Universal Battle for Blood - Epic battles within 30 seconds! (by YFC games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by niflying, May 9, 2015.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Thank you very much for the response. I really do think that this is a very good game despite its faults.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean about the less armies comment - don't I have to select a certain amount of types of troops per level?

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I understand if there are no matches BUT then if it's a timed section that timer needs to stop when the game says please wait. It's not my fault the game presents with no matches a lot. It interrupts the flow of the battle. That's bad. That and you get very little money for grinding even with the extra money ability maxed out.

Billy

3. Gambler

Gambler Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Gazorpazorp
    What's so hard to understand about this? He doesn't like/play freemium games but here he also fell for an apparently paid/premium game which doesn't really work in the later stages without using iAP (thus he said there are games - like this one - which cost money upfront but are also listed as offering in-App purchases in the App Store. And, as it turns out, behave like freemium games after a while after all).

Regarding the game: I'm always excited when a PREMIUM three-match/RPG hybrid gets released. Love those kind of games. Unfortunately most are freemium and designed to take all the fun out of a game after a while - Unless you shell out plenty of dough.

Loved this title at first and the first 13 levels were easily doable. But like a nice little hustling freemium match 3 the boards get increasingly hard. Level 14 is a 7x7 tiles board that is cut into two halves = You only can match more than three vertically (and even that is extremely hard with such a board layout). So it's nearly impossible to make this level without either a massive amount of luck or with you spending a lot of cash for upgrading your units.

Also, updates for units get increasingly expensive and you'd have to grind forever to even be able to afford one of them. It's a joke this game costs any money at all. This is the best example for a freemium game: Take out the fun for the player and make it increasingly difficult that you can't make it unless you spend lots and lots of your hard earned cash.

This game should be $ 0,--. Taking the iAP's and the clearly freemium game design into consideration even 1 buck's very greedy for this. But I'm 100% positive this game will go free after max. a few months.

P. S.: For everybody looking out for a great match-three/RPG hybrid with NO iAPs - Give EMBLEM HEROES a try. This is one of the greatest games on iOS I've ever played (not just in this genre). You'll pay once and you get an awesome experience with a lot of different quests, great loot & tactical combat plus replayabilty. Wish other developers would follow the example of Emblem Heroes instead of creating cash grabbing garbage like this.

4. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    I am totally with you on that one. Heroes Emblem is easily one of the best match 3 game that has been release as of late for a premium title. It has 0 IAP also have a funny story with really cute characters. Also very in depth game play. I recommended it to a few friends and everyone who bought it love it.

5. Ha after Hero Emblems, I was so desperate for another good premium match-three game that I started this: http://www.appunwrapper.com/2015/01/25/match-three-ios-mobile-games-without-pay-to-win-iap/

I quickly gave up trying to find more because there's just so much junk to wade through. If Hero Emblems got an endless arena mode, I probably wouldn't even bother looking for any others, honestly.

What this game is doing reminds me of Barcode Kingdom -- cool concept, cost a buck, then had those godawful timers that stopped you from playing. Ugh.

6. niflying

niflying Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Forgive my poor language. I mean chosen less armies into battlefield.
    [​IMG]

I don't know how to description. But 4 armies in a puzzle is better than 5 armies. Because 4 armies are more easy to make combining than 5 armies. So, you could get more soilders, that make the game easier.

Of course, you can choose Peasants+ Archers+ Eagle Warrior+Warlock or Swordsmen + Archers+ Eagle Warrior+Warlock, based on your armies. In my case, my Peasants stronger than Swordsmen, so I choose Peasants.

Hi, LordShad0wz.
    It's a "Strategy" part in this game. Please chosen less armies into battlefield.

Hi, Gambler
    Do you try this in level 14

[​IMG]

Peasants+Archers+SergeantSwordsmen+EagleWarrior+Warlock or Peasants+Archers+SergeantSwordsmen+Warlock

You can see my stage 1-20 gameplay here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVyMWxHACi8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBeEUL7XLq0

I thru stage 20 with no IAPs even no items. less than 2 hours.

My wife and I creat this game, Honestly, We want make some money from this game.
    But, We really didn't put in any "paywall".
    Maybe I am not angel, but I am not evil too.

Last, Forgive my poor language again.

