Universal Battleheart (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Deity X

Deity X Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Glad to see I'm not the only one wanting name changes. A game like this needs that ability. One example of handling it poorly was final fantasy tactics advanced or A2. It's a game were you can manage all these facets of your character but I can't change the name of my best solder who has a stupid name? It cant be to hard and with Mika Mobile's involvement in the community I think with a call for it it will be implemented.

2. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I beat him the first try but it was really long and difficult. Fortunately, I had two healers or I would have had to grind too. On the second map, I died in 3 of the levels and had to take another path temporarily. Also lost half my heroes but still won on two of the levels. The challenge is certainly there.

3. jwei44

jwei44 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    High School Graduating
    California
    I wish it worked on iPod Touch 2G

4. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Yeah... Me too. I'm just magically playing it on mine.

But my mana has to recharge every 25 minutes >:|

5. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Your OS is just out of date. The openGL drivers in 4.2 are worth the upgrade alone, Battleheart at least performs far better with the latest OS so I highly recommend it.

6. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    I'm mistaken then xD

I'm on 4.1 and I'm not getting the crashes on the boar levels like the others, soo...

7. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Oddly enough, I am on 4.2 and haven't had a single crash with only a few levels to go on the second map.

8. MystikSun

Dec 18, 2009
    I also think we should receive gold depending on our score in the arena :p

9. J.Leson

J.Leson Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    #129 J.Leson, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
    Seems like a beautiful game. I really dig the art style. I have one question though, before I purchase: Do the people who are not in your current party gain levels? It would really discourage trying out different characters, if only the main 4 party members gain experience. Having to grind early stages just to level a character would suck.

Edit, purchased.

Initial impressions are very positive. Although I did encounter a random crash, and party members are hard to select/heal when they're still stacked up. I haven't tested if non-party members who are not in use receive XP. That will have to wait until tomorrow, it is far to late...

10. Megladon

Megladon Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Central California
    #130 Megladon, Feb 1, 2011
    I ran into a couple glitches.

1) game crashed during hog boss battle

2) game froze during hog boss battle

other then that game is great!

11. J.Leson

J.Leson Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Does 4.1 have the same drivers? I've been putting off updating. Itunes is extremely buggy on my main computer, and I've been putting off updating in case it causes even more problems. I'm currently using 4.1 on ipod 4th gen.

If 4.1 does not have said drivers, I guess it's finally time to update...

12. olio

olio Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Game Impressions

First hour behind me and I'm gleaming with happiness! Such a great experience, both game-wise and aesthetically. I really like the different character models, how the sound effects are synced just perfect as well as atmospheric music. The boar boss was a nice challenge, and for a moment I thought I couldn't make it.

Couple of observations, though :)
    - I've now played an hour and my iPad battery went down from 25% to 10%. When I got the "10% battery left" the game froze. Just as I pressed the home button, it sprang back alive, but I was already on my way out. When I tried to come back, the game crashed and I lost my arena progress :/
    - What is the basic skill of Bard? In the first battle I had him, my party got wiped as I thought it was a healing skill. In subsequent battles it has gone much better. He gives a boost to his target, but is it defensive or offensive?
    - It would be nice to be able to name your characters, or at least some of them, like the more generic ones.
    - I was wondering if the micromanagement/overlapping could be solved with having each party members face in each corner along with the skills they have. You press the face and then you can point the place/target for that character. On the other hand it differs from the elegant line-drawing commanding as well as obstructs the view a bit, so maybe have it as an alternative control option?

Having great time so far! Back to the arena, now :)

13. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #133 MikaMobile, Feb 1, 2011
    Ya know, the bard isn't terribly well explained, that's my bad. Basically he confers his "attack" stat to both the attack and defense of his target. At high levels, he pretty much turns whoever he focuses on into a tiny god, but he's more challenging to heal with compared to the cleric.

I'm not sure if 4.1 has the same drivers as 4.2, I only know that when I updated our dev devices from 3.x to 4.2 we saw a significant framerate boost.

Edit: characters not currently in the party don't gain xp, but it's not too hard to catch them up if you change your mind later. With high level items and a few high level battles under their belt, they'll match your A-team in no time. There are also items you can equip to boost XP gains.

14. Cifuang

Cifuang Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2010
    How's the microing in this game? Is it casual or frantic? Thanks

15. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

A bit of both. Once you get the hang of it, a lot of the levels are pretty casual. The boss stages though get pretty frantic, when you're trying to burn down the boss before your party wipes. When there's a boss on the screen and 4-5 monsters that spawn from all sides, you've gotta move fast.

16. doncorazon

doncorazon Active Member

Jan 15, 2011
    I'm about 30 minutes into it - awesome game.
    Playing with a barbarian, wizard, cleric, and knight. Lots of cool characters to try out later. I have had one crash in the midst of a busy battle.

This game is a blast!

17. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Oh wow that slime boss is rediculous. I thought killing one of the slimes before they merged would weaken the boss... but no it still came together with full health. That boss really burns your party out... especially by the third merge together... and the time stop and party gang bang on one of the slimes when he breaks apart can only last so long :(.

18. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    This does seem like a game that would benefit if damage values popped out of enemies =P

Might pick this up, but I fear the controls might not be very accurate on iphone vs ipad due to screen size.

19. olio

olio Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Yay for bardic goodness \o/

Just beat the spider boss on a first try with lvl 9 cleric, monk and rogue plus a lvl 8 bard. The "hit all - aggro almost everyone" ability of monk really came in handy ;)

20. h1976

h1976 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Really fun, casual RPG, perfect for the iOS.

To add value, replayability, bragging rights and general all around smug factor can we get Gamecenter achievements please? ;)