Universal BattleHeart 2 (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by solarnya, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    That's one of the strongest points of BH2, in my opinion:
    Pretty much every approach works.
    Of course, details depend on your party setup and playstyle. But in general, going for XP-rewards anytime you can is just as valid as e.g. making stages with item rewards your primary target.

That said, my impression so far is that Skillpoints give the best bang for the buck until you hit the "20 or 30 skillpoints for next new skill" threshold, depending again on your party and playstyle.
    E.g. I am currently playing Cedric, Necro, Bard, Cleric and focus primarily on getting more skills that boost everyone - to get more mileage out of the Necro's Skeletons.

With a party that gets its power mainly from autoattacks with some skills thrown in, going for XP rewards to levelup faster works just as well - every levelup also gives you a statboost (I didn't note down the numbers, though).

And going for Crystals to powerup your Trinkets - and weapons/armour to a lesser degree - works just as well.
    As does mixing resources, or focusing on gaining Gold to buy better items.

However, no matter which approach you take, you'll reach a tipping point where the costs vastly exceed the rewards you can get at your current powerlevel. That's where it makes sense to switch focus to another resource area where you have some catching-up to do. Example:
    Let's say I focus primarily on Gold to buy better equipment as fast as I can. My above-mentioned party is level 12 now, and the average price for the next equipment tier is 640 Gold by now, and the next price jump is right around the corner. But the best Gold rewards I can get currently are ~300-350 Gold per stage. So I need 2 or 3 stages for a single piece of equipment.
    Now, I still have a bunch of +0 and +1 equipment. So it makes sense to me to go for Crystals for a bit and upgrade those. First Crystal enchantment tier is pretty cheap, and I can easily improve one, sometimes two, items per run.
    When I am done with that upgrade cycle (enchantment costs explode pretty fast) I think I'll switch to getting XP for a bit to catch up in levels: Frost Warlord boss is level 18, so I am 6 levels behind that currently.

WjndWalk3r likes this.
  2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #342 Nullzone, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    @RedDeluxe With a level 8 party you should be able to curbstomp the first boss.
    Can you post your difficulty level and party setup (heroes, skills, items)? Pretty sure the good folks here can give you some advise then.
    And you can always ask for help on the BH2 Discord (link is somewhere upthread).

The 2 hours are pretty ok for normal difficulty. For my speedrun attempt with Rynn, Barbie, Thief, Warpriest on Normal I noted down:
    "Beat him at the 1:30hours mark, with room to spare. Lvl 5 party with tier-1 equipment."
    However, I had already completed my first playthrough where I took significantly longer (was testing out stuff). So I had a good idea already what I wanted to do in terms of advancement. Also, this party is quite good at dishing out damage and tanking (early/midgame at least), so I am quite certain I had an easier time than with, say, Bard/Cleric/Witch/Samurai.

3. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    #343 Laenor, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    The game is great but honestly, arena rewards could probably be slighlty increased at sub-100 level
    Beating 30 waves now rewards about 20-30crystals / 1000-1400 gold / 40 skill points with +60% trinkets..

I m looking at one hell of a grind if i m ever to upgrade my team

4. trapper700

trapper700 New Member

Jan 26, 2011
    I’ve been enjoying the game, but I greatly dislike how pretty much all the recent changes have been nothing but nerfs. I greatly dislike it when developers nerf particular advantages given to players in single player (or multiplayer coop) games such as this one, for the sake of “balance.” I’ve got 15 hours in the game logged and I can’t even imagine how much progress I wouldn’t be making if I didn’t stop updating my app before they nerfed the arena rewards that first time.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but part of the appeal of this game for me is making my characters stronger and stronger, but with every successive change Mika Mobile makes, it feels like they’re trying to take that away from me. Or at the very least, greatly slow down the pace at which it happens, making it even more of an unfun grind of repetition.

