Battleheart by devs of Zombieville USA + OMG Pirates

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by aznriceboi13, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    #1 aznriceboi13, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
    TA frontpage: http://toucharcade.com/2010/10/14/new-video-of-upcoming-battleheart-from-mika-mobile/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"Introducing Battleheart - a real-time tactical RPG coming to iOS!
    Q. Can you give a brief summary? What kind of game is it?
    A. It's hard to compare it to any one game, but it incorporates elements from RTS, tactical RPGs, and the simple "line drawing" games that the App Store has popularized. You take control of a party of heroes of various classes and engage in hectic real-time battles with evil creatures. Check out the screenshots, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Q. How do the controls work?
    A. You give your party commands by tapping and dragging them. Draw a line to tell your heroes to move somewhere, or attack or heal someone. It's all very quick and simple, and with a bit of practice you'll be directing your little army like a pro!

Q. Is there more to it than just drawing lines?
    A. Naturally! In addition to basic movement and attack commands, you can also tell your heroes to use certain special moves unique to their class. Select a party member by tapping them and their special moves are displayed in the top left corner. These include summoning meteors from the sky, powerful healing magic, turning your enemies into frogs, and other fun unique powers to help you fight against unrelenting waves of attackers.

Q. Can I customize my party?
    A. This is definitely our deepest game yet - you can customize your party of 4 heroes from a selection of 8 classes. Your allies grow in level and accumulate funds after each battle which can be used to upgrade their equipment. There is a skill system for customizing each class as well, where you choose between various powers (both active and passive) to suit your playstyle. There's a truly insane amount of possible party and power combinations.

Q. What about retina display, iPad, iOS 4 etc.?
    A. We got you covered. The game will be universal, and take advantage of the latest hardware for crisp visuals, multi-tasking, etc.

Q. Does it have a release date? Price?
    A. These details are still TBD. The goal is to release in time for the holidays, but we won't rush it if it's not done."

via http://www.mikamobile.com/game3_3.html

2. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    #2 da shiz wiz 19, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
    Knowing Mikamobile, this will be awesome. Can't tell that it's a strategy game from the screenshots really, looks more like a more castlecrashers-esque version of OMG Pirates.

3. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

This looks pretty impressive, Mika Mobile's games have yet to let me down so I'm really excited for this

4. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Yesssss!!! :d

5. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Mika Mobile = win.

6. randomisthehero

randomisthehero Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Florida
    #6 randomisthehero, Sep 22, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
    looking forward to hearing more about this,sounds like quite an interesting game!

*Edit
    Questions:

1.how many types are in the game?
    2.will the game be updated in the future to include more powers,enemies,allies,etc.?

7. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Hi folks, I see once again I've gotten here too late to make my own thread! Glad to see folks excited about the game, I'm really stoked about it and can confidently say its already our most polished product yet.

Once you see it in motion I think it'll be clear how it plays quite differently from a "castle crasher's" style game, or even our own OMG Pirates, despite the visual similarites. Rather than controlling a single player with buttons/joysticks, you control a small party of 3-4 units via taps and drags of your finger. Consider an RTS where you only control a small number of powerful units.

The strategy lies in how you configure your party between the 8 classes and dozens of active and passive powers they possess. As they level up, you choose new skills which when used properly help to control the chaos of the battlefield. Examples include spells that slow time or raise your defenses, poisons that paralyze enemies, or attacks that simply deal heavy damage to thin out the enemies numbers fast.

As for updates, it's too early to know, we're still figuring out what all will be in v1.0. The goal is to release it in a state where it hopefully doesn't need a lot of immediate updates! :) That said, we've learned a ton in the last year and have built this game with expandability in mind. We've taken steps throughout the dev process to make sure that its super easy to add new classes, monsters, etc.

8. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    MikaMobile + RPG = Win. That is all.

9. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    This game looks awesome, and although I love tactical RPGs, I would love even more to see your signature graphical style in a turn based RPG...Final Fantasy style. I know it would be a big undertaking, but I really hope that you guys will do something like that eventually, cuz I know for sure that coming from you guys, it will sell very well. I for one would pay a decent amount for a game like that. With that said, I really look forward to playing this when it comes out, and like your other games, it will most likely be an istabuy for me, which is not usually the case with most games!

10. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    I'm whith you man all the way..............lol:D:D:D

11. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Insta-Buy. :cool:

12. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    This game sounds good.

Good luck devs. :D

13. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    You took the words right out of my mouth

14. Kartel

Kartel Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Definitely gonna get this. I suppose it's too early for video?

15. thebleeptruth

thebleeptruth Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Nice!!! Really excited for this. I own both Zombieville USA and OMG Pirates. I enjoyed Zombieville USA more than OMG Pirates though! In fact, until around 2 months ago, I've still been playing Zombieville USA, and I've owned a copy of it ever since it's first week of release (I also bought OMG Pirates on release). That's heck of a long replayability. And I loved the major update on the characters. It says a lot about the dedication of the developer towards the game. I'll definitely be among the first buyers of this new game. I could only hope that the characters (or future characters in an update) aren't the typical classes like knight, priest, mage, etc. and comprise of interesting, cool, and seldom used classes, like maybe a Necromancer, Shape Shifter (my bad if they're already in the game!).

16. geb

geb Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2008
    Will there be game center support too?

17. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Do the characters show equipment changes as you upgrade their stuff?

18. camihq

camihq Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Finland
  19. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

eh, i dunno if this is my thing. i've loved both of mikamobile's previous apps, and i love RPGs, but i'm not sure about this strategy thing. aw heck, i'm interested anyway :p

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Interested and subscribed.