Universal BattleHeart 2 (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by solarnya, Jul 11, 2018.

1. MikaMobile

MikaMobile Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #121 MikaMobile, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Yup, already addressed. Update might even hit tonight since it just switched to "in review" status a short while ago. They've really sped things up over there.

EDIT: the update was just approved, should be hitting the store in the next 1-2 hours

raravan and dukat111 like this.
  2. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    How long is the game, roughly? The answer may be in the forum somewhere but I’d rather not go through and read everything. Bahaha. Based on the explanation of the game it sounds like it might be a bit short . Not that that’s too bad since I see plans for expansions . It’s just something I’m curious about with any game.

3. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Does leveling up increase the base stats of your team members, even those not currently selected?.. so say I'm level 8 and never used the knight before, if I bring them into my party they benefit from me being level 8, it's not like they're level 1 because I never used them before?

4. dukat111

dukat111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Couldn't find one so I created one.
    https://discord.gg/NJKmrW7

5. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    Not sure if anyone has already cleared it besides me, but when I did my own test and tried to go as fast as possible, I clocked in at about 9 hours. That was with absolutely no experimenting with party comp or talents, just a focused beatdown as quickly as I could go over the course of a few days. Tinkering with hero setups and gearing, and failing the occasional battle will add to the time accordingly, and if you're the sort who likes playing through a game with different setups, I think you'll find a lot to keep you busy.

6. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    Yes it does, they gain a little power, armor and health just from their level.

7. Roger the Alien

Roger the Alien Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    The update was released.
    I reported the Hypothermia bug and you fixed it in less than 24 hours.
    Awesome.

8. Roger the Alien

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    @MikaMobile, could you explain the design choice why it isn‘t possible to replay boss battles? I loved to replay them in Battleheart 1, especially the slime boss. It took you so much time to implement them and they are so unique.

Do you still consider the druid to be a shapeshifter? That would be great.

I am no app store expert, do I have to rate the game again and again after each update? I already rated it before the update - 5 STARS

PS. I really liked the old skill system, it was interesting and fun to change your active skills for each hero.
    5 active skills for each hero was really cool but lets do some math.

Amount of heroes x Amount of active skills
    Battleheart 1 after release total active skills: 8 x 5 = 40
    Battleheart 2 after release total active skills: 12 x 3 = 36

Well, you plan to release 4 additional heroes
    Battleheart 1 after updates total active skills: 10 x 5 = 50
    Battleheart 2 after updates total active skills: 16 x 3 = 48

No complain here, just interesting to see this change

9. Roger the Alien

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    I‘d like to add that Conflagration (Pyromancer) also won‘t hurt those blue fire skulls, don‘t waste this skill on them.

10. MikaMobile

Feb 14, 2009
    Regarding replaying boss fights...
    After you defeat the final boss, all of the bosses start randomly reappearing on the map as max level versions of themselves.

You don't have to re-rate the app every time I patch it. Your rating will stick with it forever unless I CHOOSE to flush the current rating because it no longer reflects the latest version. Seeing as its off to a nice start, I doubt I'll be doing that.

You're absolutely right that there are essentially more active skills in BH1, even if some of the old ones are kinda "meh". Time stop and blizzard are practically the same spell with a very small tweak, frenzy and enrage for the barb were basically just two things you mashed together (they even used the same visual effect). All 5 of the BH1 rogue skills are actually in this game in the form of talents - the old shadowstep ambush skill is a modifer for sneak attack, and paralytic toxin just turns your throwing knife into both of the old versions in a single skill.

In general I think you'd agree there's more potential builds in this game within a single character, and therefore within a group as well. You can take Kaimani and invest heavily into flame lash, stack tons of rewind chance, and have him be a machine gun of single target blasting, sometimes randomly ripping off 5 in a row. Or, you can invest in mass aoe by buffing his meteor swarm and go for more reliable skill boosts like skill haste and power. These kind of stark specializations weren't really possible in BH1.

dukat111 and L.Lawliet like this.
  11. thommat

thommat Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Anybody tried buy box with legendary item? Is it worth it?

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    @MikaMobile

Random other request but could we get an option to rename our save files? I had no idea it showed on multiplayer and now I have a weird / embarrassing name on there that I used for fun. I can't find any way to alter it. It would be also good to allow renaming in case people accidentally use their real name and didn't want to use that to play publicly. Thanks!

13. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I got armor for bard that is way better then I could get from the shop, and way better then my knight is using at level 15. Since he gives some of that armor to everyone via a bonus talent, it was a huge boost.

I'd wait till your done with the 2nd boss though.

14. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #134 ArtNJ, Jul 13, 2018
    I'm at 8 1/2 hours and not yet done with the 3rd boss. Lots of time looking around and thinking about whether to unlock this talent or buy that item in the shop. Its not so much experimenting with characters, its knowing whats important. I can't imagine anyone but Mika will get done nearly that quickly.

Mika: do skeletons get part of buffs like lifesteal and haste or just the base stats?

15. Mumumomo

Mumumomo Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Hi, the game is really great. Thanks for that.
    Quick question : i have the feeling that the necromancer passive « withering grasp » is not working as intended (no slow effect when skeletons/necro attacks). Could you please confirm?

16. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    So I tried the arena for the first time yesterday and got dunked on by the first wave— it wasn’t pretty. I definitely appreciate that it’s a higher-level challenge to work forward to!

It’ll also be nice to use it as a way to earn skill points for less-used characters via “power-leveling” in the arena with a higher-power team.

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I got stuffed the first run too, but a few minutes later the second run I got to wave 5, so don't worry about it. My high is now 9, but I don't particularly think your plan is a good one -- the arena is not the best place to earn loot. Rather, separate runs are best because you can stack the relevant +% items. At level 16, I got 11 shards from one mission, far more than you get from arena. Arena is fun though.

18. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Oh, that makes sense. Thanks! I didn't know how rewards scaled per wave in the Arena, so I was imagining exponential growth in the payouts. And your point about stacking the %-boosting items is a good one, as well.

And yeah, I remember the random wave layout in Arena being a kiss of death in Legacy as well. Sometimes you got wolves and bats for three waves in a row, and sometimes the first wave was a trio of black liches. Seems that's back again!

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male

After ~5.5 hours of playing I think I can safely say that Gold is in rather short supply, especially compared to Skillpoints and Crystals.
    Yes, it does pay off to focus on one of the three when choosing which stage to play. But even with going for Gold to a large extent, I am at least 2 tiers behind on equipment - comparing what I have and what currently is on offer at level 14.

@MikaMobile I'd recommend to at least double all Gold rewards. Provided that you want to reduce Gold grind, of course.

Oh, and I am curious what the max cost for skills is. My Warpriest just hit 20 SP for the next skill, with 5 of 20 already unlocked.

20. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #140 ArtNJ, Jul 13, 2018
    Put 2-3 + gold backpacks on your healer/ranged. At level 16, I've gotten 700+ gold from one mission. Keeping in mind that the best items I've seen in the shop are 1600 gold aside from the legendary box, seems totally fine to me. I've tried to avoid buying too many items in general and instead bought 2 legendaries, both of which are nice armors that feel worth it. It doesn't take a long time to get the mats for the legendary boxes if you wait till the missions are yielding nice rewards.