Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Confirmed for iPhone

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Firestar, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iphoneapps

Iphoneapps Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Germany
    Wow, that's more then amazing! I own the Pc version and it is the best shooter that is ever produced. I need to buy it for iPhone :)

2. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Has anyone else noticed all the bitching going on in the comment section of the IGN article?

3. Donovan1209

Donovan1209 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    That's because the BC2 picture was taken on an old iPod Touch/iPhone. Not on a new one with retina like the MC2.

4. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yes, and that's why MC: Black Pegasus looks so much better.
    Surely IGN would release retina display screenshots if the game supports retina display?

5. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    It's probably still under heavy development, but I'm sure it'll look great when it's done. I also hope it supports iPod Touch 2g

6. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah, hopefully the graphics will improve, but keep in mind that this is due to be released in November. If those are the final graphics then it's bound to support the iPod Touch 2G.

7. kiranb28

kiranb28 Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I'm really having a lot of fun with MC2 online; it's crazy to realize that such a quality game is available for me to play anywhere, anytime on the go.

8. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    YEEEEEEES!

I actually cannot wait for this. Although I only played the first Bad Company, this is still exciting. I did play BC2 Multiplayer and that was fun, so if done well, it will be immense!

9. BDTech

BDTech Active Member

Oct 4, 2010
    BC2 Display

Wonder if it will be optimized for the retina display. If so, it will look sick and work potentially better on the iPad (more visibility).

About time. It's lonely being a Battlefield fan on the Mac platform.

Glad DICE is kicking this into high gear. Anyone heard a release date?

10. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

There are some rumours of it, and apparently its in their lineup before xmas, but I doubt that now. I'm actually quite surprised they announced this rather than MoH. With that launching on consoles, it would seem like a great idea to launch the iPhone version alongside it.

IGN can only put up what EA supplies them with. I assume EA only supplied non-retina screenshots, but that doesn't mean a retina version doesn't exist. Also has anyone considered that maybe EA/Dice took the decision to lower the graphics to improve performance of other things like enemy AI, destructible objects, framerate etc.

11. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Personally, I don't care if the graphics are a bit bad as long as gameplay and effects are good and multiplayer is awesome.

12. Firestar

Firestar Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2009
    Student/Programer
    Wellington, New Zealand
    In terms of retina display support, remember this is EA, the same company who pushed it as a big feature for Mirror's Edge and FIFA 11.

At any rate, so long as I can see what's happening I don't mind if the graphics aren't as good as the latest iPhone games. To be honest, I almost prefer these screenshots, MC2 looks slightly plasticy to me.

13. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    If the MP here closely resembles the console versions, ain't nobody going to be complaining about lesser graphics. Trust me. However, i have my doubts when it comes to how well the iDevice version will mimmick the console version

14. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    [​IMG]
    the background of the image looks 2D ..
    i also hope that this is just low res image from older device
    btw no joystick? (please no tilting to move forward!)

15. wythesyn

wythesyn Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Oswego, New York
    or these could be old photos that EA gave ign, at least I hope so. Still not bad looking though.

16. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    +1, never thought it would happen

17. Donovan1209

Jan 28, 2010
    United States
    $5 Activision puts a real Call of Duty game on here to compete (ie: MW2 or Black Ops)

18. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Activison sold WAW: Zombies, one map, for 9.99, and additional maps for 4.99. This probably went on for nearly a year before there was ever a significant sale. There is no way in hell that Activision would sell a complete Call of Duty package for 9.99 or less. No way.

I'm shocked EA would sell a complete Battlefield package, likely for 9.99. But, like I said, no other multi-console dev is more committed to iOS development then EA. In that sense, it's still surprising, but perhaps not utterly shocking.

Activision selling a true Call Of Duty came for a price that would be considered competitive within the Appstore pricing structure, that would be stunning.

I cannot imagine a full Call of Duty, including MP and SP Campaign, being sold for less than 19.99. They've released two COD games on the DS and both sold for 39.99 when they first came out.

I cannot say it's 100 percent impossible, but to me it seems unlikely.

19. I would instabuy either one...

20. iDRevolution

iDRevolution Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Canada
    black ops already coming on iphone