Universal Battleheart (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    So what are your best character set ups so far? Would you say it's absolutely neccesary to have a healer?

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    NO!
    NOT YOU AGAIN! :)

Jokes aside, thanks, I think I'll buy it as soon as I go back home.
    I like the style and seems pretty fun...I've no doubt Mika Mobile will eventually wipe any bug or crash.
    I was hoping for some story...having just finished Riven and already having Dungeon Raid for 'fast' no-story plays but I think I'll bite tonight.
    Again, thank you.

3. Banemus

Banemus Member

Oct 18, 2010
    insta buy!!!!!!!! give me more mika mobile!!!

4. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I spy a Monk character, must buy for me!

5. fabiowms

fabiowms New Member

Feb 1, 2011
    hey guys, I have a solution for the first boss crash, at least it worked here. My setup was, knight, rogue, wizard and cleric, and I noticed that the game was crashing right after I used the atk buff skill from the cleric and then changed to the character with the buff. I changed to the defense buff and the crash stoped, maybe some other skills are crashing the game too, so try to memorize your last action before the crash.

good luck =)

6. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Yes for me. I can't see how it's possible to go thru rounds of enemies without a healer.

7. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Crashing aside some stuff I think can be improved or changed slightly:

When battles occur at the top of the screen the health bars of all people engaged in the fight are hidden. While I don't see a way around that I find that annoying since I have no clue how close or far away I am from victory or who may or may not need healing.

Battles can occur at the edges of the screen - so you can see your team but you have no idea who you are battling. At the very least no one should be able to battle until all participants are visible. Maybe because this is universal and playing on the smaller screen this gets messed up but it is kind of annoyance to the small screen user.

I mentioned before - or asked and no one answered so discovered on my own - there is no way to tell if an item in the store will help a party member or stay the same. There should be some indication on the stats - green for increasing, red for decreasing or black to stay the same - of what change (if any) an item will do for your character.

No way to tell the levels of your party on all screens. I think this was mentioned before it is a pain to continually have to go back to the academy to see their levels, then back to the merchant, etc.

Again as mentioned, when the team bunches up it is difficult to pull one out of the crowd so to speak or heal one in the crowd etc. Not sure how to fix this but I can see it being a problem in later more frantic times.

Movement however is great - though sometimes instead of healing with my cleric she moves. Eh, minor annoyance to otherwise awesome movement mechanism. Though sometimes I DO lead her directly into the line of fire.

So overall my gripes seem petty which shows how great a game it is. Noticed a few typos as I mentioned and those are very easy fixes. I do wish the balance was a little better. I wonder how the testers found this because the action goes literally from 0 --> 60 in one level! Even the branched off level before the boar boss (the one that opens up at the same time as the boar) was pretty suddenly hard! I thought at first I made a wrong choice in the fork in the road it was so hard. Nothing a little leveling didn't fix but still major jumps in difficulty.

I wish the crashes were occurring consistently on the same devices and iOS so that I would rest assured a fix would be quick but the random nature of it makes me feel like it might take some time to hunt down the nasty bug. I have faith though Mika Mobile!

8. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Since I leveled my characters a little higher than probably necessary to beat that level I experimented and tried to get through that boar boss with no skills used - thinking it was a skill that caused the crash. Still crashed at the same place.

9. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    Im sure the crashing issue will be addressed. Besides that, is the game worth the dough?

10. J.Leson

J.Leson Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2010
    After beating a level, I often get gear that I already have. For example: Karate Gi. The stats on the new item seem to be the same as gear that came with the character.

This has quickly become my favorite game on the iOS, and I've played ALOT of games. I hope to see content updates in the future.

Edit: Suggestion

Close pinch get all of your party members to come to one location. Open pink for your party members to spread out. I think this would be very help. Sometimes your party members stack up, making it hard to heal the right one.

11. Musclegiant

Musclegiant Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    #191 Musclegiant, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
    I'm playing on a 3gs iOS 4.2 and have had no crashes at all. I already beat the boar boss who was admittedly a little tough but got him my first try. I wonder why everyone else is crashing on that boss?

Edit: lol, that boss is not that hard guys..you just have to have quick fingers and good microing. Keep your healer in the lower middle, and keep the heals on the knight at all times.... I have the starting knight and cleric, with the barbarian and Gustav the rogue. Spam Gustav's moves because I got this super stab move and his poison move which both recharge pretty fast and do a good amount of dmg. Not to mention that the clerics special heal skill recharges pretty quickly too. As someone mentioned, if you have played a Raid in World of Warcraft before you need to get those minions down first if possible once they spawn. Focus all your heroes on one enemy at a time if you can. Again, I don't think there's anything wrong with the balance of this game. All my characters were level 6 when I beat the boar, and level 5 for my barbarian.

12. heavy liquid

heavy liquid Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    One more vote for Game Center support.

I use GC to see what new games my friends are playing all the time. If I see something that catches my eye or a bunch of friends playing the same thing, I'll tend to buy it. I'm sure other people do the same.

