Universal BattleHeart 2 (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by solarnya, Jul 11, 2018.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #301 nyanpass, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Okay. Come Here. :)
    I wait for you. ;)
    (I'll wait about ten minutes.)

[​IMG]

*edit: It appears that the connection is not smooth.

[​IMG]

2. Roger the Alien

Roger the Alien Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    I am ready

nyanpass likes this.
  3. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
  4. DavidDarko

DavidDarko Active Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    Does anyone have issues with games disconnecting when playing with more than 2 players? Every time i get a third player in the party, we start a game and then it disconnects us.

5. M4dmartigan

M4dmartigan Member

Jul 16, 2018
    Male
    Hey, if anyone wants to get power leveled, this is what I’m rocking:

F6DBA8AC-FDFE-4C6C-8159-74EFF270C821.jpeg

Sevallis and DavidDarko like this.
  6. DavidDarko

DavidDarko Active Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    i don't need power level but i do need some gems and skill books!

Room Channel?

7. M4dmartigan

M4dmartigan Member

Jul 16, 2018
    Male
    How about TouchArcade6

I’ll be there in 2 min.

DavidDarko likes this.
  8. DavidDarko

DavidDarko Active Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    Sweet! Ready when you are!

M4dmartigan likes this.
  9. M4dmartigan

M4dmartigan Member

Jul 16, 2018
    Male
    Ok, confirmed, scaling rewards in arena are dead and gone. For the best.

10. DavidDarko

DavidDarko Active Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    how far did you get in arena and what were the rewards like?

11. M4dmartigan

M4dmartigan Member

Jul 16, 2018
    Male
    #311 M4dmartigan, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    I went to 133, and the scaling has totally been altered. My suspicion is that it has been changed from a scaling system to a system that caps the high end at maybe 600 and the low end at maybe 200, and then it does a random roll to determine your reward for the wave. While it takes a lot of the intensity out of trying for harder waves, it's better than the fubar scaling from before. Overall I'd say arena needs some serious work. The waves aren't varied enough, it all blends together into a blur of sameness. That said, it's a 4 dollar game, and for what it is we get plenty of value. I don't know if Mikamobile intends to support this on a deep level - they did mention adding some classes later on in the year, but who knows if the existing game will be altered very much, if at all.

I think that the core system of battleheart is beautiful. But there is so much potential room to expand on it - different enemy types, different attacks - think affixes from diablo 3. I realize that's an insane amount of work and completely unreasonable to ask of such a small developer, but I can't help it, I'm a dreamer dangit.The playground is there, but I find myself yearning for more toys to play with. This is all my opinion, but I truly believe if Mikamobile developed this game iteratively, like how early access games come out with further updates, they could have a killer app on their hands. The game is absolutely juicy to look at, the art style is infectious, and the world makes me want to stay. There is even multiplayer, which is a good deal of fun in local coop, somewhat less so with Internet randoms, though that can be worked around. However, the almost total lack of story and the depth of the combat are key areas holding it back from the greatness I believe it deserves.

As it stands now, I got a solid 30 hours out of the game, and I am a happy customer. I give it a solid 7/10, would buy again. In fact I did buy it again for my brother.

Yeah, I'm a lonnng time fan of battleheart and Mikamobile in general. No matter what ends up happening with BH2, you just keep 'em coming, baby.

JGary321 and DavidDarko like this.
  12. DavidDarko

DavidDarko Active Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    anyone up for some multi player?

nyanpass likes this.
  13. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Good game but a bit short.

On a side note, this drains my iPhone X battery really fast and makes the phone warm

14. Roger the Alien

Roger the Alien Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2017
    Germany
    New update arrived.

nyanpass likes this.
  15. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #315 nyanpass, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    I'll wait about ten minutes. Please join my boss battle. I will play only one character. XD

*Edit: See You Next time~ ;)

16. DavidDarko

DavidDarko Active Member

Jul 13, 2018
    Male
    sorry @nyanpass i'm at work right now. Probably won't be able to multiplay T_T

nyanpass likes this.
  17. Scarletti

Scarletti Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Really like the new interface option for character portraits. Much easier to select. Thanks.

18. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #318 Solarclipse, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Just did some testing and confirmed that wealth+ items (satchel, ring of avarice) ALSO increase crystal rewards, and that knowledge+ items (eggs, ring of avarice) ALSO increase talent rewards.

I felt like the rings were a much better deal at first, but after level 25 or so its better to switch out the eggs or satchels according to the quest's rewards.

I have been playing with the Samurai, Barbarian, Witch, and Bard. The bard makes it so I can pretty well spam the Witch's soul crush ability, so there is a nice synergy there. But it pins the bard into always being in a song of peace, pretty much. Maybe I could do the and a dark knight sharing life drain instead of the bard... I do like being able to have the Samurai and Barbarian fly across the screen to attack, although I am thinking about the thief and his expose weakness skill as being really valuable, because the Samurai and Barbarian are pretty similar, with the Samurai being a little more tanky.

19. wolpak

wolpak Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2011
    Love the new interface. Great way to switch to party members and see their health. Can we suggest more? Maybe show their status? Like, if they are currently engaging an enemy out a little sword on their icon. If they are twiddling their thumbs, do nothing. If they are status affected, make them green?

Sevallis likes this.
  20. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Question to @MikaMobile -

Wouldn't it be nice if we could disenchant items (above common) to get crystals?

Maybe not a fixed no. of crystals but "X%" chance to get "X" crystals depending on the rarity of the gear.