Universal Battle Supremacy: Evolution (by Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Marcos stein

Marcos stein Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2015
    Good to know. Please optimize for a smooth framerate on Ipad Air 2.

2. MartianLM

MartianLM Member

Oct 7, 2011
    Thanks for proving my point perfectly :)

3. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #83 Ayjona, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    This thread has extensive complaints regarding the touch controls (and the inability to invert the Y axis). Will these points, too, be adressed in the patch?

(I'm holding off my purchase of what really seems like one the most impressive action games in the history of touch screen entertainment murder until the game is generally considered playable without a gamepad or joystick. It would be a durned shame if what looks like your most promising title so far, with a history of action games with excellent controls, crashes and burns like a touchscreen-controlled hovertank thanks to inaccurate or sluggish virtual sticks...)

4. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    The Beta group for Atypical/Revo games made a Facebook page for this latest Atypical release. Lots of info there, all of the Beta group, many of the most active online players. Meet people, learn things, share.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/831196270329132/?fref=nf

It's a private Facebook group that is open to all. Just request to get in. It is simply private so that one's gaming life doesn't have to mix with real life.

Other Atypical Games Fan Pages in the Revoverse (called the Revoverse because Atypical was formerly Revo Solutions Games):

World War I air Combat:
    Sky Gamblers: Rise of Glory: https://www.facebook.com/groups/219092471485288/

Modern Jet Combat:
    Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy: https://www.facebook.com/groups/376554915697487/

WWII Air Combat:
    Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders: https://www.facebook.com/groups/140906782719251/

Cold War Jet Combat:
    Sky Gamblers: Cold War: https://www.facebook.com/groups/149019495285627/

World War II Tank Combat:
    Battle Supremacy: https://www.facebook.com/groups/503857003045473/

Reno Air Races:
    Breitling Reno Air Races: https://www.facebook.com/groups/563176017147195/

Radiation Island:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/608882895877849/

The Revoverse also includes numerous satellite pages made by the players. The above Fan Pages form the hubs.

5. fili_1982

fili_1982 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Programmer
    Romania
    About the upgrades: sometimes the upgrade is small enough that the improvement is just 1-2 pixels wide, easy to miss. I'll try to make the improvement a little more visible.
    I admit, the upgrades are not explained as much as I'd like. When you upgrade armor (or other stuff from the weapon, battle and energy tabs), you upgrade them for all vehicle forms. But when you go to the transformer tab and upgrade the tank let's say, you upgrade firepower, armor and other things just for the tank form. So if you like to play the drone, you could just upgrade drones.

6. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Oh ouch!
    This is one of the most powerful iOS gaming devices out there right now. :eek:
    It hurts to read this, because it's really tempting to buy it right now watching the trailer again.

7. Marcos stein

Feb 1, 2015
    During battle with explosions and fire the framerate drop a lot.

8. fili_1982

fili_1982 Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Programmer
    Romania
    That's the most powerful device, it works super-smooth for us. Are you sure you don't have limit fps activated? (config->graphics) Or maybe something in the background, stealing processor power?

9. Marcos stein

Feb 1, 2015
    No, all clean.
    I'm running Ios 9.1. For the most part is smooth but in battle i have framerate drops.

10. Marcos stein

Feb 1, 2015
    This happens especially when you go through the fire or smoke and when an explosion occurs on your back (assuming you are going forward) .

11. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    I'm holding back buying this for now, mainly because I read you can't invert the y axis which really gets me. On the frame rate thing though, I have an iPad Air 1. Recently. Have noticed frame rate issues with quite a few games, some of which I'm sure used to or should run butter smooth - Asphalt 8, Modern Combat 4, Unkilled, Xenowerk, Horizon Chase (lags when picking up power ups). I'm running ios9.1. Didn't actually want to upgrade from 8.4.1 but there is no option to not DOWNLOAD an update now so I guess if I don't install it will keep bugging me and take up 1.5g of memory, and if I delete it it will redownload it (causing performance issues while gaming).

Soooo, I'm wondering if they've dumped a load of stuff in temporary RAM in the new IOSes. That is the 1gb RAM (Air 1), or 2gb RAM (Air 2) which is causing game lag?? Like on android- when that temporary RAM fills up it kills gaming performance. It might just be that since getting the Air most stuff runs so well that I'm getting more sensitive to frame rate issues....

12. Marcos stein

Feb 1, 2015
    I 'm tired of Apple ruining everything, iOS 9 and 9.1 is a deception .
    Running IOS 9.2 beta 1 and all games run better on the iPad Air 2 including Unkilled and Horizon Chase.

13. Pyroknight

Pyroknight Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Am I the only one to have a bad experience with Battle Supremacy? While they have great graphics, Battle Supremacy had absolutely terrible controls and simple gameplay while being full of IAP's. Sky gamblers also had very simple gameplay and had a ton of IAP as well.

14. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Wait... I thought this was a premium title? :confused:

15. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Maybe the controls didn't work for you, but they weren't that bad. As far as IAP goes, nothing in either game mentioned relates to what you imply. There were IAP's that let you buy certain vehicles that otherwise couldn't be won (if I remember correctly), but they weren't any better than what could be obtained by simply playing.

I hate coming back to threads ro see them derailed into a bash-fest. "Hey everybody, there's people hating on this game! Time to shine!!" .....Cut the bullshit.

16. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I have no opinion yet as I wait for my new Apple TV, but I agree. We sometimes forget the devs hard work in producing games. Hopefully will be fixed in the next update. Will buy once my Apple TV comes in to support the dev. Luckily bought a MiFi controller.

17. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #97 rIcHrAnDoM, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    Amen!

You hit the nail on the head. This game is fan-freaking-tastic. Atypical bring fresh, beautiful, and most importantly FUN games every single time they release something.

Is this a flight simulator? No. Is it a tank simulator? No. Can you fly planes and drones and drive futuristic transforming tanks? HELL YEAH!

This game is an arcade, multiplayer battler. And it achieves what it is trying to accomplish in spades.

These developers have been active here and are guaranteed to come with useful updates, they have a track record that shows they listen to and understand their customers.

Is the game 100% perfect out of the box? What MP game is, be it console or otherwise.... but, B.S. Evo is miles from unplayable or "ruined" by its control implementation.

I'm pretty attached to this game and have the utmost respect for Atypical Games/REVO they've refused freemium methodology and they've earned my $$$ for past, present and any future games they produce.

5 stars all the way.... GOTW

18. s4r3th

s4r3th Member

Jun 1, 2014
    The controls are ok..leave a lot to be desired in frantic dogfight though.

What i'm curious about is they said that the multiplayer will include team deathmatch, base assault, but i dont see any option at all?.??

19. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Thanks, hope they release it soon.

20. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I've bought every Atypical game at release.

Air Supremacy: lost my iaps.
    Wings of Glory: original removed from the store.
    Battle Supremacy: gimped with updates; upgrades cost a fortune compared to when it was released. I'm sure to encourage iap purchases.

That last one bothers me the most. I'll wait until it goes to a buck AND gets gimped simultaneously.

Talented studio which has made some really idiotic moves.