It's a good way to promote the game, as well as getting those people who play games for achievements to also purchase it.

13. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    Crashing a lot.

I cannot defeat the boar....it crashes all the time.

Playing on iPad, latest software.

Excellent game.....but a few tweaks are necessary:

1. Identify the class and the level of each character on the KEEP section
    2. Identify the which hero can use or not some types of armor

The UI in between battles are lacking. It could and should be easier to navigate/use/choose.

Since this is a huge strategic part of the game, it is kind of frustrating to play it.

I will wait for the update, right now is boring to replay all the same levels over and over....

Cheers,

Bruno

14. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    iPhone4 with iOS 4.1 here. Only one crash for me and it was on the map before the first boss battle (Boss Hog). ;)

I managed to get through Boss Hog the first try and with no crashing but that was after I closed the app from multitasking memory and recycled power to my iPhone after I had that first crash. Also I never recycled power to my phone after first installing the game and playing.

Haven't got to the next boss yet but I've played through several more maps without any more crashes. I wonder how many apps people are keeping resident in memory when they are experiencing the crashing?

15. olio

olio Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    I think the balance of the game is just perfect. I didn't need to grind at all, just try again few times for those harder battles, especially ones with red slimes :)

Excellent work!

I wonder, I didn't use the knight once I got the monk, and I didn't crash at the boar boss, and if I recall right I didn't use knight there. I'm playing with iPad, latest OS.

16. ProperChopper

ProperChopper Well-Known Member

Battleheart feedback

I've been playing for a while now, and whilst I enjoy the game thoroughly, there are clearly a few issues that need addressing.

The Keep needs to show you more (some!) info on the character you're looking to equip. There is no indication of level, attack or defence stat, which seems...odd.

Also, the Merchant and the Armoury need to merge, or something. Switching between the two constantly just to see who's equipped what, and how the stats compare is not cool.

Also, there needs to be some indication in the shop of whether an item is upgradable. I cannot see how the upgrade will affect my weapon stats, so do not know whether trading weapons will pay off. For example, a sword in the shop might have +3 attack over my currently equipped weapon. But if I upgrade my currently equipped weapon, will my attack stat be raised+3 or more? Is it worth buying the new weapon, seeing as I don't know if it can be upgraded? I don't know, and I'm essentially gambling my hard earned cash, which is far from abundant.

The only other gripes have been mentioned alot already. There is a clear difficulty spike at the hog boss, but grinding does fix that. I think GC implementation would be good for lots of reasons, and I think achievements will provide incentive to grind, which might otherwise be unappealing to some.

I haven't really had any problems regarding controls in-game at all, although I think the suggestion above of pinching gestures to group and spread your team is an excellent one.

Congratulations on an excellent release guys. I'm sure you'll achieve the success you so evidently deserve.

17. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Like I said, I'm using the boar fight as a grinding opportunity on my iPad. What team are you using?

I'm currently using Priest, Monk, Fighter, Rogue. My monk seems to be catching the agro from the Boar, which is ok as he has the "Untouchable" ability. My Rogue typically wails on him pretty well with "Find Weakness" and my Fighter does a good job drawing off the other characters or other just turtling up with Intimidate, etc.

I can't actually understand how you'd beat the Boar with a Wizard or Sorcer though. It seems the frail magic user types would get swarmed pretty hard. At the very least I think you'd need two melee types in the party: 1 to shepard and protect the cleric and wizard, and one to draw attacks from the boss.

I also have to add, you need to really stay on top of the bombs. That fight gets frantic.

18. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I beat him with a Wizard in my party. He didn't get swarmed hard, you just have to keep micro-managing your Knight to keep attacking everything and hold the aggro/attention. Having the freeze time spell helps a lot too, that gives you 5 seconds to mop up all the aggro with the Knight. I also had a secondary healer (by way of the Bard) that helped to buy some time and recoup from my mistakes.

Also, the knight's second abilities are quite good at managing swarms. You can either make them run in fear or hit a bunch at once, either way gets them off of your weaklings.

19. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Crash

yes boar crashes for me every fight so far.. other than that best game ive played on the iphone hands down. this is my favorite game period. and can only get better.

Side note. Quests would be OK kind of like Beat x mobs in a certain time or more forks in the road leading to different areas. secret hidden characters by moving over certain parts of the map etc.. secret shops would just make the game SO much better but damn near flawless as is.

20. Dr.Traveler

Dr.Traveler Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Yeah, I'm starting to see the Knight as one of the key members of the team. I just wish I could figure out why its my Monk catching all the attention. I think by stats he may have 1 additional point of AC, but he seems to take damage a lot faster than my knight.

I'll have to try it with the Wizard or Sorcerer to see how it goes. I want to try to catch up a "B" team of the classes I'm not currently using so that I can keep tabs on what options open over time for the classes. Bard wasn't that impressive at first, but now I think I can see he might be ok later.

BTW: Have you all started upgrading weapons and armor? I'm not finding much better stuff than what I currently have on, but I'm really early in the game and grinding. I was thinking it might be time to point some of the excess gold I have towards upgrades.