Attached Files:

• tt1.jpg
      tt1.jpg
      File size:
      165.6 KB
      Views:
    • tt2.jpg
      tt2.jpg
      File size:
      167.1 KB
      Views:
  7. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    hmm, really tempted to buy this, looks great.

but i'll wait until dev responds with a solution to the 'no camps' 30 min timer.

8. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    hey mate, as ive told you before in PM, things doesnt work here if you insist to do it in a " freemium chinese game " way. its even worst if you make it as a premium but at the end it looks like a freemium ,you know what i mean. we all understand dev needs to make money from it, but on top of that, customers need to be happy with their purchase

9. Alex Wolf

Alex Wolf Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Tile hints are gone also? Or are they still disturbing?

10. niflying

Dec 4, 2011
    #50 niflying, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    Hi, wyzau
    Maybe we can fill the camps count from 5 to 8 or 12. So, Almost no waitting camps here.
    May I winning your favor now ?:)

I will try my best, Thank you for your help.
    All of you.

Hi,Alex Wolf

We will add a button to turn off or turn on the hints.

11. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    From a personal PoV the only thing that will stop me asking for a refund is the complete removal of the wait for camps. I've paid for this game and I don't see why I should have to wait to play it.

I understand the adoption of timers in a free game but I find it completely unacceptable in a paid one.

12. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Personally I don't mind the timers because I don't get much time to play. But I do agree with you that timers making you wait to play should not be in a paid game.

13. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    I'll buy it after people here say that this change would reduce the waiting times dramatically.
    Just waiting for some reactions to this change, i really want to play this :)

14. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Well at the moment I don't know how long the waiting times are but I've just waited 25 minutes to get one camp back....

It's a good game - a fun match3 - and I guess if you don't mind paying for a game that includes timers it's up to you but I would never have bought it in the first place had I known they were there.

15. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    basically i also struggle against buying games that include timers, but this one looks so nice :)
    if the 'waiting game' occurs after 1-2 hours of gameplay, i don't have a big problem with it because usually i don't have so much time at once for playing.

16. niflying

Dec 4, 2011
    I think make players happy is the first. I want to make a great game make everyone enjoy it.
    So, We will complete removal of the wait for camps timer in next version.
    Hope you like the game.

I do like toucharcade, a great fourm for players and devs.
    Thank you my players.
    If you have any idea, please tell us.

17. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    #57 kopicha, May 11, 2015
    Actually I think the best is to remove the timer completely in the paid version at least. Since you have plans to put up a free version with ads, by all means you want to keep timer in that version it's all good. Although I personally don't favor much in paid (premium) games with iap. But if it is optional I am still kinda cool with it. Like example here you have iap that allow people to buy gold, I think it is still okay as I can treat it as a choice for people who does not wish to grind a bit and rather pay some money to save their time. Or maybe even for the sake of buying you a beer which is why they decided to buy some extra stuff that is okay. But please do not make it to the point where it is obvious that it is so hard to earn gold and people kinda being forced in a way to pay that extra. That would be extremely lame for a paid game despite being 0.99. I think most people including myself usually would rather pay a little more up front to get the full experience. Like hero emblem which I actually bought it on day 1 when it drops without much hesitation.

the reason why I feel even with more camp don't work well is because you have to understand different people have different skill level in playing games. Like I had one of my friend try your game earlier today. He have so much difficulty on stage 12. Despite I showed him I can pass it easily a couple of times. In all fairness if there is no timer, the least these people can still enjoy the game the way it should by allowing them to keep trying and learn / practice.

Regardless it's your call on how you want to change it. I simply share my opinion on how I feel with a real case scenario to let you picture the situation. I am still enjoying your game is all I have left to tell you. I even got my other friends to buy your game after looking at it. :)

18. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    #58 Stevencarla, May 11, 2015
    supporting you , we wont mind to pay more if the game is fun and worthwhile. what we do mind is a premium game with the most hateful stuff- TIMER. you can see how tiny guardians promoted their game with IAPS, no one cares about the IAP stuff, you have to make it in a clever way, not a greedy way.

19. wyzau

wyzau Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    .......aaaaaaaand bought! :D
    thanks!

20. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Thank you very much for listening - I certainly won't be asking for a refund in that case and look forward to playing it more and more!