Universal Battle Supremacy - (by Atypical Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 8, 2014.

1. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Yep. I'm biting on this right......meow.

2. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Just had a quick go on free roam and all I can say is wow up to and exceeding graphics of the sky gamblers series. You can drive a tank about running crap over and blowing shit up. Stuff breaks up and disappears you can even venture on to landing craft. I'm not sure how big the map is yet but it looks plenty big from what I saw.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    How do you get in the planes in free roam

4. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    Yeah I got that too but shouldn't spoil the game.

5. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Pretty badass so far! No issues with aiming here. Everything is very fluid. So far so good. :D

6. bigjack66

Aug 5, 2013
    Wow! Just watched destructive capabilities. Check out Battle supremacy destruction on you tube that's some destructive model on an ipod. The barrel reload speed was just for show but that was mighty impressive!

7. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    Yeah, but it's the only way to angle on the Y-axis in advanced controls mode.
    This game is real quality. I just have a feeling this is the next step towards merging aircraft play with ground vehicles (online), for their next title.

I think Atypical is trying to best War Thunder before it finally goes mobile later this year.

8. militantmind

militantmind Member

Aug 3, 2011
    Music Producer
    On a Soundwave in Canada
    To address a couple points: I've got jaggy edges as someone previously mentioned on my ipad Air. There's a hint of motion blur and graphics seem to go from slightly blurred to reasonably sharp a lot. The zoomed controls are very laggy and I feel aiming is more difficult than it should be; it isn't that aiming isn't challenging- it's not tight enough. I also got really nauseous playing through the second training mission. Lol. I enjoyed myself what I did play and smashing around huge, well detailed maps is awesome. I found I was able to shoot through some larger buildings with no consequence to the building. I've also run into Palm trees that bounce my tank backwards and some that go down. I hope the dev's continue to work and iron out this potentially fantastic game!

9. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Continue to be thoroughly impressed. I haven't noticed any issues that have been mentioned on my 5s. I will say tho that this is a massive battery drain. I hope that gets addressed

10. TigerBoat

TigerBoat Member

Dec 28, 2012
    A few issues with this game:

There are already people with the best tanks despite the game just having come out. They have a huge advantage (anyone with (SAB) in their name).

The team balancing is bad. Superskilled guys in their Ferrari tanks against noobs. Frequently it was 5 v 2.

Once you get pushed back to your spawn the enemy team just sits there and spawn kills.

The keyboard is tiny, doesn't register keystrokes have the time and doesn't let you write more than a few words.

The game desperately needs a button to recenter the turret.

11. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Open the map (tap on the radar) and look for a plane icon moving about. [​IMG]

This game looks so good!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Blow em up before they're set loose :D
    [​IMG]

I just wish there was a death sequence when your plane blows up. And I wish you could crash it into a ship or into the side of a mountain. :p

12. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Carefully read the thread, watched part of Sanuku's video and... Instabuy! :)

13. ugdvnr

ugdvnr Active Member

Dec 4, 2009

Thanks for the feedback!
    We'll tune the team balancing. As for now, there were not too many players...so rooms had to be started even if unbalanced. Waiting time has priority over ranks.
    The players with upgraded tanks were part of the beta testing group (which we thank again). Upgrading and unlocking tanks is done differently to freemium games - first upgrades are the cheapest and have the biggest impact. Also, any of the tanks is competitive, so it is enough that you upgrade only one tank - my advice would be to use one of the medium tanks that are already unlocked from the start.
    Keyboard - I agree, a little hard to use.
    Recentering the turret (I believe you use advanced controls) is done by double tapping on the right side of the screen.
    Hope you like the game :)

14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Gosh it's crazy that this comes with 3 maps

15. planckboy

planckboy Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2012
    I am really liking what I see - I'm not much of a multiplayer type gamer so is this a good enough solo campaign?
    Looking for something for my iPad Air...

16. chitty007

chitty007 Active Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Keeps crashing on ipad mini retina 3rd campaign mission. Great game but keeps crashing. Will probably give up soon if it keeps doing it. Good graphics and the mechanics are great but the crashing over and over is annoying.

17. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars

Noticed that too. There must have been 3 tanks shooting at an enemy TU and that sucker didn't take any damage, from the front or the side. Online should not allow aim assist either.

18. RenTin850

RenTin850 Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2013
    This looks like a real good game. Does anyone know if the game play focus mainly on tanks since the description talks about mainly tanks and the planes and boats are just side kick type of deal? Like the planes and boats are just perks you get to use when you have enough points type of thing?

19. chitty007

chitty007 Active Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Can anyone get their save games/profiles to work across devices? My has my game centre/Facebook and name details as the same but my saves don't carry over?

Thanks

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well bought this last night, very very impressed with it, amazing you can just blow up houses/huts/trees etc.

Must admit i'm beginning to hate tanks ;) Very slow to turn and steer, had a few upgrades and now its much faster though.

Stunning graphics, played a couple of the different variations, glad theres lots of bots if you want to play single player 'multiplayer'

Done a few missions, a very impressive game and again i'm stunned its not 2 gig or something.

Now i'm thinking the next game could be similar but this time you're on foot a bit like Call of Duty ;)

But a great game and one major reason i couldnt switch entirely to Android (as this is iOS only)