Battleheart by devs of Zombieville USA + OMG Pirates

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by aznriceboi13, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starcat

starcat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    it wasnt supposed to be a step by step. it was just a quick magical line.

for example if you wanted to get to a druid you had to go in that direction . you can keep leveling up as priest and become a High priest or something

i threw it togeather in 5 minutes what do you want from me ;)

2. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    1. can you ttry to not make the bosses impossible like in omg pirates?
    2. make sure the controls are perfect when releasing because in a line drawing game, it can get kinda annoying when your people take a long time to get to were the need to be.
    3. please make the rpg menu as simpal as possible.

3. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I think you misread my post, your characters don't change classes, they just grow in other ways. Its really semantics, I think you'll find that your parties can be quite diverse, even if not exactly in the manner starcat was proposing. You can spec your wizard into maximum damage and area-of-effect spells, or tailor him more towards controlling/disabling enemies, but we still just call that one "class" - wizard. Another game might have broken that into different names (storm mage or chaos wizard or whatever adjective sounds cool) but its pretty much the same idea. :)

The only cosmetic changes you'll see on their person is their weapon upgrades. Different characters of the same class will have partially unique art - they may have similar outfits but different heads, so if you have two wizards in the party they'll actually have distinct art. We had to draw the line somewhere or I'd be drawing characters for the next 10 years. :)

@Osujxu - difficulty curve is something we're being extra cautious of in this one, I know we made OMG Pirates! pretty punishing. It was a game of split-second timing and learning your enemies' tells, and that's not everybody's cup of tea. The ramp up (and overall spectrum of difficulty) should be a lot broader in Battleheart than either of our previous games, hopefully you wont be hitting any frustrating brick walls in this one.

4. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    the game sounds damn near perfect bro im not gonna lie. its everything one could want for the ipad.

my ONLY fear is that it wont be big enough.

i would love to see 100+ characters and 5000 spells. but im all about more is better. more ways to play through the game. more options more weapons more spells more more more.

ill pay 9.99 for this game if its huge.

Quests. feats... time trials..arenas..like a actual system of movement such as
    You come upon a fork in the road wich way do you go.. north is a castle south is a clearing etc.. god this could be SO EPIC.

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Oh, hey, I just remembered one of my biggest gripes with OMG!

Random Scored Survival Modes are my favorite form of play, and while I get that might not be in this game from the launch (no problem), I just furtively request you don't bury this Arena Mode at the end of the campaign or something. While I'm all for needing to work to access some of the game's goodies, PLEEEEEASE don't expect me to finish the game just to get this Score Survival Mode! If you really want to get to the best of both worlds, you could have some Arena Mode accessed fairly early in the game and then the EXTRA SUPER DUPER DELUXE SECRET SQUIRREL Mode of this gameplay unlocked at the end of the campaign but give me something early on!

Did you guys ever make OMG's Survival Mode unlocked PRE-Normal Campaign Completion and I missed it?

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Why not start off with the basic game and see how it sells? What would be the point of them locking themselves in a closet for years to make those 5,000 spells and 200 character classes to only make 7 sales?

More is not always better as there are many cases where a game with 1,000 weapon types sucks since you start losing the difference between each of the weapons. Like to me Alive 4-Ever, has buckets of weapons but I'm not really feeling the difference from one pistol to another.

7. starcat

Feb 7, 2010

because alive 4 ever sucks.. no creativity behind the weapons.

i never said they had to make the game bigger now. i just ment as long as they plan vast ammounts of contents ill pay 38 bucks for the game.

8. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Thank you for clarifying. I love the sound of everything! Being able to spec your character(s) with specific builds sounds sweet! I Can't wait for it to hit the App Store. :)

Will there be an option to name your party(i.e. "GodSon" [lvl. 2 Knight])?

9. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    so any idea when we can look forward to a submission? i would hate for this to be like super brothers where they annoinced it 11 years ago and im just now turning 32 and it wont be released until im 57

10. firebatstudio

firebatstudio Active Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Look so kool. I will buy it for sure.

11. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    Ive actually decided im not going to buy this game..

one look at this game pissed me off so much. there is no creativity. the graphics suck ass. im sure the music sucks. i hate rpgs and it just..doesnt look fun? i mean honestly whats the appeal?

oh ya todays opposite day as well.

screw this game and i wont support it. you sir will NOT have my money. and im going to ignore this game upon release.

12. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

They said on their Twitter by December (hopefully), so I'd go with that for now probably. I'm sure they'd like to get it out before the holidays if possible, to take advantage of the sales spike.

13. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Just wanted to drop in here and give a brief status update, and post a new screenshot of our inventory screen....

[​IMG]

Things are steadily cruising along, a December release is still the target, though if we go kinda hog-wild with boss battles that could push us out of the year.

It was asked earlier whether items would be purchased or dropped, and we've decided to go ahead and do both. Random (and potentially very good) items can be earned from battles, but if your luck is terrible then you can at least turn to the store to fill in the gaps in your party's gear. Furthermore, gold can be used to upgrade weapons/armor you already have, so if you feel like investing heavily in a favorite party member you can effectively pump up his/her stats with your cash.

14. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

15. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    I can't wait for this game! It looks so awesome!

16. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    It looks and sounds like a very organized/balanced/diverse system. Love it! Same goes with the screen. ;)

17. lazypeon

Patreon Bronze

#117 lazypeon, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    Really happy to hear about the drop system!

18. starcat

Feb 7, 2010
    zomg

this game looks frigging epic.

i just hope its long enough. thats always my first concern with games like this.. i tend to play it all day then before you know it games over and im like wtf!

but anyway this looks rediculous

19. Gravity Jim

Gravity Jim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Commercial music producer
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Release the Kraken!

Uh, no, wait... I meant... release the video. Yeah, that was it.

Or maybe it's best to wait til the SFX are done. What the heck's the matter with your audio guy, anyway? :rolleyes:

20. lazypeon

Patreon Bronze

I'm not expecting a 30 hour RPG epic out of this. From what I've seen, a lot of the time value will come from replayability -- different classes, different builds, combinations of characters, item drops -- more than a lengthy adventure. I could be wrong though.