Battleheart by devs of Zombieville USA + OMG Pirates

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by aznriceboi13, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    A couple more quick answers to questions:

If we have time, a necromancer is already at the top of my list of classes I'd like to add, though he probably won't make v1.0. The base set already includes some slightly less common fantasy archetypes (monk, witch/warlock, minstrel) so any added in further updates would probably be even more "out there." I actually really like the idea of a shapeshifter, consider it on the list. :)

The characters do display different art for different weapons, but not for their armor.

Gamecenter achievements is something we're looking into, but don't have it implemented yet.

Video is on the way, we'll certainly announce on twitter (@MikaMobile) and likely in this thread too when we have some footage to share in the coming weeks.

2. jwei44

jwei44 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    High School Graduating
    California
    This reminds me of Castle Crashers

3. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    mike mobile is awesome j

4. Chuchichäschtli

Sep 9, 2010
    Looks really cool! And yes, game center support would be awesome :)

5. Gravity Jim

Gravity Jim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Commercial music producer
    Santa Rosa, CA
    The music for Battleheart is, IMHO, one of the best scores I've done for anybody. Can't wait for MikaMobile fans to hear it.

In fact, I predict that Battleheart will create some new fans for MikaMobile. The game looks really sweet, with some familiar elements from many sources, but in an amalgam that feels really unique. Not too mention MM's trademark drop-dead slick animation.

6. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

So freaking excited for this game, based on the screenshots and concept alone. Definitely got the creative juices flowing about some future projects for me and how to expand on this concept. The art is terrific; can't wait to see videos of this thing in action.

7. Gravity Jim

Gravity Jim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Commercial music producer
    Santa Rosa, CA
    I've seen the videos. Believe me, from these, you're gonna plotz. Rip-snorting action, really killer effects animation.

Not to oversell it, but it looks awesome.

8. lazypeon

Patreon Bronze

9. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    These characters are so cute. Love the beady eyes.

10. benbenx

benbenx Active Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Oh mann this is just about something that catches my eye.
    Played Zombieville USA and OMG Pirates before, and they were really fun, thumbs up for the graphics as well.

Can't wait for this to drop onto the Appstore soon.

11. olio

olio Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    How's it progressing?

12. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    Things are going quite well. New enemies, playable characters, and special powers are being finished on a daily basis. That said, there's still a lot left to do, and plenty of balance/difficulty tuning left to be done. At least we're at a point now where 99% of the systems are functioning and we're just fleshing it out with more content.

I'll be posting some video in the next week or two, probably a montage of some of the cooler special moves.

13. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Will there be beta testing anytime soon? I would be happy to test I love Omg pirates and
    Zombieville USA!

14. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

@pgboy
    we'd all love to test, but i dont think mikamobile do open testing. (they havent for their last two games, as i recall)

@mikamobile
    can't wait for that montage!

15. pgboy

pgboy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Wah Wah Wah I really want to test this, to bad though, oh well I will buy it asap

16. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    Jak is correct, I'm afraid we already have our testing needs pretty well covered. You won't have to wait terribly long to get your hands on it though (I hope!)

17. lazypeon

Patreon Bronze

A few questions you might be able to answer (and perhaps some you can't :) ):

- I assume there will be bosses? If so, will bosses be fairly unique in terms of the strategy required to defeat them?

- Is new loot acquired randomly from enemies/bosses with varying rarity (think Dialblo) or is loot distributed through some other way (purchasing?)?

- Will parties be set at the beginning and you play through with that party until the end, or can you swap out parties on a per level/quest basis, depending on the enemy types?

- From the newest screenshot, we see the warrior has a different ability in the set of 3. Is it safe to assume each hero will get a pool of abilities, from which you pick 3 that you want to use?

- Any plans to include 'agro' mechanics found in MMO type games?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide. Haven't been this excited to see a game in a long time :) Looks so good.

18. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Loving your icon lazypeon.

19. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    From twitter:
    "Shooting for a December release, but there are almost always surprises, or features that take longer than expected or whatever..."

20. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    They can take as long as they need. I know this game will be great as OMG Pirates and Zombieville USA are. Thanks for sharing. ;)