Universal Battle Decks (by Chillingo Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Oct 7, 2015.

1. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    At the moment I'm playing a lot of Marines as they were best for my "Play 20 Grenadiers" quest, but now that I've cleared that I think I might try 1 I haven't done yet like Rebels or Spec Ops. It will probably depend on today's upcoming quests.

2. About Fun

About Fun Well-Known Member

I am playing Rebels, beacuse of the ultra rare card that I really like. Plus I quite like their rush play style...

3. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Im playing armour at the moment, but only just started

4. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #44 LordGek, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    The wording on many of the Rebel cards confused me a bit. I'm assuming the Rebel's "This OR That" effects aren't for the player to choose but 50/50 effects like Hearthstone Gnomes?

Machete?

5. Snotty128

Snotty128 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Ive made it to season rank 0, which seems to be the highest rank. My deck level is 14, nearly 15, and I have played pretty much every game with the cyber deck.

I do not think I have lost a single game. I do not know if this is due to skill, or having weak opponents. I have not spent any money, although I have been hit a few times by the rare card you can buy as an early adopter.

I was seriously considering spending money on the opening offer, but Im not sure what the point is if theres no challenge

6. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I think I lost once legitimately but more than a few times I've had to quit when the game glitched out on me (would not let me play a card midgame I had sufficient cps for, each time I tried to target 1 of the 3 start points, the summon was canceled). Not sure if it was entirely their server or my connection being temporarily lost but the game didn't even seem to recognize I seemed to be out of sync somehow.

7. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Maybe as more people come to the game the challenge will increase? Ive run into a couple who have run me out of cards.

8. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    Well that will teach me for being cocky.

I tried the frontline/arena mode and very nearly got wiped out. By far the toughest fight Ive had. It would seem my regular matches have been straightforward due to the common nature of the decks I was facing. This rare spec ops deck in fro tline nearly got the best of me.

Consider yourself warned.

9. About Fun

About Fun Well-Known Member

Yep, Machete. I love to find synergies with some other support cards and buffs.
    This OR That are totally random, 50/50 effects.

10. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    I finished the 10 required wins in the frontline campaign, suffering one loss in the process. Some of the fights were very challenging!

I was rewarded a 5 card booster pack, 900 gold, and a couple of nice cards (mantis merc and the return fire drone)

Im not sure if thats worth the 1500 gold entry fee, considering there is a real possibility of failure.

11. Mussaba

Mussaba New Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Anybody would like to explain me what the golds coins you gain after winning a battle are for? I've been collecting thousands but I don't know how to use them?:D
    Thank you

Mussaba

12. Mussaba

Mussaba New Member

Oct 12, 2015
    #52 Mussaba, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    :) :) :)

13. Mussaba

Mussaba New Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Just played against Commander..

14. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #54 LordGek, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    Goto the shop and buy 1000 gold packs! So far the only use for gold. The green credits you get for scrapping redundant cards will allow you to create specific cards (not that you can design a new one but purchase any existing individual card in the game IF you can afford it, and if trying something as ambitious as a Gold Ultra Rare, forget about it).

15. Rapshade

Rapshade New Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Don't use gold on packs. Use it on frontline for 1500, if you get 10 wins you get back 800-900 gold and a booster and three extra cards usually veteran or gold.

I suspect at lower wins you still get a booster but less gold and less cards but either way it is a more efficient use of gold and for collecting cards.

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    That's a big if there, but he might still be right. You always get a guaranteed pack, but yeah, with only 2 wins on my last attempt, I got an additional gold common card to the pack.

I also fear the 10 win streaks in Frontline will soon be less common as there are more players going in and it won't always be against an AI placeholder as it often was the first few days of the game's relaese.

17. Snotty128

Jul 26, 2013
    I got a much better reward from frontline this time. I went 10-0 and got 2 elite packs, 1000 gold and 3 assorted cards. I also fought against the same person twice in a row. He rage quit both times. GG though

18. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    What faction did you play last time? Any killer combos you can share?

19. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Sorry for the double post but have others been experiencing a lot of server issues the last few days? Like not being able to place a card or an opponent seeming to rage quit only after a couple of turns (might be a flaky opponent, but it seems just as likely a case where they got cut off randomly). Usually, if the game gets really weird like that you'll eventually get an option to reconnect, but as far as I can tell, there is no way to force the game to make that connection check so you can easily be forced to sit out a full turn before the game realizes somebody is out of sync.

20. Crazyboy423

Crazyboy423 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2014
    Studdent
    France
    My rank is stuck to 14 and doesn.t move