Battle Shock - Free Promo Codes (Castle Defense)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Fletch_LunaSeaGames, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Fletch_LunaSeaGames

Fletch_LunaSeaGames Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    #121 Fletch_LunaSeaGames, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
    Got a couple free codes to hand out tonight. PM me if you're interested in getting the game. Don't forget to follow us on Twitter for other giveaways and information too! (Twitter)

Here's a gameplay video:

2. brypan

brypan Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    I enjoy this game a lot more than Stick Defense. There is a lot more depth to it; more than just flicking a screen as fast as you can. It seems pretty easy for a while, but that all changes very quickly. This is definately the best castle defense game in the app store IMO, but it needs some additions, like maybe some new weapons, or the ability to buy more than 100 total health. The only thing that seems unfinished is the archers, they don't seem that effective and are killed very eaisily. Just my 2 cents.

3. DavidGQ

DavidGQ Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Played this games for the past few days. Love this a lot more than Stick and other games similar to it. Easy to learn and play. Like the music also. Would love to see different powers and upgrade in the future update. Very well designed game. My daughter, who is 6, loves this game also. Don't laugh but she already know how use the Iphone when it first came out 2 yrs ago. She likes to play games on my Iphone now. Her 2 favorites are Creeps and this :)

4. Ajg3

Ajg3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2009
    Lala Land
    Looks very fun pm sent

5. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    only two days late

6. tabas1

tabas1 Member

Jul 28, 2009
    More spells

This game is really fun.However,I feel that it is missing more of a variety in spells.

7. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    Congratulations this game is now the #23 Top Game.

8. Fletch_LunaSeaGames

Jun 12, 2009
    Thank you! Now to finish that update....

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I just have to say I love your company's name! I don't think it even hit me until I read it out loud. :D

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Fletch -

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Battle Shock is front and center in the New and Noteworthy section of the App store...

11. DavidGQ

DavidGQ Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Played for the past few days. Love it. The difficulty level is about right.

Question, is there an endless mode in update?

12. Fletch_LunaSeaGames

Jun 12, 2009
    We were VERY excited to see that kind of placement for Battle Shock. Apple doesn't communicate this stuff to developers, at least not to us. So it was a shock to me when I stumbled across it yesterday. I had to do a double take to make sure I wasn't seeing things. It's very much the Holy Grail of the App Store to developers and I'm thrilled that Battle Shock was chosen to be placed there. The impact on sales has been huge and that is only feeding the fire to get this next update done and out the door. There are a lot of gameplay enhancements coming.

See ya,
    Fletch_LunaSeaGames

13. Fletch_LunaSeaGames

Jun 12, 2009
    We're getting mixed feedback regarding level of difficulty. The good news is that this next update has easy, medium and hard difficulty levels. The current game is considered medium (or normal). Sounds like it's not much of an issue for you, but useful nonetheless :).

As for endless mode, that's what we're actively working on right now. It's taking a bit longer than expected, but I think it's going to really redefine how the game is played. The flow of the waves feels smoother and we're definitely focusing on enhancing the core gameplay experience.

Regards,
    Fletch_LunaSeaGames

14. Fletch_LunaSeaGames

Jun 12, 2009
    Hey everyone! Battle Shock managed to go from being just a blip on the radar to being one of the best selling games in just a couple days. We're currently sitting at #3 for Strategy, #6 for Arcade, #11 in games and #22 overall.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=318565492&mt=8

If you haven't checked it out yet, here's a gameplay video:

There's more changes coming. Most of the changes have already been discussed here in this thread, but to recap :

* Endless play
    * Levels of Difficulty
    * Global leaderboards

Have fun! And thanks for all the support.

Regards,
    Fletch_LunaseaGames

15. mossman33

mossman33 New Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Congrats guys! Cool game. Sorry if I messed up by posting a new thread. Just thought I would help get the word out <ducking and running>

16. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    this is on my watch list

17. zombie

zombie Well-Known Member

Look really nice. Reminds me of Lord of the rings :)

We are also developing a castle defense game. But there is room for more than one good one :) I will defenitly get this one!

Zombie - New info on our ZombieSmash Blog : http://zombiesmash.gamedrs.com
    Try to guess who our sound magician is and win a promo code when the game is released

18. Fletch_LunaSeaGames

Jun 12, 2009
    Good luck with your game! This whole App Store thing is a tough nut to crack :).

19. zombie

zombie Well-Known Member

Just bought your game. Really great. Please try to improve the framerate in the later levels. Its getting a little slow on my 3g.

Left you a review on itunes.

20. Fletch_LunaSeaGames

Jun 12, 2009
    Hi all,

Battle Shock has just been featured in the "Best Castle Defense Games" section of the App Store in iTunes!

Yay! More info to come tonight regarding v1.3 which we submitted for approval yesterday. BIG changes....