iPad Battlecruisers 2D RTS (by Mecha Weka) - Releasing on 4 Feb

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Casalex, Jan 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casalex

Casalex Member

Sep 30, 2020
    Female

Battlecruisers is a hand-drawn 2D battle simulator for real time strategy fans. Humorous, perilous and visually stunning, your cruiser mission awaits...
    • Build the ultimate warship. Attack and defend against frigates, artillery, and bombers.
    • Strategize to lure enemies into tactical traps. Then smash them with fighters and rapid attack boats.
    • Witness awesome destructive power. Death star satellites, nuclear rockets and long-range artillery at your fingertips.
    • Decimate your enemies with insane ultra weapons. Unlock the Mann O'War Battleship, the Kamikaze Signal, and more.
    • Beat the cunning AI enemy. For addictive and gratifying battles.
    • Devour the particle system pyrotechnics. Where every explosion is unique.
    • Set to a dynamic score. Music that traces the action and lulls of every battle sequence.

[​IMG]

In the 22nd century, sea levels rose and the world divided. The surviving robot population took to the last floating cities, competing for resources by waging war with immense Battlecruisers.

Inspired by much-loved classics like Command & Conquer, Battlecruisers brings a minimalist flair to the RTS genre. Coming to iOS on iPad on 4 February.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Players - we need your feedback! Please tell us what you like about our game and how we can make it better.

Thanks
    Pete

Battlecruisers (Beta) on iOS:
    https://testflight.apple.com/join/R97SYxxn

Battlecruisers website:
    https://battlecruisersgame.com

Battlecruisers on Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/battlecruisersgame

2. achilles1984

achilles1984 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Unfortunately only for Ipad

3. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    It pains me but I think I see why. It’s a beautiful looking game though; I bet it does really well.

4. Casalex

Casalex Member

Sep 30, 2020
    Female
    Hey guys, Developer here:

The game works fine on our old Android phones and iPhone - we just haven't made the UI for phones yet. The writing is too small. Totally playable though. We're hoping to get enough engagement at launch next week to let us work on the phone UI.

5. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Well that is good news; I hope you find a way. If that’s the situation then it might be a bit like Crying Suns; it’s very playable on a Max/Plus sized phone but probably not so good on a regular.

Fingers crossed that you sort something out; I’ve been watching you over on Reddit and it’s one of the most visually unique games I’ve seen.

Casalex likes this.
  6. Casalex

Casalex Member

Sep 30, 2020
    Female
    Hey @MetaGonzo thank you for your words bro. It does mean a lot more than you'd probably think, as a rational agent :D

I especially appreciate the "visually unique" comment. It somewhat contradicts the opinion of most of my school teachers growing up - drawing was a waste of time :) Thank you

MetaGonzo likes this.
  7. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    Been trying this over the past few days. Never liked the standard RTS’s on mobile. Trying to fit large areas and loads of units into small screenspace tends to be problematic. Battle Cruisers could be the answer. I’m seeing the RTS mechanic of base and unit production condensed into a futuristic sea battle. Everything is here; factory building plus an increasing variety of artillery, naval, air and defence units. As others have said, the 2D sihouette graphics look good but also make it easy to see progress in the production queue. Thought has been put into ease of control with taps to move constructors between installations, and quick pan buttons give an overview of the battle situation. I’d like to suggest some improvements but can’t think of any. It’s all working remarkably well so far.

Casalex likes this.
  8. Casalex

Casalex Member

Sep 30, 2020
    Female
    Thank you! We're always refining and polishing. Everything is finally coming to a head for us, launch is right around the corner. If we can get enough of a following, we can work on Battlecruisers fulltime - that's the dream. Then you'll see all the content we've had planned from the start :D

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA