Battle Shock - Free Promo Codes (Castle Defense)

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by Fletch_LunaSeaGames, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Fletch_LunaSeaGames

Fletch_LunaSeaGames Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    #1 Fletch_LunaSeaGames, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2009

Take a look at the http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=15202&highlight=battle+shock thread for details regarding this game.

I've got a couple promo codes to hand out. First 2 people to PM me will receive a free copy of Battle Shock.

Please take the opportunity to download, play and review the game.

We are actively continuing development on this title so your feedback is absolutely welcome. We're currently implementing High Scores, Achievements, Leaderboards, endless play and difficulty levels. All of these things are meant to really help the replay value of Battle Shock. There's a lot more planned too!

Regards,
    Fletch

www.LunaSeaGames.com

2. DonD_GT

DonD_GT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    PM sent.

Edit: Your thread link above doesn't seem to work.

3. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
  4. Fletch_LunaSeaGames

Jun 12, 2009
    Sorry everyone. I fixed the link in the original message.

5. Silver Orange

Silver Orange Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    California
    Aww man, only 2.

6. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

just a little too late....

7. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Yeah, but at least this method works better than just throwing them all up for grabs where the lurkers get it :(

8. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Hey fletch I had no idea you were a developer. Good luck with your game :)

9. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Oh...this is the same Fletch that posts here? Congrats Fletch!

10. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Probably a different Fletch. No multiple accounts are allowed =/

11. Fletch_LunaSeaGames

Jun 12, 2009
    Ok, all gone! Response was overwhelming! I'll see if I can get ahold of a few more promo codes and I'll come back in a couple days. I really enjoy these forums and they are constantly active which doesn't hurt my argument for getting some more :)

You can see our website http://www.LunaSeaGames.com. I am one of 3 developers in our small company. We have a long history in game development (over 30 years combined) and we are all actively working on AAA titles for current gen consoles. We're serious about bringing you a great gameplay experience designed specifically for the iPhone. It's an amazing device and people are really starting to recognize that.

Regards,
    Fletch

12. cheezeburger69

cheezeburger69 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Target Cart Attendant
    Dirty Stallis
    Anyone got a quick review?

13. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Awesome, but are you Fletch, the Fletch who's been here for a while?

I'll give impressions soon.

14. Fletch_LunaSeaGames

Jun 12, 2009
    You're probably thinking of another Fletch. I'm Fletch_LunaSeagames. I've been here for the past week or so. I've read these forums in the past, just not a strong reason to post until now.

Regards,
    Fletch (LunaSea Games) <- Maybe this would be better :)
    www.LunaSeaGames.com

15. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Aww man, just 2? This what happens when I'm not trolling the boards like usual.

I like the 3d look of the game though, looks really good

16. Fletch_LunaSeaGames

Jun 12, 2009
    Thank you! We're working on another gameplay video to show off a good deal of additional gameplay elements. Our first video didn't show off the upgrades, like purchasing and placing archers or upgrading spells etc.... I'm going to try and get that organized before the weekend.

Fletch (LunaSeagames)

17. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Okay this game is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun =D

Has the most epic music I've ever heard, it fits the game perfectly
    Great controls and graphics, as well as sound effects (there's a wilhelm scream =P)
    It's a great castle defense game, I think I like it better than stick wars, because of the huge variation of enemies and upgrades. DEFINITELY worth $3, I didn't check the price it is, but I would buy it for 3 bones for sure. Great job =)

Oh yeah, one thing I'd add though is HIGH SCORES!!! I couldn't believe that there wasn't a high scoring ranking table, but there isnt D= what's the point then?

18. DonD_GT

DonD_GT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2009
    I agree with Bat. The game plays like Stick Wars but with you blasting the invaders with magic instead of tossing them. The graphics are beautiful. The music is fitting. The gameplay itself is great.

My complaint, which I saw echoed in the other thread about this game, is that your spells can damage your castle if you aren't careful enough. It is quite hard to hit the guys that are close to the wall without damaging the wall. In the end, I was defeated not by the invaders, but by my own spells taking out the wall.

Any other complaints look to already be addressed:
    We're currently implementing High Scores, Achievements, Leaderboards, endless play and difficulty levels.

Very fun game.

19. Fletch_LunaSeaGames

Jun 12, 2009

Thanks for the review. The game is only $0.99. We went back and forth on the pricing and we finally settled on $0.99 instead of our original $2.99. The perception about game pricing is very different in the app store than anywhere else. We figured it would be better to get our names out there with a fun game at the impulse purchase price of $0.99!

FYI - We are currently working on an update which includes High Scores.

When you get a chance, I would greatly appreciate it if you left your feedback in the App Store.

Thanks,
    Fletch (LunaSeaGames)

20. Fletch_LunaSeaGames

Jun 12, 2009
    #20 Fletch_LunaSeaGames, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2009

Thanks for the feedback. I would appreciate it greatly if you could leave a quick review up on the app store when you get a chance.

I'm talking with the designer about some of our options for changing the way "friendly fire" works. As you play the game more you may notice your technique or strategy for attacking guys at your castle walls changes which would significantly reduce the amount of damage you're doing to yourself. However, with that said, the response is generally more negative about friendly fire so we may just end up turning it off :).

Regards,
    Fletch (LunaSea Games)