accidentally killed someone important.

15. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    #235 kioshi, May 28, 2014
    I went to the witches quest of getting her book. Killed the two guards and exited the room involuntarily so I didn't pick up what the guards dropped and the door to their dungeon is locked. Did he drop a key which disappeared? How do i do de mission now if that's the case?

16. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Get a life.

17. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Game Impressions

I'll leave my game impressions. In a word... "Awesome". I am blown away by BH LEGACY. Right when you open up the app it shows male or female and you get to make your own name. Then the Awesome music and tutorial at the beginning. It's so hard to describe such a beautiful game. The graphics are REALLY REALLY GOOD LIKE HD+ or is it just me. The character models and monsters and everything. The towns people are walking around it feels lively and you can say bad stuff or good stuff to people is awesome thing. Don't worry about controls for people that don't like tap to move. It works perfectly and you can double tap and the character will follow your finger. This is nothing like battle heart tbh but it's got the same style going for it, if i had to think of a game that was like this on IOS the closest would be... Maybe ORC vengeance? Anyways 2014 is an awesome year and it looks like Wayward Souls has some competiton for GOTY. Now if you'll excuse me i have some goblins to kill.

18. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    ^ Amen! This is everything we wanted Battleheart to be and more!

I also cannot make the iCloud sync work, I can upload from both my iPad mini and iPhone but when I click the download from iCloud button all I get are the saves I have from each device and not cross-device. Mind you - this is no biggie for me! :) Great, great game!

19. BlazeLee

BlazeLee Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2010
    singapore
    I bought da classic Battleheart years back and imma instabuy this 1!

20. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Just got my ass kicked for trying to rob a merchant lol...the game is tough!