Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Confirmed for iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Firestar, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    True, but I don't think it's really acceptable for a big company such as EA to bring out a game with substandard graphics. Especially when you look at all their recent games that have had great graphics such as FIFA 11, Mirror's Edge, Madden NFL 11 etc.
    I know it will sell like crazy when it gets released. But that's also why I'm worried. It could be possible that EA knows the game will sell extremely well because of the reputable name, and therefore isn't putting as much effort into it as they could. It just looks rushed.

2. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Can't argue with that. Let's hope EA proves us wrong. :cool:

3. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    Well, if this game has more weapons and destructible environments I would think that the graphics might be worse. Also, the maps seem larger and the draw distance looks farther.

4. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
  5. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    Hey, I wouldn't be making assumptions as of yet. Wait until we see some gameplay footage. Then you can talk. Without retina the 2 look about equal, and we haven't seen BC2 with retina yet either.

6. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    If I have to trade lower graphics for a greater draw distance, then no problem.

I think alot of people complaining are use to MW2 where the maps are so small using a sniper rifle is useless. BF maps have been typically huuugge to alow flanking and what now. Sniper rifles have bullet drop over great distances etc. Im not saying thats all included in this, but if its the tradeoff then bring it on.

Would you prefer:
    1. Uber Graphics + shortarse draw distance+smaller maps
    2. Mediocre graphics+larger draw distance+larger maps?

Its not like we can buy new video cards for our iDevices.

I could care less about graphics as long as the maps are large and allow for tactical gameplay.

On PC FPS games competitive guys (including me when I wasnt married haha) turned down the graphic options anyway to maximize FPS.

7. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    If you really look at the two images. the polygon detail is nearly the same with the exception of increased texture resolution/detail. Modern Combat can get away with that because of the map sizes currently offered. It doesn't take a genius to know that some detail may have to be sacrificed to offer a bigger gaming space to closely match their PC counterparts as best as possible.

8. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    guys you cant compared the screenshots to games cause they are too low detailed wait for actuall gameplay footage and then we can compare them

9. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    I think battlefield has always had blurry grafix even on the ps3 and xbox, I think it will be blurry on the iPhone as well, it's always seemed to lack the pollish that cod has.

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Honestly, why are we even in an argument about something as trivial as graphics? I'm just appreciative that such a huge FPS is being ported to the iPhone, rather than complaining that the graphics aren't as amazing as Modern Combat 2's.

As long as the game plays fine and I can see what's going on, who gives a crap about how nice it looks? It's an added bonus for me, rather than such a huge point to argue over.

11. iDRevolution

iDRevolution Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    ahahahaha youre a joker! :D:D:D:D
    lack of polish cod has?
    i bet you didnt buy BFBC2

12. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I've played BFBC2 and MW2 and MW2 definitely has more polish. But that's not to say it's a better game. The gameplay of BFBC2 makes it superior, despite the lack of polish.

13. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    Well, if battlefield bc2 decreased the map size, took away vehicles, took away destructible environments, and 24+ online multiplayer, it would definitely have the polish of modern warfare 2. However, I'm willing to make the trade off. I play BFBC2 on my ps3 way more than MW2.

Which is really better? It's really up to whomever to decide.

14. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    It looks blurry because the game is running at 720P resolution on a 1080P TV. The PS3 and XBOX aren't powerful enough to run the game at 1080P resolution, so everything looks blurry.

On the Pc, if you play it at the same resolution as your monitor, it wont look blurry at all, however if you set the resolution lower, it will lag less, but it will look blurry.

15. Ipadboy

Ipadboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Behind your mother
    #115 Ipadboy, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
    taco

16. Derochea72

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    I did not play BFBC2 because I wasn't totally happy with the first one, I'm not saying it's a bad game, it's just not as good as COD for my liking. It seems to be missing something that I can't put my finger on. However I am very eager to see it running on the iPhone4 and I will be DL as soon as it's available because it might play well and I'm not going to knock it until I try it.

17. Theta-Omega

Theta-Omega Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Classified
    It is a completely different game compared to BC1. I'd go so far as to say it's better than MW2, depending on the Maps and Teams of course. Anyways, yeah, if you never played BC2, I'd get this to see what it's like.

18. Derochea72

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    I'll have to give it a try sometime but not soon, medal of honor comes out this week and cod black ops in about 3 weeks, I don't think I'll have anymore money after them but eventually I will try BC2.

19. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    If you enjoy tricking out your rifle and killing as many people as you can before you die at a breathtaking 60 frames per second? Modern warfare 2 all the way.

If you like flying a blackhawk with 4 other buddies wreaking havoc with the Vulcan mini-guns, then parachuting out of your soon-to-crash, spinning chopper with guns blazing, knifing an enemy and stealing his dogtags, then setting 6 c4 explosives on the outer wall of a 2-story structure and detonate it down to the ground killing your enemies inside, then get your ammo refilled by an assault-class team-mate only to be blown away by a tank shell directed at your face, and when you think it's all over, you are suddenly revived by a medic to endure a mortar drop from a sniper so far in the hills you have to hitch a ride just to get within shooting range.

Call of duty whores will never understand.

20. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    I am surprised nobody has mentioned controls. The only developer that gets swipe-to-look controls right is gameloft. I have to use tilt on COD zombies.
    If EA screws the controls, nothing else will matter.

Also, gameloft has their engine. RAGE and UNREAL will help bring console-like experiences but are relatively new. The question is, does EA have the Frostbite engine running on iPhone? If not, I doubt this game will be anything like the ps3 version of BFBC2.

Don't forget, even though some will disagree with me, EA doesn't really put out the best quality games, especially for the iPhone. It's as if they use the franchise names to spark interest, put out a really half-assed, mobile version of it (I'm looking at you NFS: Shift), and then never support or update the app ever again. Example: sim city/sim city deluxe. Those of you that are senior members here know what I'm talking about.