iPhone Battle Worlds: Kronos (by KING Art GmbH)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Dittsche, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    The intro is quite buggy, not a big deal though. I'm also trying to figure out how to delete a saved game.. As far as gameplay, no complaints.. Moving troops around is seemless, zooming in and out as well.. I'm playing a single player game right now it's pretty damn fun.. Hard but fun

2. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Your the man! Thank you

3. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Also, I forgot to mention the one feature that I really like and Advance Wars / Fire Emblem have it but MANY other strategy games (Hunted Cow games) in ios don't have it ! It's the preview of the combat. Before the confirmation of the combat you see how the estimated result will be with some colors and the energy bar. This is very useful because how on earth the user will remember the damage made by so many different kind of units between them??? I think it's stupid when some strategy don't have this feature because some times without knowing the info, you fight "blindly".

This game is challenging but this is good. :)

4. mattaid

mattaid Member

Jul 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your in depth reply... I think I'll invest and see how it goes for a newbe like myself...

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    If you get stuck, don't get frustrated. Instead ask for help here.
    This game is really hard, and does not offer an "easy" difficulty. Pretty close to the original Battle Isles games that inspired it, those were really difficult as well.

I'm only at the second stage, and I already had to restart this one and try again because I made some mistakes. And I'm what I'd call a solid player: definitely not top notch, but good enough.

Anyways, even with the nailbiting difficulty it promises to be a fun - if bumpy - ride ;) .

As for unit bonus: Each unit that is adjacent to the enemy when you attack gives you a 25% damage bonus. So positioning is very important. What I don't know is how far up the bonus stacks. I did not get more than 3 units in range yet.

6. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Just a heads up, since you mentioned Hunted Cow. They do indeed typically have this feature in their games. It called Combat Analysis and is turned off by default. It shows how your units compare to the target and their chances of successfully attacking. It doesn't show exact damage though but does give you satisfying numbers to examine and refer to.

Loving this game so far. It's worth every cent spent. For a TBS fan this is a must own! It even has this thing called a story!

7. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    On my flight home last night it just kept crashing out to the point I gave up playing it.

Ipad 4 64gb 4g ios 8

8. 64o

64o Member

Jul 7, 2014
    40+ units when that's supposed to cover two factions and their buildings and land, sea and air deploys not to mention the disparity between the mobile and pc versions, we're talking one looking like a DS game and the other ahead of the visual curve... underwhelming

9. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    I'm also disappointed about the visuals.Not only the massive downgrade but also they way to"aggressve"looking HEX fields.It even gets on my nerves when i just look at the screenshots.I would dream of HEX fields if i would actually play it.

Sadly,i have to pass.I'm also kinda bored of HEX field TBS since i know and love BotB,DoM and Desert Fox.

10. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Just checking in. This game is AWESOME!

That is all....carry on.

11. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums’ Game of the Week Nominee

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Battle Worlds: Kronos was successfully nominated for voting in Touch Arcade forums’ Game of the Week. Participants may vote for their favorite release from the week of November 6 at the link below, to occur over the next 3 days.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=247443

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Gets my vote.

13. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    I started an online game and have been waiting for 2 days for somebody to join lol.. ###.. I was hoping it would be easy finding a game online.. Apparently not.. My username is luciano1084 btw :)

14. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I have been also dissatisfied with the purchase of the game. I don't see any support from the developers about the problems of the game. I have left it on the second stage because I am waiting for some kind of patch / update to fix the problems. In my ipad 4, is getting very unstable after some time. Also the scrolling is too annoying. :(

I am wondering if they had actually left the graphics as it was in the pc, the framerate would be around 5-10 fps? :eek:

I don't see also enough interesting in this topic too..

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Well, I'm busy playing, so not much to post here at the moment ;)
    On my iPad Air it crashed only once, most likely a memory issue.
    I noticed that it is a real memory hog, and not too well ported: e.g. everytime I as much as close the lid on my iPad, BattleWorlds quits and I have to reload my save.

@nkarafo: Don't know what you mean with the annoying scrolling, I find it quite okay so far. What I miss is a clear indicator on a unit that you fully moved it for this turn, e.g. dimming the unit sprite's color. It gets quite an ordeal to make sure I did not forget anything with a larger army.

16. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
  17. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    This needs more attention.I'm gonna try the lite version first to see whether I'll get hooked in or not.

18. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    This needs much more attention,come on guys!