Universal BattleHeart 2 (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by solarnya, Jul 11, 2018.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Mika, big pet peave that you can't remove your weapon. If you want to trade your gear from tank to tank because your switching, you can, but for some inexplicable reason you need to have a dummy weapon to give your old tank since you can't remove weapons, only trade them. Is this a bug or were you trying to protect noobs from going weaponless? Either way, please fix, its a hassle.

chanpion13 likes this.
  2. Roger the Alien

Roger the Alien Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    Meteor Swarm casts 6 meteors, each dealing 200% weapon damage.

The skill Apocolyptic (that‘s the way it’s written) Storm increases the damage value for each meteor by 20%.

I have the following questions regarding The Pyromancer:

1. The skill Focus increases Skill Power by 15%.
    I assume this skill increases the meteor damage to 215% and not 230%.
    230% would be 200% (initial value) x 1,15 (Focus modifier).

2. Either way, why should I pick Apocolyptic Storm as Focus also increases the other 2 skills. Am I missing something?

3. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Skeletons gain 100% of Cyrus’ secondary stats from gear, including haste, lifesteal, crit, regen, etc. They don’t gain any temporary buffs though, so bard buffs and such don’t currently apply to his minions.

Solarclipse likes this.
  4. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    Short version - apocalyptic storm will add more damage to meteor specifically, but focus is probably more damage across the board and a good first choice. You can have both eventually anyway.

Long version: any talent that raises an ability by name, like apocalyptic storm, is raising the base damage before any other multiplier. So in the case of apocalyptic storm, your meteors are raised 20%, meaning they now strike for 240% each (20% of 200 = 40).

Now skill power (and all other % based increase) is another multiplication on top of that, so if you had 15% from talents or gear that would be 36 of 240, for a grand total of 276% power per meteor if you had both talents.

Any other percent based bonus, like a temporary buff from an ally, is added to your skill power before this multiplication happens, so hypothetically if you were under the effect of song of war’s 25% boost and had 15% skill power, that would be a 40% total multiplier over your base damage (40% of 240 = 96, or 336% power per meteor).

Hope that clarifies a bit.

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Enjoying the game but also wanted to ask @MikaMobile if there are any plans for a Battleheart Legacy sequel after this?

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Agreed, that should work: Go for the +Gold items asap, then keep stockpiling until you hit a wall and go shopping then.
    And didn't know that ~1600 is about as expensive as it gets. So far I've seen up to 1300 Gold, but I need quite some grinding (5-6 stages on average) to afford even one of them.

Also, what we are talking about is already optimised playing.
    1) This is something you cannot expect from your average non-hardcore player.
    2) I want to experiment on the go. That's what all the nifty stuff is for. However, if buying even one item just to give it a try is a severe setback for un-optimised play, something's not right in my book.
    3) There's all this interesting stuff on display, but it's quite an effort to get it.
    4) Legendaries are random, correct? Not something that supports a playstyle of using the same 4 heroes. Chances I get something that's useful for them aren't that high, I guesstimate. At 3000g (note again that Gold is quite the limiting factor here), even at 50% to get something extremely useful I'd be quite reluctant to give it a shot. Without working out some numbers beforehand, I'm even less inclined.
    5) In addition, sell value is a lot lower than buy value (half I think?), further discouraging experimentation. I'd make buy and sell prices identical, for player convenience and as incentive to try new things and swap equipment more frequently than what is possible currently.

7. Roger the Alien

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    Perfect explanation!
    Thank you for being that responsive.

8. Roger the Alien

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    I‘ve seen for example items for 2200 gold: https://imgur.com/a/2eQThaj

9. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #149 ArtNJ, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    I don't know for sure. I got a leather armor with +45 armor and +25% crit power, which means my bard has more armor than my tank. Indeed best tank armor I've seen so far is +44, costs 2090 gold so +45 is amazing for leather, and the crit is a bonus (assuming it works on bard heals). I got a cloth armor with +34 armor and +10 regen, which means my nec has about the same armor as my tank, and my skeletons benefit from high armor. So 2 for 2, both pretty much homeruns, stuff that helped a lot. Its kind of a balance...I need tank armor, better weapons and sexy trinkets, and can still do a ton with 20 skill points as well...but I have two items that will be strong for the whole game I think.

But maybe its possible to get dumb combos too.

10. Stevien Washington

Stevien Washington New Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    Hi MikaMobile, I’m wondering if damage resistances stack? Specifically talking about whether Cedric the Knight’s Shield Wall and Mint the Cleric’s Shield skills have their damage resistance stack together? So would Cedric receive 70%*60%=42% damage with both active? I can’t seem to find a difference when both skills are active. Thanks

11. usmoriazar

usmoriazar New Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    For the people interested, I created a discord so you can group to play online or simply discuss about the game : https://discord.gg/Tun4jhk

12. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    I don't get how the party level is supposed to operate. I get that there is a set level for everyone, but it really hurts characters you don't normally use. My party level is still low, level 6, but I decided to try a whole new team who have no new skills or items. The minimum battle for me was level 4. Really, it seem that you are going to have to powerlevel another character, which has limited appeal to me.

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks! Just hopped by to say hi.

Oh, and: Update to fix the Necro and Icemage is live already. Awesome job, @MikaMobile.

14. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Hey Mika,

Great game, a bunch of us in the Discord channel are having a blast playing 4 player multi. Much more fun to control 1 character properly instead of a mess with 4.

1. Multliplayer crashes a lot, 1 out of every 3 games

2. Please add character portraits asap to select character during play. They can be really small to not be intrusive, just so we can find our characters when swamped. If that will take a while, then getting the smart cover keyboard working so we can use # keys to select would be just as good.

Thank you!

ixloc likes this.
  15. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    #155 Jazzpha, Jul 13, 2018
    Party level is global and applies equally to all characters, whether you use them or not. Gear is really what makes each character stronger. If you stick to the first cluster of battles on the map, it should be doable with a fresh party so long as you play sharp. But if it's too hard, you can always use one "veteran" character and three newbies to shore up your chances. That's what I'm thinking of doing, at least.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I should've worded this better, I think. My guess is the optimal strategy is to use your most powerful party to get gold to buy advanced gear for your lesser-used characters, so then all you need to do is get their active skills unlocked and they're good to go.

RPG Geek likes this.
  16. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    Yea, should be additive. There is a minimum damage per hit though so if you’re getting hit by a lot at once it may be hard to appreciate a difference.

17. ixloc

ixloc New Member

Sep 28, 2012
    https://discord.gg/kXPStk

This one was already created earlier up in the thread. Feel free to join!

18. Szei

Szei Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Pianist
    #158 Szei, Jul 13, 2018
    So I've played this game for around 3 hours so far and it is a lot of fun. Just a few suggestions:
    1. Use Skill and Stat Icons for Passive Talents Instead of Roman Numerals : It becomes tedious clicking through all the Passive Talents trying to find the ones I want to improve certain Active Skills or stats. Replacing the Roman numerals with icons corresponding to the Active Skills or stats they buff I imagine wouldn't be a difficult change since you already have all the art assets and would make it much easier to navigate the passives quickly.
    2. Have a Number on Skills with Multiple Charges Showing # of Remaining Charges : This way you always know how many charges of a skill you have available. Right now you can't tell if you have 1 or 2 charges left. Also, I don't really understand how the charges work. I'm guessing that each charge has its own cooldown?
    3. Display Detailed Stats : This is somewhat related to the next point. It can be difficult to really know how strong your character is when you cannot see all their stats
    4. Have a Reference Page with Descriptions of each Stat : It's hard to make educated decisions on what items to buy or passives to go for when you don't know what all the stats do. It would be nice to have a reference somewhere which describes all the stats. Additionally a Reference Page would be a good place to describe how some of the mechanics work in more detail. For example, this explanation:
    It would be really useful to have this kind of information in the game. This was one of my biggest complaints with the previous BattleHeart games; Not knowing how the different skill and stat bonuses worked together made it harder to make the right decisions.

Other than that, I am really enjoying your latest game! Thank you for continuing to put out premium games without ads and iAP. I really appreciate it. I have bought and will continue to buy all of your games.

EDIT : Also I was wondering, for the Necromancer's skeletons, how are their base stats determined? I saw you post that they get 100% of the additional stats but what about their Power, Armor, and Health? Do the Skeletons get buffs from other characters like the Bard's Song of War? I guess they might indirectly because it buffs the Necro's stats which also may influence the skeletons. Or does it buff the skeletons directly? Or perhaps the skeletons don't benefit at all?

19. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Ah I got spoiled by good luck, my third legendary was a Gloomblade, +40 power, +5 rewind that so far I've only found Samurai can use it.

Whats the Samurai's deal? Someone said he is a tank, but he comes with leather. He does have that immunity/counter skill. I could sub him in for Frost Mage but I'd lose cc unless Samurai has.

20. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    @MikaMobile need to balance the characters in battleheart2. I tend to prefer only certain characters. Anyway, it is fun. thank.