Universal Battle Golf (by Colin Lane)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Tosty

Tosty Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi Colin,

Just wondering if you could share how many downloads you were getting at the release to be able to get on the first page of "New and Noteworthy" on the App Store. Also, how many downloads did you start getting once you were there? Last, did you do a lot of marketing before the release of your app? How did you get such a large amount of followers on the first day? Thanks for any info you can share!

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=267422][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267395][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267549][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267325][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267172][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267340][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267338][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267339][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267343][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267242][​IMG][/thread]

Battle Golf

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

July 30th, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

3. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Hi,

Is new and Noteworthy the same as Best New games? The appStore features are actually not connected to downloads. The features are decided by the App Store editors, the game was released on Wednesday evening and the features go up on Thursday. There is nothing specific I did to get the feature apart from trying to make a game I think is fun. During the feature week Battle Golf was getting around 50k downloads a day, now its around 10K a day. My marketing was a forumpost here on touch arcade, also sending a test flight build to Carter who kindly wrote an article. I also sent a build to Pocket gamer who did an article and a video. Former also sent promo codes to various websites and you tubers. Thats all apart a few tweets here an there.

4. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Sorry I missed this! really great ideas! I have submitted an update now and sadly its not as major a change as the ideas in here. Ive added an AI opponent and a co-op score game mode. Also some power-ups, a multi ball, shield and bird barrier. The bird power up is bit like the barrier you mentioned, it moves up and down infront of the opponent and will block the ball if it gets hit.

I think what I will do is make a Battle Golf 2, and this version will be "out there". I see it more like pinball golf, way more crazy stuff going on, Cave holes and obstacles like you mentioned.

thanks again for your ideas! once i start building it i will get you guys in on the test flight!

5. ColinL

ColinL Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 29, 2014
    Ive got a shield power up in there! it protects you from one direct shot before it shatters!

Thanks again for the ideas! this update is not spectacular, Im going to save all the best ideas for Battle Golf 2.

Also like the others said, its never too late. have a look at Stencyl.com you could make your first basic game in a weekend using that.

6. Neddy F

Neddy F Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Thanks. I'll check it out!