Universal Battledots (by Kloppe Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ragno, Apr 29, 2015.

1. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    I like the strategic balance in this game; it feels like it has a complex paper-scissors-rock hierarchy in which different strategies beat other different strategies; there is no overpowered strategy, each has it's own weaknesses and advantages.
    I'm not very far in, and already finding the game quite difficult; you have to respond carefully, quickly, to how the opponent plays. Sometimes it might work just to spam - but sometimes you need to look closely to when they send out bombs, and make sure you counter it correctly.
    With each new mechanic the amount of strategies increases exponentially - my personal favorite is a bomb followed by an hourglass, spam behind - but the switcher really changes things dramatically, and I still find it difficult to recover from an enemy using it.
    It's quite a brutally difficult game! But the presentation is crisp, even if the colors feel a little - dull? - and it's addictive to just the right level, which is, I guess, the most important thing! :)
    I'm surprised this game hasn't received a lot of attention. I guess it's because it seems quite shallow from first looks - but I'd encourage people to make the small investment of $1, take a bit of time to see how the game really opens up - and I'm sure they'll fall in love with it, just as I have. :)

2. Ragno

Ragno Well-Known Member

Thanks for your great feedback! :D

We have now also submitted Version 1.01 to the App Store, let`s hope it doesn`t take too long to approve...
    It includes several improvements and bugfixes for the online multiplayer mode.

3. Ragno

Ragno Well-Known Member

Thanks! :)

4. Ragno

Ragno Well-Known Member

Battledots 1.01 for iOS is now finally available :D
    Issues with Multiplayer should now be fixed, if you still experience some, please let me know. Thanks!