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Seriously? I got more than that before the patches, and from beating up to stage 27 only, with +28% Gold and +15% Knowledge in total.
    @MikaMobile: Up to at least stage 30 progress from Arena felt pretty ok. Still tedious, but rewarding. E.g. my best runs (up to stage 27) always gave enough to buy a new Legendary - that felt just about right.
    Quite sure Laenor, Trapper700 and I aren't the only ones who would like to have that back.
    Only hardcore players get past 100 anyways, maybe even 50 is the "hardcore threshold" already.
    So, balance that back to what it was before, please?

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I was going to hold off on updating myself but then the changes that add the selectable character portraits enticed me. I could resist. But I've spent probably 4-5 hours on the game and can only reach wave 6 or so -_- And that was tough for me. I can't imagine hitting wave 30.

7. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Hey guys and gals. Quick question - can someone kindly explain what rewind does? I haven’t been able to figure it out yet. Thanks in advance!✌

8. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Rewind is Instant Cooldown, i.e. a percentage chance that using a skill won't trigger its cooldown timer, allowing you to use it again instantly. So if you were to get your Rewind up to 50% (the in-game cap), you'd have a 50% chance to not trigger a cooldown whenever you use a skill.

This is a particularly powerful stat to invest in for characters that have hard-hitting skills (Pyromancer, the other magic users) or skills that are incredibly powerful in certain situations (Samurai).

Hope that helps!

9. WjndWalk3r

WjndWalk3r Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Grinding the team to lv15 and i realize the healing stat is not increase the healing power of healer lol xD

10. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Got it!! Thanks a bunch!

Jazzpha likes this.
  11. Roger the Alien

Roger the Alien Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    I hope Mikamobile will appear again.
    A lot of questions were asked.

12. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    Actually it seems like the threshold to start getting kinda-significant rewards is around wave 25-30. Each wave is about 300 gold / 8-10 crystals / 5 tomes with 66%+ loot
    It s a bit harsh I think, but manageable..

13. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    QQ: What is the effect of the knowledge stat?
    Edit: Went ahead and bought the egg. Got a nice explanation on the equip screen. Boosts XP and skill point gain.

14. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    I'm now up to +95% Knowledge/Wealth thanks to 8 rings.
    I'll steadily improve one of the rings until it single handedly provides +200 Knowledge/Wealth... and replace the trinkets one after another wth other, more useful trinkets.

It's only gonna require 9000 Crystals to upgrade the ring 185 times.... with about 80-100 Crystal per run, I don't even want to think about it.

Meanwhile, the skill tomes will be spent on upgrading the characters skills, I've still got a lot of upgrades to do for my 4 main characters team.

15. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Samuel’s weapon club cannot be purchase from store? How about the legendary weapon?

16. DavidDarko

DavidDarko Active Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    I've seen non legendary weapons in the shop for Samuel.
    Samuel has three legendary items you can buy from the legendary caches.
    Trauma (+5Crit/ +40 Power)
    Hammer of the Nameless Giant (+25% Skill Power/ +40 power)
    Inquisitor's Doorknocker (+5% Rewind/ +40 Power)

17. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Sooooo.... who wants to show me what multiplayer is all about and drag me up a dozen levels?

18. starfly3r

starfly3r Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    can anyone list all the legendary items out?? How many does it consist of? Thx

19. Laenor

Laenor Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    Paris, France
    #359 Laenor, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    There are probably 30 or so items.

Seems like there's 3-4 of each armor/weapon used by multiple classes (Plate, swords, staves..) and 2-3 of each of these that are used by single classes (IE - Strings for the bard)

Actually, see : http://battleheart2.wikia.com
    3 of each kind of armor (3 type of armor) => 9
    3 of each kind of weapon (8 type of weapons) => 24
    = 33 items.

20. calvinscott

calvinscott Active Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Does the co-op multiplayer support crossplatform ? Been trying to play with my brother, me on android, and my bro on ios, no luck so far